ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #7561
divimon2000
Studly Adventurer
 
divimon2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Champlain, Vermont
Oddometer: 593
TT crash bars

Another view

divimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #7562
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer
 
redbastard's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Rat City
Oddometer: 1,124
Not my bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandThumper View Post
That is really beautiful setup from Britania. It seems that you have a dual spark model, but do you know by any chance if the mounts work also on the single spark models? If not or you don't know, I'll just contact them myself but was curious.

This is a picture from Brittanica Composits web site. So not sure which models it fits.
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #7563
FinlandThumper
Has Cake/Eats it Too
 
FinlandThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Neither here nor there
Oddometer: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbastard View Post
This is a picture from Brittanica Composits web site. So not sure which models it fits.
Ah, thanks! I'll contact them.
FinlandThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #7564
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer
 
tomatoe333's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Back on the east side
Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandThumper View Post
Finally, Holan makes a nice-looking bar that looks like the TT setup but has a back mount which makes it more rigid. You might want to check them out. I don't know anyone who uses their product.
I've got a set of Holan bars on my Dakar. They fit well straight out of the box.

I've been thinking about a set of lower bars to protect the clutch/stator covers, and the only one I can find is Touratech. A little pricey for what I want.
__________________
"Keep the standard settings will be useful to learn more about the bike. One should reach a sufficient technical level, when then humbly questioning calibration of your motorcycles."
tomatoe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #7565
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by divimon2000 View Post
Kubiak, See the little connector thing on the handlebar for the throttle cable. My GS does not have that, I just cable tied it down lower. Just an fyi.

thank you for the pic and info! im still waiting for my new bars to get here in the mail then i can try different routing. i do remember a clip on the bars now that you mentioned it.thanks again!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #7566
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast
 
Dan Alexander's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Now only Montreal
Oddometer: 7,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandThumper View Post
That is really beautiful setup from Britania. It seems that you have a dual spark model, but do you know by any chance if the mounts work also on the single spark models? If not or you don't know, I'll just contact them myself but was curious.
I've been talking with Ian at Britania and they will be making a full kit with their dual headlights.

I'll assume it will be similar to the Mirage 2 that fits the twins but with the round lights built in and the kidney shaped one gone.


This ....



...... and this combined together

__________________
Beemers Past and Present: 74 R90S, 77 R100RS, 85 K100RS, 2x 87 K100RS, 96 R1100GS (getting hacked), 99 R1100S, 2002 R1150GS, 2005 F650 Dakar
Plus the occasional Triumph, BSA, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and KTM but who's counting
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #7567
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post

Angry bird?
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #7568
Fly Molo
Crazy Sniffable
 
Fly Molo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: WA
Oddometer: 65
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoe333 View Post
I've got a set of Holan bars on my Dakar. They fit well straight out of the box.

I've been thinking about a set of lower bars to protect the clutch/stator covers, and the only one I can find is Touratech. A little pricey for what I want.
I could not find these listed at HolanUSA. Is that where you got them from?
__________________
My signature is over here.
Fly Molo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #7569
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento CA
Oddometer: 1,606
The SW Motec ones are way strong and bolt to the center of the bike.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #7570
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer
 
redbastard's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Rat City
Oddometer: 1,124
TT crash bars on the wifes bike

Here's my lovley wifes bike that she lets me ride if I've been good. I put the Touratech crash bars on. My advice would be to spend the money on a second set of plastics :) but she like this set up. For the record she hasn't evern bothered to use these yet ( no tip overs )
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #7571
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer
 
tomatoe333's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Back on the east side
Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Molo View Post
I could not find these listed at HolanUSA. Is that where you got them from?
That is where I got them, but I don't seem them listed there, or on the Polish Holan site anymore.
__________________
"Keep the standard settings will be useful to learn more about the bike. One should reach a sufficient technical level, when then humbly questioning calibration of your motorcycles."
tomatoe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #7572
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer
 
tomatoe333's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Back on the east side
Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbastard View Post
Whose luggage racks are those on the sides of your wife's bike?
__________________
"Keep the standard settings will be useful to learn more about the bike. One should reach a sufficient technical level, when then humbly questioning calibration of your motorcycles."
tomatoe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #7573
eanth
Adventurer
 
eanth's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: here
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoe333 View Post
Whose luggage racks are those on the sides of your wife's bike?
Those look to be Happy Trails (happy-trails.com). I've had them w/ their aluminum cases for 8 years: very solid. A good company to buy from (made in Boise, gave discount for purchase of multiple items,...). very happy w/ build quality, customer service, and cost. cases install/remove from bike in 30 seconds each side. Durable and affordable.



eanth
eanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #7574
eanth
Adventurer
 
eanth's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: here
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanth View Post
Those look to be Happy Trails (happy-trails.com). I've had them w/ their aluminum cases for 8 years: very solid. A good company to buy from (made in Boise, gave discount for purchase of multiple items,...). very happy w/ build quality, customer service, and cost. cases install/remove from bike in 30 seconds each side. Durable and affordable.



eanth
and on the subject of bash plates and other protection,... Happy T makes that stuff too. got their bash plate and engine guard w/ highway pegs on my bike. The former is very stout, latter comfy on the long slab and proven its weight on tip over occasions (they act as fairing guards in that they protrude out just enough to take hit should bike be knocked over as mine was once in a parking lot. No damage to fairing, bars, anything).

eanth
eanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #7575
FinlandThumper
Has Cake/Eats it Too
 
FinlandThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Neither here nor there
Oddometer: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
I've been talking with Ian at Britania and they will be making a full kit with their dual headlights.

I'll assume it will be similar to the Mirage 2 that fits the twins but with the round lights built in and the kidney shaped one gone.


This ....



...... and this combined together

That would be really cool! It would solve two issues at the same time. Since I am a tall rider the stock screen is a bit low, and the headlights could be better on these things.
FinlandThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014