Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #39931
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I agree O'jay. The buddy system works. It also drives home the point that "slowing down is ok".
now y'all know why I ride as slow as I do...I have tried in the past to mention to y'all that if you can not see 12 seconds ahead of you, SLOW DOWN! And if on a hill that you can not see over, slow da fawk down and move to the right...if a bubba had been coming the other way tryin to get the front end of his truck off the ground, then we'd all be making plans to attend a funeral..as Charlie said, slowing down is ok.

On the road going to Mossycreeks, there is such a hill or rise on the road. Twice I have narrowly missed having a head on because someone was comming the other way at a fast clip..if I hadn't been following my rule, I would have been taken out by both attempts.

A riding buddy is always good to have, Charlie and Mike are proof of that!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #39932
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,050
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlewall View Post
now y'all know why i ride as slow as i do...i have tried in the past to mention to y'all that if you can not see 12 seconds ahead of you, slow down! And if on a hill that you can not see over, slow da fawk down and move to the right...if a bubba had been coming the other way tryin to get the front end of his truck off the ground, then we'd all be making plans to attend a funeral..as charlie said, slowing down is ok.

On the road going to mossycreeks, there is such a hill or rise on the road. Twice i have narrowly missed having a head on because someone was comming the other way at a fast clip..if i hadn't been following my rule, i would have been taken out by both attempts.

A riding buddy is always good to have, charlie and mike are proof of that!

+1
Old 12-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #39933
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,264
Yep I ride too fast too O'Jay. It's just too much fun. One thing I have learned is to slow down in limited sight situations (think blind corners or steep hills).

Besides, I don't heal like I did when I was 20 years old.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #39934
joenuclear
Planning.....

Thumb

Was someone working on a list of old barns locations? A friend of mine would like to photograph as many as possible before they fade away.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #39935
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Was someone working on a list of old barns locations? A friend of mine would like to photograph as many as possible before they fade away.
I like dem old barns too!
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #39936
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,403
Quote:
I think Doc was looking for old barn info for some file or project he was dabbling with. I know several old barn pics have been posted in the ride report thread but I'm not sure if locations were logged with the pics.

Got the XR out for a bit yesterday Joe. I do like that lil bike.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #39937
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:
Yep I ride too fast too O'Jay. It's just too much fun. One thing I have learned is to slow down in limited sight situations (think blind corners or steep hills).

40+ years ago my older sister taught me to honk the horn as I come to the top of a hill on 2 lane roads. I've scattered herds/flocks/gatherings of turkey, geese, deer, dogs and other creatures including humans that I could have hit by just honking as I near the top of the hill.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #39938
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,347
I ride so dang slow I make ALL of yall look like Travis pastrami.

But I dont figure this is the right time to be giving Oleary any riding advice, or opinions.

Heal fast, ride as you want, and the rest of us need to find, and thank the guy that found Tim in a ditch.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #39939
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Tell Tim I'll be praying for him. I was shocked to hear about his accident. I hope he has a smooth recovery.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #39940
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,301
Quote:
well I had started one but I lost it..I have to start all over agn
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #39941
joenuclear
Planning.....

Quote:

Quote:
40+ years ago my older sister taught me to honk the horn as I come to the top of a hill on 2 lane roads. I've scattered herds/flocks/gatherings of turkey, geese, deer, dogs and other creatures including humans that I could have hit by just honking as I near the top of the hill.
I wasn't referring to Mike's incident. I just thought I'd share and maybe people would quit wondering why I honk.

Anymore info on the barns would be appreciated.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #39942
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
I agree O'jay. The buddy system works. It also drives home the point that "slowing down is ok".
I no understand this thing called "slowing down". Please explain.......

I do always try and ride with enough old farts to rite the pigboat when she wallers. Sometimes I ride with too many.

But I sure appreciate the help!

Looks like this past riding season was lost to Charlie and at least the first part of next season will be lost to Tim. Hopin ya heal fast Tim!
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)

Bell47Pilot screwed with this post 12-25-2011 at 08:01 PM
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #39943
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Oddometer: 914
Get better Tim, you still have a lot of riding miles ahead of you.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #39944
TAPnTX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
He is in NW Hospital in Springdale. Tim lost his spleen, six broken ribs, broken collar bone. He lost two quarts of blood internally. His liver is ok and no brain damage although he was bleeding from his ears.

He told Mile that he just came up over a hill too fast and didn't make the turn in time.
WOW, Get well soon Tim!!!

Todd

09 Kawasaki Versys
TAPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #39945
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47Pilot View Post
I no understand this thing called "slowing down". Please explain.......
It's an evolutionary process that sometimes fails to develop fully in some males of the homo sapiens species. It's primarily a self preservation instinct, but depends heavily on a little known factor called "wisdom". Wisdom has the effect of making the males of the species act with maturity and caution. This normally works on some who decide to let the greater portion of life drift past them unnoticed. Those who fail to develop this "wisdom" tend to have higher levels of testosterone, and continue to produce it to a much later point in life. These individuals are just that, individualists. They embrace life and wrestle it to the ground kicking and screaming. These members of the species often scare the lesser members and are looked up to by younger males in adoration and the females of the species, who generally want to mate with these members in order to pass along superior genetics.
Occassionally the lack of "wisdom" will lead to life altering circumstances which tend to have periods called "recovery". But don't ask them to change, it seldom happens. Change will occur only when the individual accrues some "wisdom". Administered properly wisdom has life enhancing properties which can be used in conjunction with testosterone to keep lesser individuals in awe. It's a wonderful thing.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote