Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #76
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Fox
I bought an 08 FJR last year in Nov. I am kind of bored with it and want something lighter. My dealer gave up the KTM street line and has a new leftover SD he will trade me for my FJR with 22,000 miles. I have a 34" inseam and it sounds like the SD is one of the better fits for guys with long legs. I am thinking of putting Pirelli Scorpion Syncs on after I wear out the stockers. I'll never do a track day but I might throw my Giant Loop bags on and take a dirt/gravel road out here in the NV outback...
Bert

I like my 07, it works pretty well on the track and is a real hooligan machine for the streets.
I only have a 30 in. inseam and the SD is a bit tall.
KTM always seems to build their bikes for the taller people.
the bike isn't bad comfort wise, I have ridden a 400 mile day on it but its no FJR.

Tire wise I really am liking the Bridgestone BT 016's they worked great on the track and still seem to be wearing well on the street.

Somebody asked about the subframe on the SD and SDR, I believe they are totally different. I think you can buy a kit to turn your SD into a SDR tailsection, don't remember where I have seen that.

The SDR seat is known to be a real pain in the ass, literally.
I know KTMtwins.com has a Renazaco SDR seat listed on their website.

Ran into a guy at the dealer with an SDR and he had redone his seat, said the stocker was unbearable for him.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #77
jcarlson9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Sd tomarrow

Well should be picking up my 08 sd tomarrow,I'll post some pics when I get it
jcarlson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #78
HMFIC
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlson9
Congrats!!!

I picked up my SDR earlier this month.....
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #79
skrub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
I must have bump my head. Today I saw the 2010 Ducati multistrada at the dealer show. I like it. 150 HP Thinking of trading in the Super Duke. Ya Ok let me have it What do yall think ?
skrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #80
MotoPolack
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Talking 2010 Multi

Looks nice but I will wait a year or two and pickup one on the Ebay with 8k miles for 50% of original price. Still SD looks better.
MotoPolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #81
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrub
I must have bump my head. Today I saw the 2010 Ducati multistrada at the dealer show. I like it. 150 HP Thinking of trading in the Super Duke. Ya Ok let me have it What do yall think ?
Not in Canada yet... gotta wait till the ice floes melt a bit but from the pics and writeups I am thinking the same thing, only it's my GS that may get traded in.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #82
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrub
I'd do it.. I could live with the SD as a second bike, but the MS could
be the perfect do-it-all (not offroad obviously). Can't find a single thing
wrong with it (other then the price).

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #83
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Did you get it yet? You're going to love that bike. I picked up an '08 two months ago at nearly half off of MSRP. I still can't believe the Super Duke can now be had for the price of an SV650. The bike is so smooth and easy to ride it's ridiculous. It's got to be one of the best performance bikes designed for the street (not the track) out there. It has perfect ergos, power, handling, and braking for fast street riding and it's so user friendly I swear it's as easy to ride as my Dad's Versys.......just faster. When I bought mine the one reservation I had was the throttle snatchiness I'd read so much about online. When I actually rode the bike however I found quite the opposite. The throttle response is so smooth and precise it makes the bike an absolute joy to ride in nearly any condition, in town, out of town, country roads, wherever. I had even read one account where a guy said he was fearful just trying to negotiate a parking lot due to the dreaded throttle snatch. He must have been kidding around though because we can't be talking about the same bike. Sorry to ramble on so but again I think you're really going to love this bike!

Since this is my first post here I'd also like to say "Hi" and mention how appreciative I am to be a part of such a great rider's forum!

Sean

Quote:
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #84
jcarlson9
Gnarly Adventurer

new vs old

Quote:
finally got some time to take some photos of my new to 08 sd,the 950 sadly is up for sale its a very cool bike. now time to work on the 990 but its got almost all the stuff it needs
Old 01-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #85
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Both of those bikes look great! What a combination. I've got the touring screen on my SD too. At first I didn't like the look compared to the stock screen but now I think it really suits the bike well. It does seem to offer a bit of relief from the windblast at highway speed too.

Sean
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #86
Rsquared
Echo

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
finally got some time to take some photos of my new to 08 sd,the 950 sadly is up for sale its a very cool bike. now time to work on the 990 but its got almost all the stuff it needs
Jcarlson9, Out of curiosity, how does the SD compare to the 950 SM handling and power? Pro's and Con's of one versus the other.

Thanks,
Old 01-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #87
dogfm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Sd

I had one of the first SD's - preowned by KTM, I bought it with 9,000 miles on it and sold it when it had 22,000 miles on it. I really regretted selling it. The only thing to note is that it's not so good for pillions

I found the fuel injection fine, had 16t sprocket, akras and some carbon. Did three of the Keith Code track schools on it- I was certainly the limiting factor.

Brilliant bike certainly the best so far ..after a year without a KTM I just bought a 950 SMR, the roads here are c*ap so some I'm hoping more suspension travel will help .
dogfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #88
High_Side
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
How do you like the fmf pipes on the Duke?
High_Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #89
jcarlson9
Gnarly Adventurer

Cry fmf

i like the way they fit,and look great,but a bit too loud even with the baffels in,by the way the 950 price has been lowered,must sell it sadly cant keep both
Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #90
withiam
Philogynist

Oddometer: 249
Leo Vince' and re-map

Anyone running Leo Vince slip-on exhaust? Did you re-map using the Akra slip-on map or did you leave it with the stock map. I've been pouring over the thread at www.superduke.net and cannot get a solid answer. It seems that there has been success both ways. A PC111 and custom map is one of the best ways to go but until then I either re-map or not.
My bike is a 2008 bone stock SD.
withiam is offline   Reply With Quote