ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #601
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,854
If you want company, I might be up for that. Let me ask my brother. We could do a 2-3 day and see some country.

Pierce Fri eve. Sat - Motorway. Sun - Toboggan and maybe Aquarius or home. Mon - Grandad and maybe Aquarius to home.

That is not this weekend but the next might work.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #602
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I can ride from home over Dent to Pierce and Hemlock to Cayuse in a full day. You can make the loop if you are riding from Pierce, but it will be a long day. Bring extra fuel.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #603
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,854
If we gassed at Lolo Hotsprings would it be over 200 miles back over 109, toboggan, 250, Aquarius, Pierce.

I would like to tag that small Pass just north of the Lolo Visitor Center.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #604
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
Greetings,

Hope all of you had a good time riding so far this summer. Anyone have any riding plans for this coming weekend? Looking forward to meet and share stories.

I would like to go for a ride this weekend, preferably on Saturday. If Roy wanted to go and could only do Sunday then I could make Sunday work. Got any ideas?

You would have enjoyed the group ride to Sourdough Lookout last Sunday. I was hoping you would have showed up.

Last weekend I made it to Indian Hill Lookout on Friday, Troy on Saturday, and Sourdough on Sunday.
Mtnseker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #605
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
If we gassed at Lolo Hotsprings would it be over 200 miles back over 109, toboggan, 250, Aquarius, Pierce.

I would like to tag that small Pass just north of the Lolo Visitor Center.
200 miles? I think I would need to break it into two days then. Maybe Magruder from the Idaho side to the Selway and back , I have done that before in a day, about 100 miles.

Been driving around D.C. and need to get out to the mountains.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #606
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
I came back from my overseas trip on Sunday afternoon, otherwise I would have come on the Sourdough ride. I have no specific ideas where to ride, maybe the road from Selway falls to Elk City, or some scenic spot in the Blues or Nez Perce where we couldn't go earlier due to snow, or if you don't mind revisit Sourdough lookout? I will ride wherever you and Roy want to ride. Saturday or Sunday should work for me, we'll see what Roy says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
I would like to go for a ride this weekend, preferably on Saturday. If Roy wanted to go and could only do Sunday then I could make Sunday work. Got any ideas?

You would have enjoyed the group ride to Sourdough Lookout last Sunday. I was hoping you would have showed up.

Last weekend I made it to Indian Hill Lookout on Friday, Troy on Saturday, and Sourdough on Sunday.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #607
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
I came back from my overseas trip on Sunday afternoon, otherwise I would have come on the Sourdough ride. I have no specific ideas where to ride, maybe the road from Selway falls to Elk City, or some scenic spot in the Blues or Nez Perce where we couldn't go earlier due to snow, or if you don't mind revisit Sourdough lookout? I will ride wherever you and Roy want to ride. Saturday or Sunday should work for me, we'll see what Roy says.
I am going to plan on riding tomorrow. Probably ride up the Selway and then over to Elk City. See how the time schedule looks and ride the wagon road or the highway back down the south fork. The Sourdough doesn't interest me, just because it was there last weekend. I was thinking of leaving Lewiston around 8:00am. Let me know if you want to go or if you have another route you would like to ride.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #608
Idarider
R1200GS

Just landed a little while ago, started the day out by driving around Washington D. C. then two plane rides, so I am out for tomorrow for sure.

Good to be home.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #609
Idarider
R1200GS

July 20-21

Phyllis and I will be in Pierce next weekend.
I will be riding riding on some of the ridges on the DR350, and plenty of room for others if someone wants to do local small bike rides with as hard as you want to do trails or riding to fit any set of skills.
Lolo Motorway, Hemlock Lookout, French Mountain, Shanghai , Elk Mountain , Weitas Lookout, all sound interesting to me, maybe I will try to pick some crawdads for dinner.
May have to stop and eat a few huckleberries if they are on.

If it is going to be hot the riding will be early or we will have roll around in the creek stops to keep cool.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #610
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday Ride?

Anyone interested in a ride this Sunday? It would be nice to get up into the mountains where it is a little cooler.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #611
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
Anyone interested in a ride this Sunday? It would be nice to get up into the mountains where it is a little cooler.
That sounds good and it is supposed to be cooler. I have a company picnic tomorrow , doing set up and tear down, hauling a dunk tank over and back.

Where to? Somewhere with elevation and cooler air I hope.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #612
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
That sounds good and it is supposed to be cooler. I have a company picnic tomorrow , doing set up and tear down, hauling a dunk tank over and back.

Where to? Somewhere with elevation and cooler air I hope.

Not sure, maybe the Pierce or Grangeville area. Do you have a ride in mind?
I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and will be back in the late evening on Saturday. I'm good with just about anything. I've been up in Canada for the past week in my pickup and camper doing some exploring and would like to get on the GS for a day. Maybe we can get Restlessrider and Sorebutt to come along.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #613
beemerron
machine washable

Oddometer: 2,657
I'm base camped in Clarkston for a while & would like to get in on a Sunday Yee Ha.

Where and when?
beemerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #614
Idarider
R1200GS

Lots of rides

beemerron if you are in town on Aug 3, the first Saturday of the month there is a meeting of local riders at Macs Cycle at 9:00 , donuts and coffee. Generally one or more rides will start there, some organized some not.
Nominally a Beemer group, but an easy place to find people to ride with or just talk riding.

I just got the meeting email and several rides are planned during next week if you are looking for those. Monday Tuesday , and Wednesday.
I will PM you and Mtnseker my numbers
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #615
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday Ride

Ok, lets plan on meeting at the Dynomart in North Lewiston at 8:00am on Sunday. The Dynomart is near the bottom of the old spiral highway.