ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #811
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I've never heard of West Lake so I guess I'll follow you. I dropped a tooth on my front sprocket and curious how the bike will run. MPG will probability down a bit and maybe 1st gear will be useable.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #812
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,672
Westlake isn't there any more. We went through there last year. It is where we made a corner with some farm house near there. It is a little way from where we went around the back side of the butte.

I dropped a tooth also and haven't ridden it since. I did run at 4000 rpm at 60. That is 60 by my gps. I'm guessing it will rise by 500 rpm, but we will see Sun. It will be much better off pavement.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #813
sethc06
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Alright I have to go. It'll be long johns and jeans on the legs, but I gotta get out! I guess I have some old leather chaps as a worst case. What time and location are you thinking for the departure Sunday?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #814
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday's Ride

We will probably wait and see if anyone from the palouse is coming down before we decide on a time and meeting place for Sunday's ride. Hey IdaRider and RestlessRider why don't you guys join us Sunday? Along with Zaptoad, SnakeBrake, avodudel, 75 Monza, glasman64, Bronson Rock, Mr.Vintage, Spokan, levelingLeo, and others that I may have missed that post on the Palouse Riders forum. If you can't make it this weekend lets make it another day this summer?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #815
Spokan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Smoothing Iron

I went up Smoothing Iron on Wednesday. It is passable until you get to the first set of trees inside the Forest Service then drifted shut. There does not look to be a ton of snow pack so here's to an early openning to the mountain road.

I can't make Sunday (or most weekends) due to work.
KTM 640A
Spokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #816
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Spokan;23852411]I went up Smoothing Iron on Wednesday. It is passable until you get to the first set of trees inside the Forest Service then drifted shut. There does not look to be a ton of snow pack so here's to an early openning to the mountain road.

I know tha place. I've been stuck there more than once trying to get through it.

How about meeting at the Dynomart. We can ride out Lindsey Creek and catch the canal road down to Web Creek. Then take the hwy to Culdesac.

I talked to Sethc06 tonight and he is going to meet us at Culdesac. We just need to figure a time. Seth said that we can get through from Winchester.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #817
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokan View Post
I went up Smoothing Iron on Wednesday. It is passable until you get to the first set of trees inside the Forest Service then drifted shut. There does not look to be a ton of snow pack so here's to an early openning to the mountain road.

I can't make Sunday (or most weekends) due to work.
Chuck and a bunch of the guys ( retired ) that meet at Mac's do weekday rides all of the time.

sorebutt I am very tempted to come out and play on Sunday instead of work around the house.

I get to look at the Blues any time I turn away from my computer screen, see where the snow line is, watch the storms coming over the top and down Asotin creek. I have been up to that first drift on Smoothing Iron so many times, like you say, just into the timber, just at the far side of Black Canyon.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #818
sethc06
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I made a phone call to my brother in law, who was up on Joseph about a week ago on his rzr. He said it's the road is bare up there. That leg should be good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #819
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

sorebutt I am very tempted to come out and play on Sunday instead of work around the house.

I bet when you are old and sitting in a rocking chair you won't be wishing that you spent more time cleaning your garage. Life is short, enjoy it.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #820
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
This weekend.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post

I bet when you are old and sitting in a rocking chair you won't be wishing that you spent more time cleaning your garage. Life is short, enjoy it.

Now you're starting to make ME feel bad about trying to get work done around the place........

"If I knew where I was, I wouldn't know where I was going!" ODDA
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #821
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokan View Post
How about meeting at the Dynomart. We can ride out Lindsey Creek and catch the canal road down to Web Creek. Then take the hwy to Culdesac.

I talked to Sethc06 tonight and he is going to meet us at Culdesac. We just need to figure a time. Seth said that we can get through from Winchester.
I'm in!

DoubleThumper screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 03:36 PM
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #822
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

We will post the offcial time and meeting places tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #823
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 248
Sorry guys, by the way most of you "Palouse Rider" guys know me ....... I've been lurking on ADVrider and meaning to sign up for years now and today I did!

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS V2.3
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #824
BigAls
oldinidaho

Oddometer: 167
I'm here

Finally got myself logged back in and found you folks. If you guys are riding Waha tomorrow and will be going out Snake River Road into Tammany let me know what time. I might just catch you going by the radio station and tag along.
AB
Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #825
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls View Post
Finally got myself logged back in and found you folks. If you guys are riding Waha tomorrow and will be going out Snake River Road into Tammany let me know what time. I might just catch you going by the radio station and tag along.
AB

BigAls
We won't be going by the radio station so you need to meet us at the Dynomart at the bottom of the old spiral hiway at 8:30am Sunday.
See ya there.