ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #39211
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Man im ready for a ride! I asked for a week off work for my Xmas present, hope I get it! I'm thinking a ride south to Florida or to Texas to Big Bend is in order.
Sounds good to me depending on what it would cost me and were not talking money No I best not make any plans...as I havent been good at keeping them lately or ever as far as that is concerned. Big Bend do sound good tho
__________________
RIDE SAFE
My main prob in life has been, over thinking, except when I ....ah never mind
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #39212
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
who wants to ride tomorrow?
you might add, "and who can?"

Do I want to ride tomorrow, YES I DO.

Can I ride tomorrow, NO I CAN'T...

next?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #39213
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,791
I thought you were retired Doc?

why cant you ride tomorrow?

let me guess... neighbor needs water?

you have to goto town and get groceries?

you have an appt with a gynecologist?

you are going to a wedding?

you have a flat?
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #39214
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
I thought you were retired Doc?

why cant you ride tomorrow?

let me guess... neighbor needs water?

you have to goto town and get groceries?

you have an appt with a gynecologist?

you are going to a wedding?

you have a flat?
You would think Mrs Sharon would WANT him to go ride all the time! I have a hard time believing she wants him home....LIES!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #39215
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
well..actually, I could ride tomorrow...but I "was" planning on going over to where I have been lumberjackin to roll a log over so I can finish cutting it to get it ready to split..it's gonna require a snatch block and a winch to do it...but I could do that on sunday and ride tomorrow..IF I can find anyone worth riding with that is!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #39216
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
.IF I can find anyone worth riding with that is!
Well I didnt see any offers for anyone that meets that criteria, have fun cuttin wood doc!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #39217
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Well I didnt see any offers for anyone that meets that criteria, have fun cuttin wood doc!
I rest my case! I will be lumberjackin it!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #39218
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 6,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
well..actually, I could ride tomorrow...but I "was" planning on going over to where I have been lumberjackin to roll a log over so I can finish cutting it to get it ready to split..it's gonna require a snatch block and a winch to do it...but I could do that on sunday and ride tomorrow..IF I can find anyone worth riding with that is!
Ride on down here Doc. I can give you your Christmas present and buy you lunch at Wild Horse BBQ:. That is if it won't wear your tires to much.....
__________________
"They bought me a box of tin soldiers. I threw all the Generals away. I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors. Now I play with my Privates all day."
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #39219
OkieTom
Studly Adventurer
 
OkieTom's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Eastern Oklahoma
Oddometer: 632
I am ready for a ride too, I was planning on next week but that fell through. Looks like the second week in January is my next window. Planning on a run to Big Bend........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Man im ready for a ride! I asked for a week off work for my Xmas present, hope I get it! I'm thinking a ride south to Florida or to Texas to Big Bend is in order.
__________________
"If you have to ask,
You wouldn't understand"
2005 1200GS "The Big Red Pig"
OkieTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #39220
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 952
It would be great to ride tomorrow, however, last evening that stomach bug that has been going around, decided to stop by for a visit and I'm here to tell you boys and girls, it has been a miserable 24 hours.

Hopefully Sunday I will be able to get more than 10 feet away from the bathroom.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #39221
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1 View Post
I am ready for a ride too, I was planning on next week but that fell through. Looks like the second week in January is my next window. Planning on a run to Big Bend........
I've been wondering abt you! I thought you packed up and moved to Spain!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #39222
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwizard View Post
It would be great to ride tomorrow, however, last evening that stomach bug that has been going around, decided to stop by for a visit and I'm here to tell you boys and girls, it has been a miserable 24 hours.

Hopefully Sunday I will be able to get more than 10 feet away from the bathroom.
all you had to do was call and I cudda got Ted & Charlie to come over and rub some vicks on your chest! and I'd be there too..holding the camera!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #39223
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
all you had to do was call and I cudda got Ted & Charlie to come over and rub some vicks on your chest! and I'd be there too..holding the camera!
Thanks for your concern, but I'll pass.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #39224
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwizard View Post
Thanks for your concern, but I'll pass.
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #39225
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1 View Post
I am ready for a ride too, I was planning on next week but that fell through. Looks like the second week in January is my next window. Planning on a run to Big Bend........
Hmmmm, keep me posted as it would be january or february before I could go too!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014