ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #226
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

Oddometer: 414
Way to go sloburban! Did the dog bark at you too?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #227
sloburban OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
New Tag

Only Revolutionary War battle fought in Delaware. Tradition holds that the new 13-star flag, the Stars and Stripes, was first unfurled during action here.

sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #228
sloburban OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olenuf2nobetter
Way to go sloburban! Did the dog bark at you too?
Had a terrible day trying to get this tag. I left from Pa. and tried to ride all back roads starting from rt 202 and smiths bridge rd. I got lost on rt 82, owls nest rd, pyles ford rd... etc. After about an hour or so I ended up at the same spot I started from, in Pa. Not wanting to give up I headed back out and got lost again on these horribly winding roads. Not one straight line. Up shift, down shift, lean to the left lean to the right...very dangerous and not fun at all. I just wanted to get the tag, without getting Bruced and get home.

I got the tag, found a new tag and headed back home the same way I came. Thankfully I didn't get lost this time but I did get stuck on all those winding roads again.

No barking dogs either.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #229
Will LC8
I stubbed my toe

Oddometer: 587
Tag

I got it. This one I actually remembered from elementry school.

http://abuddyforlife.org/

Will LC8 screwed with this post 05-08-2009 at 02:57 PM
Will LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #230
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

Bruced! And by Will again.

Sorry to hear about your terrible ride on those awful, curve-filled roads, sloburban. Maybe if you just had a bike better suited to that sort of riding ...

Edited for additional wiseassery

olenuf2nobetter screwed with this post 05-08-2009 at 03:09 PM
olenuf2nobetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #231
Will LC8
I stubbed my toe

New tag

Here it is guy's. Pretty obvious it's an old mill. The name of the creek its on is one color and the name of the road is another.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #232
Will LC8
I stubbed my toe

Quote:
I almost ran out of gas trying to get home in time. I hit reserve near the tag and prayed all the way home. I had a feeling you would be getting this on the way home from work.

Still plenty of light to get the new tag. I made sure to get a new one tonight because me and the Husky are probably playing in the mountains up North tomorrow and I didn't want to stall the game for the weekend.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #233
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

When I first came to Delaware I lived not far from that mill -- but I had no idea it existed until just now.

I love this game.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #234
doylejj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloburban
Had a terrible day trying to get this tag. I left from Pa. and tried to ride all back roads starting from rt 202 and smiths bridge rd. I got lost on rt 82, owls nest rd, pyles ford rd... etc. After about an hour or so I ended up at the same spot I started from, in Pa. Not wanting to give up I headed back out and got lost again on these horribly winding roads. Not one straight line. Up shift, down shift, lean to the left lean to the right...very dangerous and not fun at all. I just wanted to get the tag, without getting Bruced and get home.

I got the tag, found a new tag and headed back home the same way I came. Thankfully I didn't get lost this time but I did get stuck on all those winding roads again.

No barking dogs either.
Sorry you lost your way in the Brandywine Triangle--those of us who live nearby have been lost more than once ourselves.

OTOH I can't believe you're complaining about the lack of straight line roads. Those roads are the big reason it's so hard for some of us to head south to the land of straights and 90 degree turns.

'06 Buell Ulysses
'05 BMW F650 Dakar
'04 BMW R1150R
'04 VStrom 1000
'00 Concours
'00 GL1500 Goldwing

Photo site: http://www.pbase.com/doylejj
doylejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #235
sloburban OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your terrible ride on those awful, curve-filled roads, sloburban. Maybe if you just had a bike better suited to that sort of riding ...

Edited for additional wiseassery
Obviously you didn't realize that I was riding a 1995 Triumph Tiger! And in that year blue was the fastest model. Power is something else on this year's Tiger, smooth and effortless - you accelerate so quickly without even trying. The carburated system is close to flawless with absolutely NO surging or NO flatspots what so ever. Handling on this thing is a dream. This thing can boogie with the rest of them on the road!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #236
sloburban OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylejj
Sorry you lost your way in the Brandywine Triangle--those of us who live nearby have been lost more than once ourselves.

OTOH I can't believe you're complaining about the lack of straight line roads. Those roads are the big reason it's so hard for some of us to head south to the land of straights and 90 degree turns.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #237
Deltakus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Cry

O, if I was never working. and I could get into this. This was going to be my first Pic. I us to have a shop on that property and ride my bike all over the place there, and there is some off road riding around there . The memories .

The history of the area is not all of what is said, rumor has it that there was another battle down the road a bit. Down on 40 that is. But, the British did burn down the orignal mill. And it is now that horse barn that is across the road. I miss my times there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloburban
Only Revolutionary War battle fought in Delaware. Tradition holds that the new 13-star flag, the Stars and Stripes, was first unfurled during action here.

Deltakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #238
cyclejohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Got it!

Got it.

Greenbank Mill, located along Red Clay Creek. The address is listed as: 500 Greenbank Road
Wilmington,DE

Here is the historical marker located at the mill.

Sorry about the quality of the photo. It was about 9:00 pm, and lighting was minimal.
Will post a new tag tomorrow.
cyclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #239
sloburban OP
Beastly Adventurer

This game is moving now.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #240
cyclejohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
The New Tag

Here's the new tag:

This one should be easy. Even if you don't recognize it, you should be able to find it with minimal Googleing.
(Skyclad-- tomorrow's Mother's Day. You can ask your mom when you talk to her tomorrow)
And no more complaining from you southern inmates. This tag's south of the big ditch.
cyclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote