ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #766
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Starting to look at the calendar for the riding season. Anyone interested in the Black Dog?

It looks like it fits in my schedule. The big question I guess will be to ride there or play it safe and trailer the bike just in case I break something, me or the bike.
Here's the link: http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/bd_events.htm
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #767
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I can't believe you went riding today rather than yesterday.

I've had years when I couldn't make it to the top until June. Snow pack on the clearwater is 123% of normal. Most of the snow is pretty high.

I would have preferred Saturday but I had a commitment in Spokane. Eric has been fishing above Pittsburgh Landing and said he was surprised how fast the snow has left the canyon and only visible near the top.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #768
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout99 View Post
Starting to look at the calendar for the riding season. Anyone interested in the Black Dog?

It looks like it fits in my schedule. The big question I guess will be to ride there or play it safe and trailer the bike just in case I break something, me or the bike.
Here's the link: http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/bd_events.htm

I thought about it, but in conflicts with the Wallowa ride. I'm going over with my travel trailer that Sunday and am spending the week riding.

I went to the Black Dog ride a couple of years ago when it was out of Sandpoint. It was a good ride.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #769
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,517
The Black Dog out of Sandpoint is a vendor this Black Dog is the long standing AMA dual sport event. Two very different events, both fun I'm sure, but different. The first caters to KTMs the second is all sorts of riff raff (my type of place).

I'm headed to Black Dog for the weekend then headed to Enterprise Sunday evening for the Jamboree.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #770
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I didn't read the flier. I just saw Black Dog. I'm not sure I have the time to do both the rides.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #771
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Just do the same thing I'm doing - Go to Black Dog Fri. ride Sat. and maybe Sunday morning then head to Enterprise. Easy Peasy Although that does add a few miles to your trip.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #772
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Just do the same thing I'm doing - Go to Black Dog Fri. ride Sat. and maybe Sunday morning then head to Enterprise. Easy Peasy Although that does add a few miles to your trip.
I guess that does make sense. Are you going to do the AA ride with me?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #773
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Mtseeker and I are planning a ride Sun. We are talking about Elk City. Anyone else interested?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #774
Spokan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Has anyone stopped by that new Motorsports shop in Palouse? If so what crowd do they cater to?
KTM 640A
Spokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:49 AM   #775
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I guess that does make sense. Are you going to do the AA ride with me?
I think I'll pass on that idea but thanks for the invite.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #776
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Yes. I've been in twice to poke around. Really nice guy and fun to talk too. I was there over 30 minutes once just talking with him. He let me see what he was working on in the back. He had a partner, but the partner sort of backed out on him.

Believe it or not he is really more of a snowmobile shop. He can also hook you up with a snowbike kit (track kit) for your dirtbike. He knows a lot about sleds and the snowbikes. They have been here for a couple of years now. From what I recall, they were mainly an online company that sort of got asked to setup a store front.

He doesn't have a tire machine but he does have levers. He has a bunch of basics like fuel line and oil. Kind of this and that. He said that he could probably order some things if somebody wanted something in particular. Mainly the only bike things he really has are the things that will also work with a snowmobile.

Doesn't hurt to stop in to ask about what you need and talk with him. He might be able to help you or he might direct you somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokan View Post
Has anyone stopped by that new Motorsports shop in Palouse? If so what crowd do they cater to?
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #777
KlodHopper
Banned

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post
Yes. I've been in twice to poke around. Really nice guy and fun to talk too. I was there over 30 minutes once just talking with him. He let me see what he was working on in the back. He had a partner, but the partner sort of backed out on him.

Believe it or not he is really more of a snowmobile shop. He can also hook you up with a snowbike kit (track kit) for your dirtbike. He knows a lot about sleds and the snowbikes. They have been here for a couple of years now. From what I recall, they were mainly an online company that sort of got asked to setup a store front.

He doesn't have a tire machine but he does have levers. He has a bunch of basics like fuel line and oil. Kind of this and that. He said that he could probably order some things if somebody wanted something in particular. Mainly the only bike things he really has are the things that will also work with a snowmobile.

Doesn't hurt to stop in to ask about what you need and talk with him. He might be able to help you or he might direct you somewhere else.

So not exactly this then?

KlodHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #778
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Gas tanks not showing up until Monday for the KLR, tried to patch the old one, no luck. Guess I'll drive up and check out the Spokane motorcycle show.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #779
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Sorebutt an I had a great ride to Red River and then dropped down to Elk City for lunch. Stopped in Grangeville for a few minutes to see my grandkids and then home via Nezperce and Gifford. Wouldn't have made it without our heated gear.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #780
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Dang, look how clean Sorebutt is, he must have been behaving himself for a change.

Glad you guys had a good ride.