ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #721
Squirrel66
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman64 View Post
Yes,,,,, But mine completed the ensemble with the "mittens with strings"
I just want to know....did THETOURIST volunteer to help you dress back then?
Squirrel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #722
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel66 View Post
I just want to know....did THETOURIST volunteer to help you dress back then?
No.... that would have been our mom dressin me like that... TheTourist was out somewhere riding the "Steens" 100,, otherwise a Hodaka.... somewhere out in the bitter cold....
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #723
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Today's Winter Ride

We got off work early today so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and run up to Joseph Creek on the GS. 64 degrees and sunny as I passed Buffalo Eddy and further up 44 and raining hard at the mouth of the Grande Ronde. Decided to head back toward the valley and couldn't pass up a run up the Asotin Grade. Then headed out on the Peola Road until I reached the Pioneer Cemetery and it was blowing hard, 36 degrees, and spitting snow. There was a snow storm headed my way out of the Blue's so decided to run down along the river down to Wawawai. 52 degrees with gusty winds along the way. About now the hot tub was sounding good so headed for home.

Besides my throttle hand going numb and cramps in both hips from not riding for three months, it was a fun first ride of the season.

I rode a few gravel roads along the way and they are soft and muddy.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #724
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 294
Rub it in......

I got another 2" of snow this morning at my place. Even if I got out, I'd never get back in.

"If I knew where I was, I wouldn't know where I was going!" ODDA
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #725
BronsonRock
Banned

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad View Post
I got another 2" of snow this morning at my place. Even if I got out, I'd never get back in.
+1,000,000

Want to get out SO bad but still staring down my access road to my house up here at 2700' near CDA.

BronsonRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #726
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
We got off work early today so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and run up to Joseph Creek on the GS. 64 degrees and sunny as I passed Buffalo Eddy and further up 44 and raining hard at the mouth of the Grande Ronde. Decided to head back toward the valley and couldn't pass up a run up the Asotin Grade. Then headed out on the Peola Road until I reached the Pioneer Cemetery and it was blowing hard, 36 degrees, and spitting snow. There was a snow storm headed my way out of the Blue's so decided to run down along the river down to Wawawai. 52 degrees with gusty winds along the way. About now the hot tub was sounding good so headed for home.

Besides my throttle hand going numb and cramps in both hips from not riding for three months, it was a fun first ride of the season.

I rode a few gravel roads along the way and they are soft and muddy.
Was it slimy?

Nice to see you got out for a good ride.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #727
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 294
[QUOTE=BronsonRock;23470206]+1,000,000

Want to get out SO bad but still staring down my access road to my house up here at 2700' near CDA.

3,000+ here, but I plow my driveway. It's over half a mile in to my place and that far again to my back neighbor. We tag team on plowing, so it's not that bad really. We've got more money tied up in plow equipment than most our other toys. We always work together and try to make the most out of it.

"If I knew where I was, I wouldn't know where I was going!" ODDA
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #728
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
I've been tempted to go have some fun on the gravel roads around the Palouse. Was up on Moscow Mtn to day with a truck and trailer, the snow melt and rain have defiantly made the roads soft.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #729
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
All the roads in the area are a soft mess with the rains we have had,,,, and with temps hoverin in the the low 40s ,,, and into the 30s at nite... might be a bit before we can really get out and have some fun..
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #730
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
On Sat I rode back/gravel roads along the west side of Moscow mtn up to Potlatch and back. Weather was fine going up, when I got to Potlatch it started to rain. I did get a few funny looks, but on the plus side the rain washed all the mud off my bike by the time I got home. Good cold/wet weather gear is definitely a good investment, just need to do a waterproof treatment to my gloves.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #731
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,562
I just thought you guys would like to know it was 89 degrees Sat. in Arizona. It was actually too hot to hunt. I'm near Sedona right now and it was only 78 degrees today. I'm going to have to put up with upper 70 degree weather for the next week.

I'm heading home in a week or so. I'm hoping the weather there improves by mid march so I can ride when I get home. The atv isn't as much fun as the motorcycle.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #732
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I just thought you guys would like to know it was 89 degrees Sat. in Arizona. It was actually too hot to hunt. I'm near Sedona right now and it was only 78 degrees today. I'm going to have to put up with upper 70 degree weather for the next week.

I'm heading home in a week or so. I'm hoping the weather there improves by mid march so I can ride when I get home. The atv isn't as much fun as the motorcycle.
What were you hunting? Quail ? Those deer with the tiny horns?

Next time take a motorcycle too .

I am going to go for a day long ride in the next few weeks if my back and the weather cooperate.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #733
BronsonRock
Banned

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post

I am going to go for a day long ride in the next few weeks if my back and the weather cooperate.
Jackalope...

BronsonRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #734
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,930
Chip the ice off your bike and come down and ride in the warmth ( 40+) , we have lots of those things that you can shoot and take back north and make jerky out of . A few ghost peppers to mask the taste of course.
It really was 60 at my house the other day though, spring is here, I always like to ride up to Joseph creek this time of year , if the weather cooperates I will try it this weekend.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #735
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post

I was hunting javalina. I shot one last month during the archery season. Then I thought I'd try one with my hand gun in that hunt. I'm a lot better with the bow. One day I got into a group of 10. I emptied my 44 mag, reloaded and emptied it again. They just ran all around and laughed at me.

I don't have much room for the motorcycle with the atv and all the things I need for a few months on the road. I flew from here to Florida to visit my brother for Christmas. I went snorkeling with the manatee and kayaked with alligators while there.

I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote