Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #76
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
my Q2 teamset should be here tomorrow. My phone is a Samsung sync with bluetooth. i'm totally ignorannt/illiterate/stupid when it comes to this new school electronic stuff. wonder how I answer the phone if it riings?
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #77
mpowers
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
my Q2 teamset should be here tomorrow. My phone is a Samsung sync with bluetooth. i'm totally ignorannt/illiterate/stupid when it comes to this new school electronic stuff. wonder how I answer the phone if it riings?
Say Hello....

Seriously if you phone is supported, the Q2 will ring and you just speak.
mpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 AM   #78
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowers
Say Hello....

Seriously if you phone is supported, the Q2 will ring and you just speak.
It probably depends more on the phone and what it supports. If he turns on auto answer on his phone it will just answer automatically. If his phone supports voice commands, he probably can just speak to answer it. If your phone doesn't support that, a quick push of the power button on the Scala will answer it.

Overall if you phone supports voice dialing, you'll have a lot more control over it. I've done it by accident when trying to turn off my VOX, but by holding down one of the volume buttons in for 5+ seconds will automatically call the last person that called you. I think a double tap of the power button might do the same thing, but it's been a while since I tried that.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #79
Jean-Ma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Blow quite strongly directly on your mic instead of saying something. I've realized that you have to speak quite loud in the helmet for the same result. Same for intercom with the passanger.

Cheers from Swiss...

Jean-Ma
Old 09-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #80
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,569
Has anyone tried to charge the Q2 using the 12V car type charger? Will the device function while charging? We went on a 12+ hour ride yesterday and my Q2 ran out of juice about an hour before we got home. I'd like to be able to plug it in and have it still work.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #81
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff
Has anyone tried to charge the Q2 using the 12V car type charger? Will the device function while charging? We went on a 12+ hour ride yesterday and my Q2 ran out of juice about an hour before we got home. I'd like to be able to plug it in and have it still work.
I think I tried it once just to see if it would work when we bought the 12V chargers and it stayed on and you could used it and it would charge.

The only bad part is that plug is coming out of the back of the unit and of course has to reach the cig plug where you put it.

The other option you might try is just to plug them in when you stop for lunch or other breaks. We did plenty of 12+ hr days and never had an issue unless we stayed "manually connected" for long periods of time. If I ever thought we were in danger of running out of juice, we would just plug them in when we stopped for an hour or so and that would give us enough juice for the rest of the day.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #82
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning
I think I tried it once just to see if it would work when we bought the 12V chargers and it stayed on and you could used it and it would charge.

The only bad part is that plug is coming out of the back of the unit and of course has to reach the cig plug where you put it.

The other option you might try is just to plug them in when you stop for lunch or other breaks. We did plenty of 12+ hr days and never had an issue unless we stayed "manually connected" for long periods of time. If I ever thought we were in danger of running out of juice, we would just plug them in when we stopped for an hour or so and that would give us enough juice for the rest of the day.
Thanks. Had I thought about it I would have plugged it in several times during the day on stops, but the thought never crossed my mind! I'm sure I'll remember from now on though.

Appreciate your help.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #83
Pax
shazam.

Oddometer: 814
quick response re leatt and scala

I wound up drilling 2 small holes into my helmet to secure the Scala Q2 allowing for full head movement with a Leatt brace. I just rode the Western portion of the TAT and it worked great. I found without it mounted higher, the Scala impaired my head movement too much.

-Pax

“Character is much easier kept than recovered.” –Thomas Paine
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #84
jdsmock
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thumb Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock
Credit and thanks to biggziff for posting the original mod, to Impluse 101 who sorted out the wire colors on the new MP3 units. And to some guy called magellan on the VFRD discussion list who motivated me to figure out why he couldn't get the wires to solder when he tried the mod.

By the way, one reason I decided to splice mid-wire was I wasn't able to pop the new units apart to get to the circuit board. The microphone seems to be attached differently than the previous rev. and I didn't want to force it.
I did the mod last night and description was perfect. It took me forever and now would take me 15 minutes. I will not tell me friends that ride however.
jdsmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #85
classyfun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Mod Completed

Thanks for all the research on the instructions. It works perfect and the decrease in wind noise and increase in clarity of music is great. A must do mod for the Scala I think.

BR
classyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #86
Camcow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Question MP3 + V1 question

Anyone try running a Valentine 1 or another radar detector through the MP3 port? I'm wondering if it will be loud enough to hear at (theoretically illegal) speeds with a full-face helmet and earplugs.

Trying to decide between the Q2 multiset and a pair of XBi2's...
Camcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #87
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camcow
Anyone try running a Valentine 1 or another radar detector through the MP3 port? I'm wondering if it will be loud enough to hear at (theoretically illegal) speeds with a full-face helmet and earplugs.

Trying to decide between the Q2 multiset and a pair of XBi2's...
It should be plenty loud enough, besides its only a beeping noise and not words.

The only issue I see is that the music is lower on the priority list then your Phone/GPS or talking to someone else, so if your GPS is sending you directions via BT or you are talking on your phone over the Q2 or chatting with a riding partner, then you won't hear the beep since the music port won't interrupt those. However, if those instances will be just occasional, then perfect.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #88
cardingtr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
This is so helpful I almost did it right.
I have the older Q2 (without MP3 input), and the speaker wires are red, black and white. I'm lost from here, which color to solder to on solder type female 3.5 mm? Or which color is left, right and ground?
Thanks in advance.
cardingtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #89
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardingtr
This is so helpful I almost did it right.
I have the older Q2 (without MP3 input), and the speaker wires are red, black and white. I'm lost from here, which color to solder to on solder type female 3.5 mm? Or which color is left, right and ground?
Thanks in advance.
I think biggziff has your answer here.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #90
jglow
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 343
Where have you all found the best price on the Q2 rider multiset? Amazon.com seams to have a good price, but is there an issue with warranty if you do not buy it direct from Cardo?

http://www.amazon.com/Cardo-Systems-.../dp/B001G1DFLS
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote