Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,491
Saw one on the used bike floor at Ride Motorsports in Woodinville.

Tork
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #17
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat
Perfect ultra-low mileage bikes are bringing $3000+. Honda is really missing the boat by not bringing these back to the U. S.
I think the CT-110 is a great bike but there are many other great bikes already here. I believe absence makes the heart grow fonder. If Honda started selling the modern CT-110 here there would be no $3000+ used bikes on the market. Their scarcity is the driving factor of that kind of price.

I have ridden a 98 CT-110 and its a blast but not so much more than my XT225 or my Zuma. -Jason

ps I would jump on that deal with both feet!
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #18
HiTechRedneck
Big Ruckin'

Oddometer: 1,405
Damn, mine is identical to the one in your pics, and I paid $75! However, it's nowhere near as clean as that...grab it while you can, man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Whatever you say, Socrates.
HiTechRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #19
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaseun
...I have ridden a 98 CT-110 and its a blast but not so much more than my XT225...
Agreed. I adopted my wife's XT and it will plonk like a trials bike yet still run 65-70 MPH all the while delivering over 80 MPG.

The irony about the CT's is that the majority of us would have been embarassed to be seen on one thirty years ago...

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat

The irony about the CT's is that the majority of us would have been embarassed to be seen on one thirty years ago...

I owned a C105 a little over 30 years ago, my only bike then, and I was still not embarassed by riding it.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #21
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
Yeah, but back then I was a stupid punk kid who didn't appreciate these fine machines. I bought a '65 a couple of years later for my wife to ride and ended up loving it!! In a weak drunken moment I let her sell it to a good friend who enjoyed it as much as I did. Later on he died aboard a turbocharged Z1-R and the last I knew of it the "Mighty Ninety" was still sitting in his parent's garage. I tried to buy it back but they wouldn't sell.

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #22
diesel1959
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
That bike is sweet and, for that market, it's not a horrible price. I agree that I would change the rear sprocket back to stock UNLESS you were exclusively going to use it offroad. No need for the huge sprocket as the HiLo sub-tranny takes care of providing good gearing for you already.

I've currently got three CT90's, a CT110, and an ST90. I'm not one bit ashamed to zoom around town on any of them. I laugh at ever fuel station I pass.

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #23
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,568
Thats a reasonable deal considering its shape. Unfortunately before the gas crisis and with the introduction of Ebay and Craigslist you probably could of gotten that for $300.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
fotoguzzi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
here's my fleet

that's claude on the left, my uncle bought it new in 1972.. Rob in the middle, my son just bought it to keep up w/ me and his brother.. Bob on the right was bought new by my Dad in 1972 when i was 18.. I burned up 3 clutches that summer doing wheelies!
I ride them regularly, including every New years Day IN MINNEAPOLIS!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #25
troyslegacy OP
PigGS Feet

Oddometer: 134
Good times. I have really been enjoying mine, it is a blast to ride after getting off of my R1200GS. The fun factor is 10+

Please excuse the shitty iphone pic
troyslegacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #26
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
My '79 CT90

I paid $1500 for my very clean '79 CT90 a couple of years ago, when prices were at their peak here in the Detroit area. I knew I was overpaying by a couple of hundred dollars, but the P.O. had been through the bike and it was well sorted out. I've had a ton of fun on it, and used it to introduce my favorite nephew to motorcycling, so it's been worth every penny. I still have it, but we've both moved on to riding bigger and better bikes. Kinda sucks that the going price for these bikes has since dropped a couple of hundred dollars in these parts.

HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #27
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
another pic from a different angle

HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #28
helidude
defy gravity

Oddometer: 142
Thumb 1973 ct90

I just picked up a neglected orphan ct90 with 1761 km on the speedometer for $450 (cdn) in the Toronto area.

The seller said he had it running awhile ago, and got it from some old friend who couldn't find the registration/ownership... used it at his cottage and never transfered title (gave me dual bills of sale to cover the paperwork). A day (and $48) later I had clear title in my name.

Structurally it is sound, but cosmetically it needs alot of work. Tires are shot, the seat cover and foam have disintegrated, the plastic covers are brittle and cracked, muffler is rotted out.

All components are being sandblasted and powdercoated this week, need to clean up the engine and carb, and grease all the bearings, and check the wiring harness... probably would have been cheaper in the long-run to pay top dollar and buy one in mint condition!

But it will be a nice winter project and I hope to have the Girlfriend riding it next spring. Someday I will post before and after photos.
helidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #29
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,811
I rode a CT90 as a kid on my first bike and man are they a piece of crap. I guess if 45 mph all spun out on a crappy suspension anachronism is the bomb then they are the bomb. I still dont get the fervor over these mass produced tin pieces of crap. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Now a cherry Hodaka Super Rat,that would be the bomb.!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #30
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,665
It s the going rate for them. There is a website that sells all the parts for them from headlights to pistons etc. That one looks really nice.