ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #121
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 4,039
I'm off to Grangeville tomorrow. Exploring the Gville-Salmon road. Maybe come out at Riggins.

Leaving the A&W in Moscow at 8:00 am

Breakfast in Uniontown or Rustys in Lewiston.

Anyone want to come along?

thetourist screwed with this post 05-16-2009 at 06:19 AM
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:20 AM   #122
thetourist
Just passing thru

Looks like a gorgeous day dawning.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #123
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Oddometer: 67
I agree

I would like to go on the ride but I won't be able to leave until around 9:30. What route are you going to take? I'll try to catch up with you. I have been anxious to go on a ride for some time now but because of preparing for finals I wasn't able to.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #124
thetourist
Just passing thru

If I do a leisurly bkfast and some poking around at Cottonwood, I should be in Grangville 11:30 - 12:00.

I'll be at the big grangville jnct gas station at noon. That should give you time to catch up.

If you are late, the Grangeville-Salmon road leaves straight south out of Gville.

Left into Gville...thru town....At the chain saw shop/USFS bldg, rt toward Mt Idaho, then straight at the outdoor theater.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #125
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

I couldn't find you

I showed up at 12:30 PM and went towards Mt. Idaho. When I arrived at the river I thought that I had gone the wrong way and then turned around and went back to the outside theater and then went towards the ski hill. I drove until I couldn't go any further due to snow covering the road. At that point I bumped into someone who told me that I had gone the right way the first time. I turned around and went back to the river and got there at about 2:15. Not knowing whether you went to Kamiah or Elk City I decided to go to Elk City. There I stopped at a local cafe and had a bite to eat. I arrived back at the house around 5:50. Sorry I missed you but I hope you had a great ride.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #126
wadel
Not n00b

Oddometer: 100
I went for a ride on my harley today (2-up so the DR isn't a good choice). I stopped in Kendrick for lunch and saw a guy leaving that hopped on a Transalp...anyone on here?

It was a great day for a ride. Even got in some gravel on my harley. Took the Genesee/Juliaetta rode down.

The first commandment for every good explorer is that an expedition has two points: the point of departure and the point of arrival. If you intention is to make the second theoretical point coincide with the actual point of arrival, don't think about the means - because the journey is a virtual space that finishes when it finishes, and there are as many means as there are different ways of "finishing." That is to say, the means are endless.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #127
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Could have been the tourist

The Tourist rides a gray transalp. Was he wearing a gray and yellow BMW jacket?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #128
wadel
Not n00b

Oddometer: 100
I didn't notice the jacket but it was a white with the blue & red decals. Not to be rude, but it was a bigger guy.

The first commandment for every good explorer is that an expedition has two points: the point of departure and the point of arrival. If you intention is to make the second theoretical point coincide with the actual point of arrival, don't think about the means - because the journey is a virtual space that finishes when it finishes, and there are as many means as there are different ways of "finishing." That is to say, the means are endless.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #129
thetourist
Just passing thru

I just got home. What a grind in the dark. I saw no deer, but was clenched all the way from Cottonwood.

It appears we passed each other. At noon I went up the road to the snow and fought it for a couple miles, then turned around. Probably 12:45 when I came out. If you headed toward Mount Idaho and were on your way back. We might have seen each other, but I turned west, near the theater, as I came out.

I rode to Whitebird then Pittsburg Landing and back to Cottonwood before I hit 95 again. 100+ miles of forest road and twisty pavement. Lots of Elevation. I'm beat.

That is a great ride up to Elk City, so I know you had a good day also.

Time for some grits and a nap.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #130
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,985
Weeds

I got to pull a bunch of weeds today.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #131
thetourist
Just passing thru

I did a ride report.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #132
mattawa88
It's all about the Ride!

Oddometer: 194
I haven't been on here in a while.
I live in Orofino, don't have as much time to ride as I'd like.
Still managed to get 45,000 miles so far on two differnt KTM 950's
Beautiful day, gonna leave in about an hour to look at some jobs, probably ride Orofino- Cavendish- Elk River maybe throw in Deary and Kendrick.
If any of you guys get down to Orofino look me up.
'06 KTM950 Adventure
KTM 576 SX

mattawa88 screwed with this post 05-18-2009 at 10:37 PM
mattawa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #133
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Sunday Ride

It has been a while since I have had time to get on here and after I do some chores this morning I have the rest of the day to relax and ride. I don't have a specific destination in mind yet but would like to know if anyone else would like to go riding today? I haven't ever been up to Avery to I so when I get done with the chores I will look into that. If anyone is interested in this or another destination let me know. I just want to go riding and enjoy some of the great scenery that is so abundantly available up here in north Idaho. Also, if anyone knows of any great bridges or tunnels to see, that would be great, too.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #134
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Joseph, Oregon

So I think that I am going to ride to Joseph, Oregon and will be taking off around noon. Are there any folks that would like to come along?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #135
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Time to resuscitate the Palouse thread

Well, it has literally been almost three years since this thread was last used. I think it is time to dust it off and put it back to work. I still live on the Palouse and would love to meet some people that want to go riding around this area but I would also like to bump in to some folks that are interested in doing a long weekend sometime this summer. If anyone is planning a trip over to Olympic National Park, the Cascade Mountains, or even Glacier National Park and are looking to add some people to your group for the trip I would love to know when you are planning to go in hopes of being able to fit it into my plans. I have lived in the Palouse for several years now but have always been so busy with school that I really haven't been able to see much of Washington. And that is really what I am wanting to do. I would love to get in some rides that take me through the mountainous regions of the PNW. For those of you around the Palouse just wanting to get together on weekends for an afternoon ride that sounds great, too.