Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #46
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,230
Anybody got a 98 900 ssfe for sale???????????????
Backmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #47
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker
Here's one on ebay.

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.

-Albert Einstein
Stobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #48
SD990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker
Mine is a FE. (listed earlier in this post) I have all the original bodywork and tank in perfect condition. The bike has all new painted body work to mimic the Superlight IV and V that were only available in Europe. (the 1993 SL's were a bit different here in the states)

Mine has a Staintune spaghetti system, 944 BCM kit, Keihin 41mm, Ohlins shock, lightened flywheel, stainless lines, Ducati OEM late model clutch basket, cleaned up ports in the head and matched intake runners, stock seat as well as a Sergeant seat, stock exhaust, Dyna coils and wires, 39T rear sprocket...blah blah blah....

She sounds amazing and looks the business with either bodywork on. It would be hard to part with.....but a new SuperEnduro may cause the sale
Attached Images

SD990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #49
jeffs900s
Prophet of Doom

Oddometer: 1,158
Another vote for any two valve Ducati. I currently have an '01 Monster 900s that has been dead reliable, and is easily the favorite of all of the bikes I have owned. Maintenance is easy if you have some mechanical ability and patience. Super fun to ride. The sound it makes WOT at about 7500 rpm would be worth just about any price.
jeffs900s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #50
Desmofan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD990
Mine is a FE. (listed earlier in this post) I have all the original bodywork and tank in perfect condition. The bike has all new painted body work to mimic the Superlight IV and V that were only available in Europe. (the 1993 SL's were a bit different here in the states)

Mine has a Staintune spaghetti system, 944 BCM kit, Keihin 41mm, Ohlins shock, lightened flywheel, stainless lines, Ducati OEM late model clutch basket, cleaned up ports in the head and matched intake runners, stock seat as well as a Sergeant seat, stock exhaust, Dyna coils and wires, 39T rear sprocket...blah blah blah....

She sounds amazing and looks the business with either bodywork on. It would be hard to part with.....but a new SuperEnduro may cause the sale
Sell me the Staintune spaghetti first !
Desmofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #51
volbeat22
n/a

Oddometer: 773
My 888 is much nicer than SD990s bike. I know 'cause I have ridden his bike.

I want a 950 Adv. so buy my bike instead. Remember, the RED ones are faster!
Attached Images

volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #52
SD990
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmofan
In my most EVIL voice.. .."NEVER." That exhaust is priceless and is half the reason I love the bike sooo much. Everyone always wants that gem!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #53
Desmofan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Well, not "priceless" but $$$ ($1600 last I had a chance). Chris at http://www.ca-cycleworks.com got a group buy for Staintune a couple of years ago (they wouldn't do less that 10 header sets I recall), and like an idiot I didn't jump on it. My header has been narrowed and opened by Rob North (flat track frame legend) here in SD, so no dragging and possibly better breathing-but the Staintune is all about looks and cool factor!
Desmofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #54
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Back when I found my Termignoni spaghetti system, there was a shop in Japan that had a few remaining new in box. Termi systems, that is. If memory serves, they wanted $3k per. It's a total longshot (that they'd still have any available), but if you're interested in trying to contact them, I can dig through old emails and might be able to find the name of the shop.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #55
SD990
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, not "priceless" but $$$ ($1600 last I had a chance). Chris at http://www.ca-cycleworks.com got a group buy for Staintune a couple of years ago (they wouldn't do less that 10 header sets I recall), and like an idiot I didn't jump on it. My header has been narrowed and opened by Rob North (flat track frame legend) here in SD, so no dragging and possibly better breathing-but the Staintune is all about looks and cool factor!
Well.....I didnt really mean "priceless" but as you stated Chris got this one on a group order and according to him.....Stainetune isn't doing anymore group orders for these. And you are right ........they are all about the looks and cool factor!

Arch....if you could grab a fet Termi spaghetti systems I'm sure there would be more than a few buyers out there. There is also a guy at BCM making custom spaghetti systems for the 900ss bikes....expensive but nice.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #56
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,303
what do the Termi Spaghetti systems look like?
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #57
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn
what do the Termi Spaghetti systems look like?
It's on my bike in the earlier pic in this thread, or, here it is from the other side.

Doesn't look much different than just your typical set of high mount Termi mufflers from above, but when people notice its their fabled full system, well, they tend to go ga-ga. It's very tucked in, all slip joints are spring loaded, etc, etc. I was VERY happy to have stumbled upon this example years ago, especially as I was able to buy it for about $1300.

All that said, unless you're doing headwork and all the other more involved stuff, mufflers or the more common (but still unobtanium) Farne style Termi system are more than adequate.

Also, attached is a fuzzy pic of the stuff from the box.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #58
NorCalslowpoke
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,229
wood has been sported....

nice bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
It's on my bike in the earlier pic in this thread, or, here it is from the other side.

Doesn't look much different than just your typical set of high mount Termi mufflers from above, but when people notice its their fabled full system, well, they tend to go ga-ga. It's very tucked in, all slip joints are spring loaded, etc, etc. I was VERY happy to have stumbled upon this example years ago, especially as I was able to buy it for about $1300.

All that said, unless you're doing headwork and all the other more involved stuff, mufflers or the more common (but still unobtanium) Farne style Termi system are more than adequate.

Also, attached is a fuzzy pic of the stuff from the box.
http://www.burtonco.com Sacramento Appraiser
NorCalslowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #59
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn
This thread has convinced me I need a 2v Vtwin Ducati... they should just ditch current SS line in favor of the Paul Smart/Sport 1000 and call it a day... reverse evolution?

can't decide which one to get...
RJ... Noted a Paul Smart in the classifieds today.. zero miles, Termi's included, price reduction versus list.

That said, and just to go against the grain of this thread, I really enjoyed an '01 900ss. The 2V Duc is certainly full of soul, but as bike consolidation happened, it was the 2V that went while the 4V remained. Yeah, the maintenance is more involved, but the performance difference, the thrust and rush, is so much more with the 4V. Undeniably noticeable. Would climb 285, hit a temporary passing lane, and really have to gas the 2V for roll-on acceleration. 4V? Instant bye-bye, and those booming Termi's on a 4V are unlike anything else. Just FWIW .
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #60
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson
RJ... Noted a Paul Smart in the classifieds today.. zero miles, Termi's included, price reduction versus list.

That said, and just to go against the grain of this thread, I really enjoyed an '01 900ss. The 2V Duc is certainly full of soul, but as bike consolidation happened, it was the 2V that went while the 4V remained. Yeah, the maintenance is more involved, but the performance difference, the thrust and rush, is so much more with the 4V. Undeniably noticeable. Would climb 285, hit a temporary passing lane, and really have to gas the 2V for roll-on acceleration. 4V? Instant bye-bye, and those booming Termi's on a 4V are unlike anything else. Just FWIW .
Yes but I live in hot Denver and those under the seat pipes roast me...

I was all set to throw money down on a 999 but jeebus, the SportClassic just seems to be a more fun street bike... I just don't do enough track days to justify the watercooler Ducs... as much as I was emtionally there, mentally/physically can't do it... after test riding a 999 I realized I wasn't ready for F1 racing, as my skills were not anywhere close to being ready...
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote