ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #826
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad View Post
Now you're starting to make ME feel bad about trying to get work done around the place........
Hope you got your work done and can join us at 8:30 Sunday at the Dynomart at the bottom of the old spiral hiway.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #827
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Sunday's Ride

Looks like were headed for Grave's Creek, Joseph Plains, and Pittsburgh Landing tomorrow. Meeting at the Dynomart at the bottom of the old spiral hiway at 8:30. Hope you can still make it Double Thumper and Sethc06 and all other ADV riders from the palouse forum.

Five of us ran up Joseph Creek and Horse Creek until we hit snow today. It was a great trip. We will see some beautiful scenery tomorrow. Hope to see there.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #828
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
The report I got from the F&G is the roads in Waha still are snowed covered so we are going to do the old Winchester grade and then catch a back road to Keuterville.

Meet us at the Dynamart in North Lewiston at 8:30
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #829
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,953
A good meeting at Mac's Cycle today, lots of good conversation surrounded by new bikes.

sorebutt convinced me to go for a ride and we went up Joseph Creek.
Joseph Creek had blew out its channel a couple of weeks ago but the road was in good shape, which means you can still break a wheel or arm easily on the upper part of the road. Whacked my skid plate hard once when I quit paying attention for a few seconds.

Some pictures

restlessrider

Mtnseker

sorebutt

idabeemerboy was a little hard to get a picture of but he was there.

snack break along the Snake on the way home.

Several of them, Mtnseker and sorebutt at least, are going to do Pittsburgh Landing tomorrow. The will be as close to an Epic ride as you can get in a single day.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #830
sethc06
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I'll just meet you guys at the old smoke shop in Culdesac. Dont know how long it will take you guys to get rounded up and out of Lewiston. Just let me know what time you want me in Culdesac. I wish my new seat was here...or I will by the end of tomorow, the stock one is constructed from a 2x4 I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #831
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc06 View Post
I'll just meet you guys at the old smoke shop in Culdesac. Dont know how long it will take you guys to get rounded up and out of Lewiston. Just let me know what time you want me in Culdesac. I wish my new seat was here...or I will by the end of tomorow, the stock one is constructed from a 2x4 I believe.

I'm guessing it will take us about half an hour to get there. We plan on leaving at 8:30. We will wait there for you if we are first.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #832
sethc06
Adventurer

Deal. Be there at 9 at the latest.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #833
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 234
Just got back from the MS Walk Adventure we did today. Glad you guys had a good meeting and great ride! I’m still in for 8:30 Sunday for sure!

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #834
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc06 View Post
I wish my new seat was here...or I will by the end of tomorow, the stock one is constructed from a 2x4 I believe.
No ……. I heard it’s made from an old metal tractor seat.

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #835
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

That is an insult to tractor seats.

Nice pictures Roy. But then again you had great subjects.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #836
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
That is an insult to tractor seats.

Nice pictures Roy. But then again you had great subjects.
Yes I did actually. Good smiles always help. Tom was too quick for me. Next time.

My help conked out for tomorrow. Going to take a car load of women shooting tomorrow , instead of riding. Tough job.

If anyone has someone who could use some work, and works hard, I can use some help .

I will be at Pierce next weekend if anyone wants to swing by for lunch or stay the night even, let me know.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #837
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

That sounds like a dangerous job. You better wear body armor.

It does hurt my feelings that you turned us down to shoot with a bunch of women.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #838
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Joseph Creek 2014: It was a great ride today. My first off road ride of the year, a bit nervous in the beginning but that wore off as the ride went along. I did a total of 220 miles today. I went into Mac's cycle towards the end of the meeting in the morning, hoping to just chat with a few folks and ride back home. But was pleasantly surprised when Mtnseeker, Sorebutt, Idarider and Idabeemerboy had already made plans for a post-meeting ride to Joseph Creek.

After leaving Mac's we headed straight to Asotin and fueled up. Then we took the Snake river road which gently winds along the river. The road is paved for about 20 miles, after which it turns into a hard pack road with a little bit of gravel on top. There are a few ranches on the side of the road and it passes through some small communities. After about 10 miles or so the gravel road turns into a bit of a rocky trail which starts to climb. We went in about 15 miles until we hit some snow drifts.

On the way back home, I took the scenic route, the Wawawai river road. I was getting bored with taking hwy 195 back and hence decided to take the longer Wawawai route. The canyons were a beautiful green colour and the road was in excellent shape with hardly any traffic. The road runs along the river for about 25 miles before it veers off and climbs up to the Palouse. It was considerably more windy and cooler than the LC valley, mid 40s I think. I highly recommend this road for anyone who is into sport touring or cruising. I reached home before 4PM, tired but satisfied after a splendid day of motorcycling and camaraderie with my fellow riders. Some pictures from the day.

Sorebutt and Idabeemerboy:
[/URL]

Idarider:
[/URL]

Mtnseeker:
[/URL]

[/URL]

Idarider and Sorebutt:
[/URL]

Mtnseeker:
[/URL]
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #839
sethc06
Adventurer

Talking Das Landing

Did a little mapping, this should keep us out of the snow, the only iffy part will be closer to Soldier's Meadow, but worst case we can quickly sideskirt it with one of the other 10 backroads out there. Should be a hell of a ride out there.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=cu...ra=ls&t=m&z=10
Old 04-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #840
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

We pretty much have it figured out how to get there. Now, how are we going to get back?

I see blue sky to the west at 6:00 am. We should have a good day.