Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #4321
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I've seen this video before and it's quite awesome. I also always wondered how many sets of wheels, frames and forks the went through to film it? If the answer is one, I'd be even more impressed.
One.

Quote:
Bike Check: Colnago C59 Disc
This time, gone is the rim-braked Pinarello from Road Bike Party and in is the world’s first production disc-braked carbon fibre road racing bike, and bicycle equivalent of a Ferrari: Colnago’s C59 Disc. Besides the addition of hydraulic disc brakes, it’s the same frame raced by France’s Thomas Voeckler in the Tour de France.

In contrast to the original film – which used a completely stock Pinarello Dogma 2 – Martyn felt that the riding demanded some choice modifications, chiefly in the brake department to boost power and control to allow him to be able to really push his riding. In order to do this, some choice modifications were made (see annotations). This all pushed the bike’s total value to £15,000 ($24,500) approx.

Despite the tough treatment that was handed out to the bike, the only mechanicals incurred throughout were – amazingly – punctures, and one brake line that pulled-out as a result of a crash.
http://www.velouk.net/2013/12/11/fea...-party-2-film/
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #4322
Danger4u2
KX & CR 500 Rider

Oddometer: 445
Once you own the camera the pictures are free. Same thing posting them.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #4323
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsslober View Post
So I've been wanting to try a 29er, with a budget of 1500.00 I started to watch CL. I found a bike but it was 1000.00 more than my budget. I think it was worth it. I really like it!
There seem to be a lot of s-works bikes around that Morgan Hill area. (Specialized has their offices there). Both those bikes are insanely nice.
trailer Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #4324
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 671
Employees

Bought from one current and one former Specialized employees. Feel so lucky to score them for real fair price.

dogsslober screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 04:14 PM
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #4325
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Living in Trek Land, I see their stuff pop up on the rare occasion. They do employ someone to specifically scour Craigs List and ebay for employees trying to make a buck, though.
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #4326
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Bikes

Both bikes are three years old, and well kept. I have to say the 29er is the fastest bike I've ever had ! For the last six years I have been at the back of the group I ride with, now with the 29er I get in the lead at times
Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #4327
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,149
Quote:
Bought from one current and one former Specialized employees. Feel so lucky to score them for real fair price.
Those jackholes wouldn't sell me one when I was there.

Oh well

M
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #4328
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,056
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #4329
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
So I've been wanting to try a 29er, with a budget of 1500.00 I started to watch CL. I found a bike but it was 1000.00 more than my budget. I think it was worth it. I really like it!
Great bike, but a "Dropper" seat post makes very little sense, just sell it and get your self a nice thomson master piece or even better a TI or even carbon post..
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #4330
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276

COLD ROLLED-Chapter One from Clear & Cold Cinema on Vimeo.

Not sure how to embed a vimeo, but this is for you fat bike lovers out there.
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #4331
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn View Post
Great bike, but a "Dropper" seat post makes very little sense, just sell it and get your self a nice thomson master piece or even better a TI or even carbon post..
Wife gave me it for Xmas, so won't be selling. Probably for most it won't make sense. For the trails I ride its nice. I can rail the tight switchbacks way better with it and the technical descents are more fun. I'm no racer, just for fun.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #4332
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,923
Quote:
Actually it makes more sense on that bike. I had a similar situation on an Epic. I was having a lot of difficulty on steep downhills and drop offs. The geometry is so steep it wants to pitch you over the bars. I was getting pretty fed up with the bike and was going to sell it and get something more laid back. But I liked the bike for climbing general riding. The dropper post sealed the deal, the bike does everything now. When I had relaxed geometry bikes, I did not feel the need to drop the post because the bikes are stable on steep terrain.
trailer Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #4333
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Wife gave me it for Xmas, so won't be selling. Probably for most it won't make sense. For the trails I ride its nice. I can rail the tight switchbacks way better with it and the technical descents are more fun. I'm no racer, just for fun.
Okay I see you point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer Rails View Post
Actually it makes more sense on that bike. I had a similar situation on an Epic. I was having a lot of difficulty on steep downhills and drop offs. The geometry is so steep it wants to pitch you over the bars. I was getting pretty fed up with the bike and was going to sell it and get something more laid back. But I liked the bike for climbing general riding. The dropper post sealed the deal, the bike does everything now. When I had relaxed geometry bikes, I did not feel the need to drop the post because the bikes are stable on steep terrain.
Excellent argument too...

I have four Droppers (1 reverd, 1 command and two Joplin's) that I only use on my "aggressive" bikes, actually I do have one on my fatbike that make sense since the saddle end up super high do to the fat wheels, so I understand the use on a more cross country machine specially if they are heavy already..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #4334
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,576
Quote:
Klunking is best, away from the cops, cars, and concrete.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #4335
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
Sorry Ricky, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.
just 5km from my home, the tracks for the UCI mountain bike Australian course are open for use now and I there are many spots where you need to get over the back, and for me, the seat is in the way, yet for other times you need the seat just right for the climbing and sprint.

I used to think that droppers were a fad as well, but now, seeing the course and the challenges, it looks like it is almost nessecary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5WDgdzRZ7w#t=38

not the clip i was actually looking for, but a sample of the trails that we have
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: