User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #1681
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,746
hmmmm rectum fryer...

so what is this Rectfier I need mate and where does it go ect....

or am I picking up that there is no easy light upgrade? I have a cyclops ORION Halogen light, which is better and lighter than standard, but I am looking for a good spot light for few night stints out west!!!

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by digga1111 View Post
they look alright ey. the headlight circuit is ac and that requires dc. just needs a rectifyer.
i got these on the way
https://www.bajadesigns.com/2009/art...tealthpop.html
middle 6 in spot and 2 each side in spread. has hi and lo beam and strobe function. yes yes i know its not really hi and lo but it will do
gunna try and fit em in this
https://shop.rallyraid.co.uk/proddet...?prod=RRXR650F
iam going to ask the fella at betta bikes if i can change the whole bike to dc and be done with it

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #1682
Burkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo View Post

or am I picking up that there is no easy light upgrade? I have a cyclops ORION Halogen light, which is better and lighter than standard, but I am looking for a good spot light for few night stints out west!!!

Joe
Thought I needed a new recrtifier a week ago....was a wiring issue. But I priced around and Ballards are near half the price of other dealers

HTH
Burkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #1683
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

rectifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkey View Post
Thought I needed a new recrtifier a week ago....was a wiring issue. But I priced around and Ballards are near half the price of other dealers

HTH

I don't think digger means the regulator rectifier.....

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #1684
kougar
go hard or go home

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by galbo950 View Post
Full noise for Kougar isn't fast, its just him yelling and screaming as he gets left behind. So Kougar where are you heading first?? You coming up this way or for our winter or are by the time you leave it'l be summer and getting a bit to hot to be up this way?? If you come outside our wet season, your more than welcome to park the bus down on the back paddock. If you decide to come up in the wet you can still park there but just keep in mind the river can come up a little high and it would mean you may be stuck on your own little island for a few hours to a day at the most. With this years wet it came up extremely high only once at about 2am but it was back down by 6am. Only other problem was that the bridge out was under water for 2 days.
giday galbo,now u and i know who gets left behind, mate it all depends on when the house is sold mate ,if it takes awhile,will be to hot as you say,dont really know to tell ya the truth,but at some stage it will parked in your back yard,using your electricity,
kougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #1685
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,287
Quote:

Joe
it was explained to me like this
all the power produced by the stator is ac. some of it is converted to dc for use via a rectumfryer. the headlight gets power straight off the stator so is still ac. if you put a rectumfryer inline before the leds it should be good. this is my plan and iam stickin to it.( unless its wrong and if so could some one please help)
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #1686
kennyrob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
it was explained to me like this
all the power produced by the stator is ac. some of it is converted to dc for use via a rectumfryer. the headlight gets power straight off the stator so is still ac. if you put a rectumfryer inline before the leds it should be good. this is my plan and iam stickin to it.( unless its wrong and if so could some one please help)
You might be better of replacing the A/C regulator with another regulator/rectifier identical to the D/C circuit

But I can't see why LEDs won't work off A/C anyhow. Works in my tail light, which is on the A/C circuit

200w Ricky stators are pretty cheap, & you get to keep you old stator
http://www.rickystator.com/pages/XR650stator.html
Jasonf68 put one in recently & is claiming good results

kennyrob screwed with this post 05-25-2011 at 01:55 AM
kennyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #1687
digga1111
bann ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrob View Post
You might be better of replacing the A/C regulator with another regulator/rectifier identical to the D/C circuit
so then the whole bike will be dc
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #1688
kennyrob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
so then the whole bike will be dc
Yeh, the only reason for the A/C circuit is it's more efficient (less loss) & every bit counts when your only got 74w to start with
(see previous edit)
kennyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #1689
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

ricky Stators

with the strong aussie coin, that is good buying unless they go nuts with the shipping like other us companies try to.

Is that just a plug and play for the Aussie model BRP??

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrob View Post

But I can't see why LEDs won't work off A/C anyhow. Works in my tail light, which is on the A/C circuit

200w Ricky stators are pretty cheap, & you get to keep you old stator
http://www.rickystator.com/pages/XR650stator.html
Jasonf68 put one in recently & is claiming good results

Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #1690
digga1111
bann ed

last time i priced the stator upgrade from betta bikes it wasnt that dear, and he upgrdes the switch block also. for an extra fifty i'll buy oz
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #1691
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
last time i priced the stator upgrade from betta bikes it wasnt that dear, and he upgrdes the switch block also. for an extra fifty i'll buy oz
And also the wiring to the switch block and headlight are upgraded
and the regulator too and installs a capacitor to smoothen out the power so electronics like the GPS will have more life.
And for a little more a new headlight that takes a HQ lamp that is 100 watt high and low beam.
KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #1692
Rucksta
Chronic Noob

Oddometer: 2,558
Quote:
If you go AC/DC on the electrics you'll need to get half of Sean-0's gay sticker kit
Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #1693
kougar
go hard or go home

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
good news with the trip mate.. will be fantastic

what is this riding at full noise mate... you know I don't like to get my hair messed up by going to fast!!!
hey joe,i know you dont understand what full noise means,because the farm bike that you ride is a single and its a xr,but its the noise out of the twin pipes of a vtwin as it blows by ya,and if i remember correctly your hair will be fine with all that moose that you put in it.
kougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #1694
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

hhmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kougar View Post
hey joe,i know you dont understand what full noise means,because the farm bike that you ride is a single and its a xr,but its the noise out of the twin pipes of a vtwin as it blows by ya,and if i remember correctly your hair will be fine with all that moose that you put in it.
well you see Aclown, I now shave my head... and if I recall I was the sweep rider... who chased down to dingalings who missed a corner man..while riding said farm bike, then blew past you both to round you up and bring you back on track... don't ever recall getting over taken by any red headed Aclowns.... gezz must be a fast farm bike that one of mine

now must be getting close to time for a ride and a beer

Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #1695
rocketmanphil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
cost

Quote:

its about $300-$350 through him
You know he's on the level.
rocketmanphil is offline   Reply With Quote