a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,550
Send 'er over.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #34832
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oh, cool ride to work this morning. In the low to mid 70s. It was so pleasant to ride.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #34833
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,771
well..I am back..after I posted this morning..the power went off, AGAIN! It just came back on abt 4 min ago...now..as you were, I gots to get to work.
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #34834
Radam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Thanks for the welcomes. I went for a little ride out 71 south yesterday just before dark. On the way back I decided to pick up the pace because all I saw was lightning. Still have a couple things I need to play with on the airhead before Barber. Oh yeah, I got it from a guy in Fayetteville. His name was Jud.

That 73 cb750 is a K3. It's not one of the super collectible cb's, but they are getting more and more collectible. If it has a title and runs you should get $1500-2000 pretty easy. (I'm not too sure what the cb market is in your area) If it doesn't have a title and need the carbs cleaned/rebuild, tires, battery, wiring, yada yada you'll probably only get around $500. It really all depends. Sometimes you run into suckers. If you have any wrenchmonkey blood in your veins I'd suggest fixing it up yourself. They're real easy to work on. sohc4.net has a forum that I'm also on that can help you learn anything and everything about those bikes. You may be able to sell it on there too. If it was kept in good shape I'd just change the fluids, put some seafoam in it with some fresh gas and see what happens.

BBBQ isn't really my scene I guess. I usually cruise through, but I just hate going 5' stop roll 5' stop... I live walking distance to Dixson so I just park my bike at home and walk. My favorite part (other than looking at bikes) is the giant turkey legs! I feel like a viking when I eat them. I'm usually drunk by then too.
Radam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #34835
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,900
A milestone of sorts

Well to date I've been walking in the house and doing our stairs once a day to try and get back into some form of shape (whatever that is for me). This morning it's 70* out so I decided to try and do a block or so OUTSIDE.

With several rest stops along the way I made it! Go me!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #34836
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Well to date I've been walking in the house and doing our stairs once a day to try and get back into some form of shape (whatever that is for me). This morning it's 70* out so I decided to try and do a block or so OUTSIDE.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #34837
badmotoscooter
Forever-A-Noob

Oddometer: 49
Arkansas Trail Riders on FB - if you're really, really bored.

Hey everybody, hope you're staying cool...this recent rain should help and has me wanting to hit some dirt. Wanted to let y'all know about a little page on Facebook called Arkansas Trail Riders...give it a look if you have the time. Hopefully, this can become just another avenue for vids, tracks, info, etc. that we can all use and contribute to. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arkan...21966044564004
badmotoscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #34838
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radam View Post
BBBQ isn't really my scene I guess. I usually cruise through, but I just hate going 5' stop roll 5' stop... I live walking distance to Dixson so I just park my bike at home and walk. My favorite part (other than looking at bikes) is the giant turkey legs! I feel like a viking when I eat them. I'm usually drunk by then too.
Yeah the riding part usually sux during BB&BBQ. I ride down a few times each day, and I can always find parking right on Dickson. It's a good time just hanging out and people watching. I'm gonna have to try a turkey leg, I've been meaning too for years now. We go on the hunt for a Philly Cheesteak sammich, there are some great ones from the vendors!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #34839
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Yeah the riding part usually sux during BB&BBQ. I ride down a few times each day, and I can always find parking right on Dickson. It's a good time just hanging out and people watching. I'm gonna have to try a turkey leg, I've been meaning too for years now. We go on the hunt for a Philly Cheesteak sammich, there are some great ones from the vendors!
I only go to look at the women in leather and to judge pavement surfers!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #34840
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

DRZaddict asked if he could camp at my house for BB&BBQ, the only thing he said is to please not tell Doc he is there....wait...oops.....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #34841
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
DRZaddict asked if he could camp at my house for BB&BBQ, the only thing he said is to please not tell Doc he is there....wait...oops.....
not to worry..I had my way with him at SLAP..now it's your turn!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #34842
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Is the angry pirate parade happening this week?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #34843
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
Is the angry pirate parade happening this week?
Nope, not till the end of september....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #34844
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post

like i tell my wife...round is a shape !!! glad to see your getting around Charlie I have made it almost 9 months with no surgeries.I got more body parts hurting but they are just going to have to wait until i save some more money ! This getting old ain't all it's craked up to be.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #34845
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,368
Speeding Ticket

Uh, as far as I know, if you call the number on the ticket to pay it and merely ask about it, they will let you know so long as you don't get another ticket in their county, city (whatever) it doesn't go on your record. So now what kind of value was that $50 if this is a common thing? Make the call yourself, but pay that ticket on time.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote