You tried starting the XR lately?
mossycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #40082
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossycreek View Post
I going to go look at a KX65 for Cassie Tomorrow . I will need an open area to let her learn in. My place has way to many rocks and trees for her to get started. If all goes well my whole fam damnly will be hitting the harescrambles for 2012.
Sweet! I wish my son was ready for a 65! We sat on one yesterday and its too big, maybe within the next year or two. I figured a 65 with a Rekluse clutch would be an awesome kid bike! Let me know if you get it, we can meet up out at our track and ride, it's nice and open out there.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #40083
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,623
I use this cheapo handlebar mount GPS case to hold my phone/gps. It works but it has its flaws. I'm thinking that a new tank bag is in my future.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #40084
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
We always had big Owls on our farm, used to sleep windows open cause no air and I would listen to them hoot. Many a cat vanished from that farm, I figure the Owls got a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
What say you guys on Owls in Arkansas? We have lost 3 ducks recently and cant find out whats happening. I've looked everywhere, no feathers, no signs, nothing. My dog came up carrying one of the ducks and it had no neck or head, I'm pretty sure she found it over on our side of the fence already like that. I put up a game cam and havent gotten a pic of anything this week. My parents said they saw a huge owl a while back, so that has me wondering if that owl is nabbing a duck and taking it elsewhere? The ducks that have came up missing are the smaller ones, theyre still fairly big but are smaller than all the rest.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #40085
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Owl > ducks. At least owls serve a purpose in controlling vermin. Ducks just make racket and shit everywhere.
1) How hard it is to get an owl to take up residency?
2) Do owls have a taste for geese?

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...rns-Park-geese

Less than $25k?

I was an advocate of doing a hunt and eat or hunt and donate. I'm not inclined to hunt them but I have no problems controlling a population this way.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #40086
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,081
Laugh

I was in Monroe Michigan one year during the tame Canada goose hunt. There were blinds near every body of water in the city. I saw dead geese dropping onto the Interstate!

The local gubmint said it did the citizens more good than anything else but they weren't about to stop it.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #40087
Elvis70 OP

Geese are pretty but they shit like St. Bernards on a mexican diet.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Old 12-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #40088
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,404
Calling Elvis to the Blue Courtesy phone....

Can you PM me please I've got a car sales question for you.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #40089
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,404
Quote:
Has he fixed the flats?
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #40090
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
I going to go look at a KX65 for Cassie Tomorrow . I will need an open area to let her learn in. My place has way to many rocks and trees for her to get started. If all goes well my whole fam damnly will be hitting the harescrambles for 2012.
Wait a second! Forget my earlier post about how cool the 65's are! I have a near mint KTM 50SX that Cassie needs! It runs great, only ridden to the mailbox and back by a little old lady!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #40091
Elvis70 OP

PM, and first peace of advise is don't buy an orange car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Calling Elvis to the Blue Courtesy phone....

Can you PM me please I've got a car sales question for you.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #40092
Elvis70 OP

Speaking of cars. At the last breakfast I said I was going to buy a Prius. I drove this nice used one. I ended up driving some other cars and then decided to buy it, it was leaving as we headed back to the used store. Been on the lot 90 days and sold out from under me. No biggee they had another one loaded but not as clean, but the doctor and old lady just dinged it a bit, but they bought it new, serviced, and traded it back in at the auto park. We were $500 apart on the car and I walked. I ended up deciding not to buy one. I am going to just drive the Outback till at least 150k like the last 2 I owned.

Try as I might I have not bought a car from a dealer, other than 2 from my brother when he still was in the business, since I was in the car business at the age of 25. Once you been on that side of the fence you just can't pay what they want. I always end up with private party cars at way cheaper prices. I may buy brand new next time though. I did find a Honda Fit that Justin had at Subaru and the money was right on it. I couldn't trade my in though, you never win with a dealer if you trade one in. Never. I decided the fit was too noisy for my long commute. Wind noise mostly and seats not plush enough. If I didn't commute a million miles I loved the car. Very versatile use of space and good mileage combined with fun to drive.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #40093
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

I agree it's tough to buy a new car Elvis, but there are some screaming deals out there right now! I've been browsing Chevy 1/2 ton Silverados and they are $10k to $12 off sticker, thats a smokin deal! If I werent worried that 1/2 ton wouldnt pull my tractor and camper I'd be all over one for the smoother ride and better fuel mileage than my truck.

Good on you for walking away from the deal you werent happy with, I've learned to step back and think about it as I'll usually change my mind!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #40094
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,717
Quote:
yep..till I was blue in the face!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #40095
Elvis70 OP

You should wait for the half ton diesels to arrive Ted. Ford and Chevy should have them out in the next year or two, I bet they will tow your stuff and you could actually get double digit mileage. Those heavy duty trucks do ride like covered wagons when unloaded don't they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
I agree it's tough to buy a new car Elvis, but there are some screaming deals out there right now! I've been browsing Chevy 1/2 ton Silverados and they are $10k to $12 off sticker, thats a smokin deal! If I werent worried that 1/2 ton wouldnt pull my tractor and camper I'd be all over one for the smoother ride and better fuel mileage than my truck.

Good on you for walking away from the deal you werent happy with, I've learned to step back and think about it as I'll usually change my mind!