ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #2206
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
My one and only track bike was a 3Rensho, one of the red ones with a "Stiffener" tube from the chainstays to the seat stays following the radius of the rear tire, I actually give away that bike to a friend when I left Colombia, man what a dummy..
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #2207
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer
 
cogitate's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: North of the Border, CA
Oddometer: 4,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Way back when, the Nashbar outlet here in the DC area sold em.

Wish I knew then what I know now.

M
In 1993 Colorado Cyclist was blowing out remaining San Rensho Super Record Exports for $199!!!!!!!!


I should have bought a few! Instead, I got a Bilatto built Lemond because, you know, it had Euro cred. It was 699, could have had three San Renshos!

what a dummy! They had red and blues, overstock.
__________________
bikeless.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #2208
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
In 1993 Colorado Cyclist was blowing out remaining San Rensho Super Record Exports for $199!!!!!!!!


I should have bought a few! Instead, I got a Bilatto built Lemond because, you know, it had Euro cred. It was 699, could have had three San Renshos!

what a dummy! They had red and blues, overstock.
PBS did the same kind of thing with Battaglin and the Scapin EL OS frames they were selling. I got one of the Battaglins but didn't get the $ raised in time to get one of the Scapin EL OSes.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #2209
championsound
Adventurer
 
championsound's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
You're very fortunate to have that 3Rensho. I always drool over my friend's Zunow.
Ahh Keirin bikes...

I'm fortunate to have a good friend that happens to be Japanese. He used to travel from the states back to the motherland fairly often and when he did go back, he sometimes brought me back something. On one occasion it was that silver 3Rensho. Other times...


Bridgestone Anchor. Anchor was Bridgestone's high end racing division, mostly Keirin frames.


Another 3Rensho


Bad pic but, it's a Makino. A company started by folks of 3Rensho. I built it with a full Suntour Superbe Pro track group.
championsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #2210
championsound
Adventurer
 
championsound's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
Oh dude you have the addiction good, beautiful collection, but how do you get to the last bike..??

Have you ever try to hang them some how..

Brooklyn, like Brooklyn machine works...?

I always droll about does bikes, even if they are ultra heavy..
In order to get to the last few bikes in the room, I have to clear out everything before I can get to those bikes.

Yep Brooklyn Machine Works. I worked for them for a spell. 1 of BMWs is a park bike, the other a mini link. Here's the mini link



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
My one and only track bike was a 3Rensho, one of the red ones with a "Stiffener" tube from the chainstays to the seat stays following the radius of the rear tire, I actually give away that bike to a friend when I left Colombia, man what a dummy..
Check out the Yamaguchi again. Between the seat stays and the seat tube. There's just a little more than 5mm clearance with a 20mm tire and that particular gearing (48x15). The seat tube also tapers from a 29mm outer diameter (up top by the seatpost clamp) to 50mm at the bottom bracket shell.



championsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #2211
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by championsound View Post
In order to get to the last few bikes in the room, I have to clear out everything before I can get to those bikes.
Well time to rethink things a little, what about hanging them..?
Quote:

Yep Brooklyn Machine Works. I worked for them for a spell. 1 of BMWs is a park bike, the other a mini link. Here's the mini link

Does bikes are really strange, as weird as the other BMW's

Ps: I love the pedals..
Quote:



Check out the Yamaguchi again. Between the seat stays and the seat tube. There's just a little more than 5mm clearance with a 20mm tire and that particular gearing (48x15). The seat tube also tapers from a 29mm outer diameter (up top by the seatpost clamp) to 50mm at the bottom bracket shell.



Exactly like my red one, well with out the "Baseball bat" seat tube..
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..

Ricardo Kuhn screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 03:32 PM
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #2212
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by championsound View Post
Great minds....


Except my Bins are mounted on a "rail" so I can take them on and off (but they also fall)
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #2213
championsound
Adventurer
 
championsound's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
Well time to rethink things a little, what about hanging them..?
I'd love to hang them but the room's so small that hanging them would make no difference. It would be a lot harder to empty the room when I need something from the back of the room.


Quote:
Ps: I love the pedals..
The original BMW Shinburgers! They still have sharp edges from the milling process!
championsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #2214
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by championsound View Post
I'd love to hang them but the room's so small that hanging them would make no difference. It would be a lot harder to empty the room when I need something from the back of the room.
Oh man I hate that feeling of claustrophobia I don't know if I can ever go back to that..
Quote:




The original BMW Shinburgers! They still have sharp edges from the milling process!
Yes, I still remember the first time I saw a set, so freaking scary

Ps; is BMW a good company to work for... I don't know why I have the feeling they are really grumpy, maybe the products that are so aggro.
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #2215
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Some upgrades..

I got another Maverick fork from ebay and I got install today, I love this things, they are super light, rigid and provide plenty of travel.


The bike seats on the same angles/reach as before with the Psylo..


Plus I finish building a new pair of wheels with Mango king hubs and 819 Mavic rims.


Now I just need to the snow to stop so I can take care for a little ride.
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #2216
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer
 
LoJack's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: B.G., yo!
Oddometer: 1,278
I like that Maverick stuff, too. I don't have a fork, would like the single crown and have been keeping an eye out for one. I've got a Maverick style frame, though. I haven't ridden a lot of different suspension bikes, but I like it. I'd like to try a DW-link bike sometime.
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #2217
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
I like that Maverick stuff, too. I don't have a fork, would like the single crown and have been keeping an eye out for one. I've got a Maverick style frame, though. I haven't ridden a lot of different suspension bikes, but I like it. I'd like to try a DW-link bike sometime.
The SC32 like this one are really hard to find and they go for a lot of money since they fit fat bike tires and is almost no suspension fork available for them..
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #2218
championsound
Adventurer
 
championsound's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
I love this things, they are super light, rigid and provide plenty of travel.
What were you saying about great minds?

To be honest though... I cracked the frame a while ago, but here it was when it was still among us.

championsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #2219
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by championsound View Post
What were you saying about great minds?

To be honest though... I cracked the frame a while ago, but here it was when it was still among us.

Oh so sad..

Paul Turner is a brilliant designer but maybe not the best business man, well at least in this case he build a excellent well made product (not like rock sUcks)

So what did you do with the fork, I may want a 4th one..
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #2220
championsound
Adventurer
 
championsound's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
So what did you do with the fork, I may want a 4th one..
I ended up moving the fork to my Foes but then I started having problems with it. I'd be out riding when all of a sudden the seals would blow and I'd have to finish the ride without a front brake cause of all the weeping oil running down the legs. After repairing the fork 3 times and going though 3 sets of Hope brake pads inside of a month, I had enough so I sold it even though the stanchions were pristine.

I've had a couple of upside down forks (Marzocchi Shiver on the BWM, and a Dorado on my dh bike) and never had seal problems. I was kind of bitter too since Maverick didn't help me out on the frame (cracked the headtube).
championsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014