ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #781
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
Sorebutt an I had a great ride to Red River and then dropped down to Elk City for lunch. Stopped in Grangeville for a few minutes to see my grandkids and then home via Nezperce and Gifford. Wouldn't have made it without our heated gear.

Restlessrider and I went for a ride to Pierce today too, got a bunch more of my electrical work done, had lunch there and went over to Dent bridge and turned around there. Did some shooting with a variety of things , built a fire . Only fur wheels between us too. Four doors too. Had lots of tools and toys to pack.
The Pioneer Inn across from the grocery store in Pierce has a good burger, nice clean restuarant.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #782
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Dang, look how clean Sorebutt is, he must have been behaving himself for a change.

Glad you guys had a good ride.
That is what happens when you stay on pavement. We might get a little muddy next weekend.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #783
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

The weather is looking good for the weekend. Anyone interested in a ride?

It is spring in the valley. I have to mow the lawn tomorrow and we have flowers up.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #784
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post

It is spring in the valley. I have to mow the lawn tomorrow and we have flowers up.
I should be good to ride, got my new tank, still have to test it out and finish up a couple other things so it's not definite. If some people are going to meet up Sat or Sun please post on here so I can join up if possible.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #785
SnakeBreak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout99 View Post
I should be good to ride, got my new tank, still have to test it out and finish up a couple other things so it's not definite. If some people are going to meet up Sat or Sun please post on here so I can join up if possible.
I may be able to go Sunday (Wife dependent). Since I am in Pullman I could come over to Moscow and ride down with you if you decide to go.
SnakeBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #786
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:

Mowed mine today, was supposed to on Sunday but needed to charge up the battery.

I still need to do electrical work in Pierce but am at the point that I could pack the tools on the bike ( R12) . So that will probably be my ride this weekend, up greer , maybe on Saturday afternoon if the weather is good and down Grangemonte on Sunday.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #787
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:

I would be interested in riding Sunday. I'll be watching the grandkids all day Saturday. where you thinking about riding?
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #788
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Sunday works for me. I went to town yesterday and could still see a lot of new snow in the Blues. I suspect that is the same in most places out of the valleys.

I was thinking about Lolo Pass. The road should be clear and it is beautiful this time of year with all the snow. There is 100" on the pass.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #789
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Sunday works for me. I went to town yesterday and could still see a lot of new snow in the Blues. I suspect that is the same in most places out of the valleys.

I was thinking about Lolo Pass. The road should be clear and it is beautiful this time of year with all the snow. There is 100" on the pass.
If my high school worker can't work Saturday or Sunday I will ride along at least as far as Greer, though I could do the pass then peel off and get a couple of hours done inPIerce.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #790
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Sunday sounds good, looks like it might be a couple degrees warmer.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #791
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

How about meeting at the Dynomart in north Lewiston at 9:00am and lunch at Powell?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #792
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Lunch at Powell sounds good. I'll meet you guys just across the Arrow Bridge. They are having a gold miners gathering at Gibbs Eddy. They are panning and dredging for gold. All the parking area is full.

How about I meet you guys at 8:30.

Bring your long underwear and electric jacket. It was 27 degrees at my house this morning.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #793
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I didn't see your 9:00 meeting. I'll meet you guys at about 9:15.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #794
Idarider
R1200GS

Plowing snow today

I did most of my work in Pierce today so I may go if my arms don't fall off.

I got my first experience in plowing snow with a four wheeler, trying to clean off some of my lot in Pierce, cut about 2' x 20' x40' off and pushed it across the street to melt there in a big puddle. The neighborhood kids were using their four wheelers on the puddle, making a big mess and having a great time getting muddy, more of a mud bog than puddle by the time they were done. They loved the tons of snow I kept pushing into their bog.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #795
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Our destination was Lookout Pass today and the forecast called for the wintery weather to stay on the Montana side of the border. We didn't get very far past Lowell and you could see it snowing in the high country and by the time we reach Fish Creek it was spitting snow and 34 degrees. The road was wet and lots of snow along the banks. A few miles past Powell it was snowing harder, road still wet and the temperature had dropped to 31 degrees. Still about 6 miles and 500' of elevation to climb. Riding tail I passed Restlessrider and sorbutt and found a place to pull off the road. Sorebutt pulled up and I yelled " this could get ugly" he agreed and we headed back to Powell and the Locksa Lodge. Pulling down into the lodge we experienced our first snow packed road. Riding lead I made it with no mishap, Restlessrider wasn't as lucky and did a 180 in the road and fell and was blocking traffic. Seemed to only hurt his pride and the biggest mishap was sorebutt didnt have a camera to capture the event. The food at the Lodge was a bit pricy but the atmosphere and good company made up for it. We joked about trying the pass again after lunch but it was getting late and I don't think anyone was serious. On the way back down the river I thought about what a lucky man I am to have my good health, partial mind, and good riding friends in my life. Very grateful I am.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk