ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #706
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,953
Yes, finally got out last weekend on the GS. Just did an alley ride around Lewiston for about an hour. Had the Gerbings heated coat on so there wasn't any warmth issue. Lots of fun stuff to see in the alleys, dirt, dogs ready to chase you, old cars, etc.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #707
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Happy New Year to everyone..... havent been on here for a bit. Hope everyone survived the holidays and had safe and happy ones. Its a new year and we are on the downhill slide to spring.... Hell with this weather here in the Palouse,,, i keep lookin at the KLX and thinkin its time to ride....
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #708
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post
I got the little DR out last weekend and rode around for about an hour. When I left the house, it was just to run to the post office to get the mail. But I couldn't help myself, I really wanted to ride so I just kind of wandered around. Looped town, explored the cemetery, took some back rodes. It was freezing cold and I couldn't feel my hands or feet when I got off the bike, but it was a blast. Almost got it stuck because the tires on it are not that aggressive and it was slippery in the muddy areas and it didn't want to go up a hill. I think I will probably have to put new tires on it this year with some better grip. I'm sure that they are the original tires from about 1999 or so.

Anyway, that was my first ride of 2014. Anybody else been out yet?

Where ya at Monza? It might be worthy of getting together .... It might be a lil early for Squirrel66 to get out and about,,, I will have to chat with her about some early spring (still winter) riding..... Otherwise let me know maybe TheTourist and I can get together for a "cool" ride...
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #709
Idarider
R1200GS

Truck down to Lewiston and spend the day riding in the relative warmth. Lots of routes where you can stay low and stay warm.

thetourist has done it before but the ride home had to be a cold one.

I am sure thetourist has told the story of the "lady" who wanted us to tow out her F250 crew cab with our DR350. That was classic winter riding with a little soap opera thrown in.

My riding has been minimal and got a little less with flu that peaked on Monday at 103 F .

A small cargo trailer parked in my yard would easily hold 4 bikes or more and I have a safe spot to park if someone from the palouse or further north is interested in parking until spring. PM me if interested.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #710
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I just got back to Yuma today after bowhunting javalina and riding my ATV in the mountains. It was 80 degrees in Yuma today. It has been a little cool in the mornings, but has been in the 70's in the mountains. I rode 55 miles yesterday on some really rough roads in some beautiful country. I explored several old mining sites.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #711
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I just got back to Yuma today after bowhunting javalina and riding my ATV in the mountains. It was 80 degrees in Yuma today. It has been a little cool in the mornings, but has been in the 70's in the mountains. I rode 55 miles yesterday on some really rough roads in some beautiful country. I explored several old mining sites.
Glad you are getting out and having some fun shooting those ugly rats. Part of the reason my knees are bad is from looking for crystals and gold so I would enjoy the mine exploring too.

I think we will all still refer you back to posts # 699-700 also
Old 01-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #712
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman64 View Post
Where ya at Monza? It might be worthy of getting together .... It might be a lil early for Squirrel66 to get out and about,,, I will have to chat with her about some early spring (still winter) riding..... Otherwise let me know maybe TheTourist and I can get together for a "cool" ride...
Right in Palouse. I don't get out much. I struggle with going on group rides, usually timing is never very good for me. I usually just do the solo thing because I don't have to be on a schedule that way. I do watch the thread for rides. One of these days I am hoping to make one. I am usually dragged out of town the days you guys are out playing and not able to go with you.

Tried taking a bike to work this week. Wow, it is still cold at 6:30 in the morning. The roads were way to frosty and I didn't even get out of town. Made it downtown, but that is as far as I went. Turned around and went back home to get the truck. I was glad I didn't try it, the highway was still frosty.

75monza screwed with this post 01-17-2014 at 07:44 AM
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #713
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Spring time yet?

Thinking about bundling up and going riding this weekend. Probably head down to somewhere around the hells canyon area, I think that will be the best bet to avoid the snow and finding some good gravel/dirt. If anyone is interested, let me know. Sat or Sun.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #714
Idarider
R1200GS

Anyone getting out riding this weekend if it warms up by then?
Old 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #715
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,866
Come on up. I'll buy you a cuppa.

thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #716
Idarider
R1200GS

I just found out last weekend that the Breakfast Club in Moscow has Red Velvet pancakes. Phyllis had them and I got to try them, very good.

We will be back soon.

I just saw the forcast and 30 with snow on Saturday means i won't be riding this weekend.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #717
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
I just found out last weekend that the Breakfast Club in Moscow has Red Velvet pancakes. Phyllis had them and I got to try them, very good.

We will be back soon.

I just saw the forcast and 30 with snow on Saturday means i won't be riding this weekend.
The Breakfast Club has wonderful food and great service... Squirrel66 and I went there a week or so ago..... definately was not dissapointed..
Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #718
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
Come on up. I'll buy you a cuppa.

OMG,,,, I think I had that same winter snow suit when i was a lil scamper!!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #719
Squirrel66
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman64 View Post
OMG,,,, I think I had that same winter snow suit when i was a lil scamper!!!!
Baby, that color probably looked great on you
Squirrel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #720
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel66 View Post
Baby, that color probably looked great on you
Yes,,,,, But mine completed the ensemble with the "mittens with strings"