ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #41866
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,638
I wish I was closer id like to help ( watch and learn) since ive still got to do mine but have been putting it off.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
I'm pulling the rear swingarm off to replace the pivot bearings and one pivot pin. The ones in there now have just over 70K on them. I've also gotta check the pivot bearings and ball joint on the front end. Just doing a little well deserved TLC for the old buggy.

I'm bad tempted to go to Bentonville BMW and take a drool at the new R1200GS Rallye. It's purdy!
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #41867
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,450
Some of y'all know we have a Mardi Gras Celebration here in Eureka. Well, Scotty is the King of Mardis Gras this year....A great choice. See the video interview HERE.

All hail the King! Long live the King!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #41868
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,638
The kids and i ski, but we certainly are not good at it, we would not be able to fully appreciate a good pair of skis Gus.. haha

Son likes the wake board more, and My knees suck so bad I can only ski about 5 minutes before im ready to drag myself back into the boat.

My dad is the better water skier out of all of us to be honest, and he does it about once every decade.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
At least this would cut down on the tax need to fund it, all those stands would be self supporting. Are we talking 'drive through?'

Aside:
Mouth, you or anyone else into water skiing? I have some cool antique water skis that need a home.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #41869
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
I wish I was closer id like to help ( watch and learn) since ive still got to do mine but have been putting it off.
It's easy enough to do Matt. You'll need to rent/borrow a bearing puller. Makes getting the old bearings out of the swingarm and punkin a lot easier.

Order up the parts you need and we'll pick a Saturday. I'll come over and walk you through it. Maybe even have a quasi tech/BS/beer drinkin' session in yer garage.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #41870
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Speaking of, my brake failure light is on. The abs isn't working for some reason, it doesn't really bother me as I hated the abs and always switched it off while riding but I still wonder why its not working all of a sudden. Ill probably pull the tank and check the abs connections soon just for the heck of it.
My rear brake failed yesterday too! About half way back I had nothing. Guess I will have to sort that before I go on the next ride.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #41871
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,638
I will certainly take you up on that, finding a weekend to devote is the hard part.

i have a stick of nylatron 6/6 I intended to have a buddy cut the bushings from for me, but thats an old forgotten about project that I need to re-research and re-assume.

it sucks to be busy and forgetful.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #41872
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Some of y'all know we have a Mardi Gras Celebration here in Eureka. Well, Scotty is the King of Mardis Gras this year....A great choice. See the video interview HERE.

All hail the King! Long live the King!
Too Cool. Go Scotty!

Though being from south LA I have to say that any other Mardi Gras celebrations are mere replicas of the authentic item.

We may have to make a stroll over that way to see the parade. Doc, you gonna dress up and prowl around?
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #41873
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,838
You made a flat statement in this post I responded to.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=41826

You made no qualifiers. <--------
You may claim that you were only referring to you & Elvis' comments about center medians, which were claiming we should all pay to protect the stupid & inept. (that is not what you did, you just made a statement ) I am cool with that.

I was just letting you know that I disagree.

Also, I never make silly assumptions about peoples reactions and never stand around as a still target because I know how fast peoples minds can change just after a sudden experience in the other shoes that they had no previous experience with.

Like Joe alluded to, you really don't know until you actually do it or live it so to speak.

All that said, just remember my idea of safety gear is a pair of socks............ he he he


Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Yep, and I would as well.

To think that I would not protect my own is a foolish assumption.

we were speaking about a cable across an interstate and how to fund it though, not defending against a personal attack.
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #41874
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,638
gus, my remark basically meant:

I do not feel qualified to judge someones else's intelligence or worthiness to provide safety for them or not.

Since it seems that you were less inclined to be worried about someones safety if they are 'stupid'

I understand you disagree and do not wish to spend any of YOUR money on anything that might possibly benefit anyone that you personally, do not deem worthy.

I was saying, I dont make that distinction, since I do not feel qualified to do so.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
You made a flat statement in this post I responded to.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=41826

You made no qualifiers. <--------
You may claim that you were only referring to you & Elvis' comments about center medians, which were claiming we should all pay to protect the stupid & inept. (that is not what you did, you just made a statement ) I am cool with that.

I was just letting you know that I disagree.

Also, I never make silly assumptions about peoples reactions and never stand around as a still target because I know how fast peoples minds can change just after a sudden experience in the other shoes that they had no previous experience with.

Like Joe alluded to, you really don't know until you actually do it or live it so to speak.

All that said, just remember my idea of safety gear is a pair of socks............ he he he
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #41875
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Too Cool. Go Scotty!

Though being from south LA I have to say that any other Mardi Gras celebrations are mere replicas of the authentic item.

We may have to make a stroll over that way to see the parade. Doc, you gonna dress up and prowl around?
I almost did not recognize Scotty all clean shaven an stuff.

I won't comment on the get-up.
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #41876
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,450
If you like music when you ride here is a great DEAL

Yeah, yeah...it's an apple product....sheesh
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #41877
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
I won't comment on the get-up.
He's actually underdressed when compared to the folks in Nawlins.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #41878
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,838
They are not that good LOL. I refinished them and have a travel sack made for them. A regular set & one slalom. Think you or your Dad would want them for conversation starters or to actually use? The price is right. Hang them at your lake house??


Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
The kids and i ski, but we certainly are not good at it, we would not be able to fully appreciate a good pair of skis Gus.. haha

Son likes the wake board more, and My knees suck so bad I can only ski about 5 minutes before im ready to drag myself back into the boat.

My dad is the better water skier out of all of us to be honest, and he does it about once every decade.

__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #41879
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,638
Id certainly take them and hang them, or use them, if you are sure there is not someone more deserving of them.

Bring them up when you come next, if you want, Ill trade you a lunch for them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
They are not that good LOL. I refinished them and have a travel sack made for them. A regular set & one slalom. Think you or your Dad would want them for conversation starters or to actually use? The price is right. Hang them at your lake house??
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #41880
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
If you like music when you ride here is a great DEAL

Yeah, yeah...it's an apple product....sheesh
Lets me out, I like to hear what is going on. IMO, riding a mosickle is not the time to be laying back & tuning out. YMMV

I would have been hurt bad over the years if I had not heard my mosickle talking to me about what was about to go boom.

Same for my flying...... Just sayin.....
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014