Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #40216
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
Happy New Year to one and all, wish all of you a safe and peaceful new year
Had a great meal and ride today. Sitting here watching Top Gear and playing the guitar. won't make it till midnight see ya' next year ! Njoytheride
Mouth is bringing his geetar tomorrow, and I'm gonna maybe bring mine. We may find the need to entertain them Messican folks.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #40217
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,382
Happy new year!!

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #40218
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,437
happy new year!
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:46 PM   #40219
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,154
Yay! We made it to another the new year...!
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #40220
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,665
boorp
Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #40221
JV
What?

Oddometer: 583
Morning and Happy New Year. a1fa you just getting in or getting up?

I thought about riding over to Oark to meet up with Doc and them but procrastinated too long for that one but did get in a nice 75 mile late afternoon ride and made it back home at sundown.

Nice to be able to ride on the last day of the year in this kind of weather. I remember a few years ago my last ride of the year ended in totalling out my Valkyrie and going home with a broken collar bone.

JV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #40222
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,415
I am home!

Six days in the hospital but I'm a home in my recliner today! Three days in ICU, three days in a regular room. I have read thru the BS Thread and I want you all to know that I so appreciate all or your concern and prayers. I know that is why I spent as little time as I did in the hospital. Thanks to everyone that stopped in to visit as well. It was a lift to see each and evvery one of you. It is always good to see comrades in the AR DS family.

To sum up the extent of my injuries, ruptured spleen, six briken ribs, broken clavicle and collor bone. Other than that I am in pretty good shape. My right lung collapsed a bit from the impact, hit hard on my left side, and it took a while to clear all of the fluid from my lungs but left the hospital yesterday with a 97% lung capacity. The Good Lord was definetly looking out for me.

All of this caused by some inattentiveness on my part, and a sharp downhille right hand curve. I feel like a moron for letting something like this happen just out for a Sunday ride, but I guess it is all meant for a reason. A good time to reflect and assess and carry on with hopefully a life lesson learned. All I remember was topping this blind knob and the picture of a fairly steep down hill right hand turn and me applying the brakes. I most undoubtedly put in too much rear brake and the rear end came out from under me.

I will post up some pics of the day of the scene of the accident and the bike and such in the ride report thread as soon as the Mrs. brings my camera up from the truck. I wanted to let you all know I was home so you wouldn't go to the hospital today thinking I was there.

So long for now and Happy New Year! everybody.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #40223
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Awesome news Tim, and I'm mighty glad to hear it. Recovery happens a lot quicker at home than the hospital.

Now, We need a home addy so we can bring ya some tamales after lunch today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Six days in the hospital but I'm a home in my recliner today! Three days in ICU, three days in a regular room. I have read thru the BS Thread and I want you all to know that I so appreciate all or your concern and prayers. I know that is why I spent as little time as I did in the hospital. Thanks to everyone that stopped in to visit as well. It was a lift to see each and evvery one of you. It is always good to see comrades in the AR DS family.

To sum up the extent of my injuries, ruptured spleen, six briken ribs, broken clavicle and collor bone. Other than that I am in pretty good shape. My right lung collapsed a bit from the impact, hit hard on my left side, and it took a while to clear all of the fluid from my lungs but left the hospital yesterday with a 97% lung capacity. The Good Lord was definetly looking out for me.

All of this caused by some inattentiveness on my part, and a sharp downhille right hand curve. I feel like a moron for letting something like this happen just out for a Sunday ride, but I guess it is all meant for a reason. A good time to reflect and assess and carry on with hopefully a life lesson learned. All I remember was topping this blind knob and the picture of a fairly steep down hill right hand turn and me applying the brakes. I most undoubtedly put in too much rear brake and the rear end came out from under me.

I will post up some pics of the day of the scene of the accident and the bike and such in the ride report thread as soon as the Mrs. brings my camera up from the truck. I wanted to let you all know I was home so you wouldn't go to the hospital today thinking I was there.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #40224
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,246
That is the best news ive heard all year Tim!

I hope you can actually get some rest now that you are home, I know how UNrestful the ICU can be.

Quote:

Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #40225
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,246
anyone remeber the opening riff for la bamba?

IM headed home in an hour to snag my trailer, and a splitting axe, then to lunch to eat a torta, taunt Elvis, and pass this geetar off to Ojay, then back to the lake to split and trailer up this pile of firewood i cut yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Mouth is bringing his geetar tomorrow, and I'm gonna maybe bring mine. We may find the need to entertain them Messican folks.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #40226
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,144
You're home already? I was planning a trip up to see you with camera in hand of you in your hosp gown!

Glad you are home and STILL HERE with us!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #40227
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,665
Welcome back hoss.. You got us worried there for a second.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #40228
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,713
Sure glad you're home Tim, been praying for ya.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #40229
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,490
Quote:
Six days in the hospital but I'm a home in my recliner today!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #40230
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,444
Shot some fireworks last night and had a good ole time!