ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #106
wadel
Not n00b

Oddometer: 100
I have to run to Lewiston in the morning but want to hit some dirt on the way home. I'm thinking of going up the Coyote grade road and heading to the east. Any suggestions on roads that I should check out? I have time and will just be out rambling around so any suggestions will appreciated.

The first commandment for every good explorer is that an expedition has two points: the point of departure and the point of arrival. If you intention is to make the second theoretical point coincide with the actual point of arrival, don't think about the means - because the journey is a virtual space that finishes when it finishes, and there are as many means as there are different ways of "finishing." That is to say, the means are endless.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #107
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 844
So Wade, did you take any pictures? Wheredidyago?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #108
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Any more interest on the ride to Joseph Saturday? The weather looks promising, and it looks like Dillon from Spokane will be joining us too.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #109
wadel
Not n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vintage
So Wade, did you take any pictures? Wheredidyago?
I had to go to Lewiston and on the way home went up Coyote Gulch, made my way to Genesee. By the time I got to Julietta then rain had started so I headed home. It wasn't supposed to rain so early

The first commandment for every good explorer is that an expedition has two points: the point of departure and the point of arrival. If you intention is to make the second theoretical point coincide with the actual point of arrival, don't think about the means - because the journey is a virtual space that finishes when it finishes, and there are as many means as there are different ways of "finishing." That is to say, the means are endless.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #110
wadel
Not n00b

Quote:
Any more interest on the ride to Joseph Saturday? The weather looks promising, and it looks like Dillon from Spokane will be joining us too.
I'm interested. I think I'm going camping in the Blues Friday night so I'll be meeting you somewhere (Boggan's?). What are the plans?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #111
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadel
I'm interested. I think I'm going camping in the Blues Friday night so I'll be meeting you somewhere (Boggan's?). What are the plans?
We're leaving Uniontown at 8:30, so I suppose it would be 9:30-10 before we got to Boggans. Do you know where in the Blues you'll be? We're flexible...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #112
wadel
Not n00b

Quote:
We're leaving Uniontown at 8:30, so I suppose it would be 9:30-10 before we got to Boggans. Do you know where in the Blues you'll be? We're flexible...
We're staying at Panjab. Is the plan to take paved roads there and dirt/gravel on the way back?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #113
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadel
We're staying at Panjab. Is the plan to take paved roads there and dirt/gravel on the way back?
That's the plan. We could meet up anywhere, let us know.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #114
wadel
Not n00b

Quote:
That's the plan. We could meet up anywhere, let us know.
I'll look at some maps tonight and try to determine the best way to get from A to B. Anyone familiar with the area and have suggestions?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #115
Salmon River Thumper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Might Join You Boys!

Hey I might be able to meet you fellas somewhere as well. Not sure I will go all the way with you, but as far as Flora, OR. My inlaws live there and I have a few things to do. I might even manage to catch you on the way back! What time do you think you would be in Asotin?
Salmon River Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #116
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon River Thumper
Hey I might be able to meet you fellas somewhere as well. Not sure I will go all the way with you, but as far as Flora, OR. My inlaws live there and I have a few things to do. I might even manage to catch you on the way back! What time do you think you would be in Asotin?
Good deal. I figured a gas stop was in order at the station in Asotin, and we'lll probably be there around 9:00am. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Katoom.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #117
wadel
Not n00b

I've got about a 60 mile ride to Asotin (not knowing road and snow conditions in the high country, I'll stick to the known). I'll meet you in Asotin then at 9:00. Guess I better take it easy Friday night...not easy when camping. Jeff: Can you PM me your cell number and I'll send you mine? Just in case there are problems I don't want you standing around waiting.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #118
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

See y'all tomorrow morning....
Old 05-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #119
wadel
Not n00b

That was an awesome ride! A little over 300 miles and I am wiped out....takes a lot of work trying to keep up with Mr. Vintage. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #120
IsettaBob
Isetta loving fool

Oddometer: 10
I posted a ride report of Saturdays ride to Joseph. Check it out: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462830
IsettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote