ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #616
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
Dynamart it is. I just got in from our boat trip. I have to go out and get my GS ready.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #617
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
Dynamart it is. I just got in from our boat trip. I have to go out and get my GS ready.
beemeron says he will be there too, so four of us at least, alwasy rooom for more. Someone figure out a plan.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #618
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

How about planning a ride for this weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #619
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Mine is already planned, DR350 from Pierce, going to try to get in on BBQ, pie eating ( don't tell thetourist) , breakfast across the creek from me tomorrow morning ( no cooking) and good music tomorrow night.

To find my place, during the 1860 days celebration you are routed right by my place ( main street is blocked ) . Big yard, green snow roof, red fence, next to last place in town from the south ( on your left ), 2nd place in town on the right coming in from the north.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #620
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:

Just got back from a great camping trip up on the Selway with our ATV's and then headed to Wallowa Lake on Saturday for a family get together. Planing on hiking up Hurricane Creek if the kids can keep up with the old man. I'm open for a ride on Sunday if what works. Got something in mind?
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #621
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I haven't thought much about where to go. It seems like we always find something exciting to do.

Should I plan on Sun.?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #622
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I haven't thought much about where to go. It seems like we always find something exciting to do.

Should I plan on Sun.?
Yes, Sunday it is. We haven't been on Road 500 this year or maybe the road that runs between the Snake and Salmon Rivers and drops down into Riggins. I'm getting ready to head out for the day and will check this post tonight.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #623
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Lets do the ridge between the Snake and Salmon. I'll meet you at the Dynamart at 8:00.

Anyone else interested?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #624
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Lets meet at Gibbs Eddy instead. I hate riding 95. We can ride 12 to Greer and then take the old Greer Grade to Nez Perce.

Why don't you cruise by the Dynamart at 8:00 to see if anyone is there and I'll meet you at Gibbs Eddy about 8:15.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #625
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=sorebutt;22020185]Lets meet at Gibbs Eddy instead. I hate riding 95. We can ride 12 to Greer and then take the old Greer Grade to Nez Perce.

Why don't you cruise by the Dynamart at 8:00 to see if anyone is there and I'll meet you at Gibbs Eddy about 8:15.[/QUOT

Okay, I'll see you around 8:15
Old 08-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #626
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

We might also consider going over Freeze Out to Avery. We can decide when you get there and we can go either direction.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #627
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
You guys have a great time and be sure to take a little time to enjoy the flower and take pictures.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #628
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday's Ride

Since March we have trying to get out every week on Saturday or Sunday for an adventure ride. Sunday's ride I believe was the best so far this year with spectacular views of the Snake and Salmon River Gorges. It felt like we were just a stones throw from the Seven Devils, Buffalo Hump and Gospels The ride was 300+ miles and 12+ hours in the saddle and well worth it. We rode a lot dirt and gravel and some pavement riding Idaho's back country. We also didn't really run across anyone in our travels. The weather on top was cool and with the recent rain the dust was minimum. I took several pictures but they don't really do justice to the beautiful scenery. Very grateful for this beautiful area of the country that we live in. Thanks Sorebutt for the great ride.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #629
LevelingLeo
n00b

Oddometer: 7
First Post

First time post but I've been watching and learning a lot from you guys about adventure riding in our area. We're you riding Joseph Plains? Did that route a month ago and it was gorgeous country. Spent Saturday riding the Elk City Wagon Road, where my great grandad used to hall freight, and it was perfect temp and no dust with the recent rains.
Hope to hook up with you guys one of these days so I can put faces to names and take in a few rides. Graduated my twins this year from high school so will need some fun to replace all those ball games I'll be missing.
I'll try to post some pics soon but one thing at a time!
LevelingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #630
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

No where else can you ride the 2 deepest cayons on the continent in one day. It was really beautiful. It will be hard to top that ride.