Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #43306
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
I woke up ok in the middle of the night and hacked up something I spit down the drain that will probably end up living in a swamp somewhere and eating tourists.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #43307
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,447
Home agin!

Just got in from St. Louis, yet again. Had another CT scan to check on the livers growth. Apparently it's going like planned, surgery is set up for March 20th. Ray, could you bring me a beer and some fries on the 21st please?

Dizzer Charlie and Ray had both suggested eating some time at an area called "The Hill", know for Italian cuisine. I heartily endorse their endorsements. We ate at a restaurant called Gian-Tony's. Awesome food. I had chicken cannelonni, which was flavourful and artfully prepared. Kathe had the house fettuccine, which was prepared with shrimp and mushrooms. Both were done with a white wine sauce with a touch of marinara added for flavour and colour. The wait staff were attentive without being intrusive and the atmosphere of the place was subdued and peaceful. Well worth the money spent for the meal. I will make another trip to The Hill to sample some of the other eateries scattered about.

Since surgery is in roughly 3 weeks I guess I better get some more saddle time in before I'm grounded by the surgeon. He says recovery will still take app 6 weeks, I told him I looked forward to proving him wrong. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through ride reports and BS.

I reckon I need to go see when the next brekkie is, and where...

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #43308
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,417
Wow, great news Jay, glad everything is going as planned. Glad you enjoyed the food too! That's the neighborhood I grew up in.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #43309
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,834
I like your 'tude' OJay....

Mouth, I'll try for Bud Kidd next run if it is not too many miles outside my comfort zone.... I am steadily expanding on the zone but you know, one step at a time...
Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #43310
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Ojay make a trip to Johnny's in St. Louis. I don't know if it will make your liver grow but the waitresses sure make my man muscle plump up. Food is good too.

http://johnnysinsoulard.com/
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #43311
ozarkrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Wow, great news Jay, glad everything is going as planned. Glad you enjoyed the food too! That's the neighborhood I grew up in.
Way cool Charlie. There are soooo many places in there to eat. I'm gonna hunt up a Mom & Pop place next. We also spent about an hour driving around Forest Park. That's a really big place.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #43312
ozarkrider

Quote:
Ojay make a trip to Johnny's in St. Louis. I don't know if it will make your liver grow but the waitresses sure make my man muscle plump up. Food is good too.

http://johnnysinsoulard.com/
My muscle plumper usually travels with me. But I reckon it wouldn't hurt to prime things up a bit.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #43313
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Just got in from St. Louis, yet again. Had another CT scan to check on the livers growth. Apparently it's going like planned, surgery is set up for March 20th. Ray, could you bring me a beer and some fries on the 21st please?

Dizzer Charlie and Ray had both suggested eating some time at an area called "The Hill", know for Italian cuisine. I heartily endorse their endorsements. We ate at a restaurant called Gian-Tony's. Awesome food. I had chicken cannelonni, which was flavourful and artfully prepared. Kathe had the house fettuccine, which was prepared with shrimp and mushrooms. Both were done with a white wine sauce with a touch of marinara added for flavour and colour. The wait staff were attentive without being intrusive and the atmosphere of the place was subdued and peaceful. Well worth the money spent for the meal. I will make another trip to The Hill to sample some of the other eateries scattered about.

Since surgery is in roughly 3 weeks I guess I better get some more saddle time in before I'm grounded by the surgeon. He says recovery will still take app 6 weeks, I told him I looked forward to proving him wrong. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through ride reports and BS.

I reckon I need to go see when the next brekkie is, and where...
O Jay you need to try a place called Vin de set or something like that a Chauteu for dinner some nice night while in St. Louis. It a little newer since Sir Charlies left town. Oh next time you go to the hill I should send some cash and have you buy me some prosciutto ends and pieces over at Volpi.

You and Billy W can share some bench racing stories as he is in for a few surgeries this year and going to miss a bit of riding. You may need to come hang out in NWA once Fri night dinner rides start so you can visit and egg each other on in the recovery processes. I planning on you both recovering well and quickly so I have some good leads for some rides this year.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #43314
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
a reputation has been built around me and I have to help maintain it, and there really is no effort involved..lucky me, eh?
Well Doc last time I razzed you I was think I should be nice and but Matt or Glen's name in there on the recommended arse position comment to Ted but I don't think they appreciate the love of our razzing as much. Next time I will give it a try and see if Matt stops talkn to me on Wednesday.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #43315
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Where is the sunshine?
Just look up at Tinks Avatar, Ok technically thats more of a shining moon, but the moon is reflecting the sunshine and it brings a smile to my face.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #43316
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Well Doc last time I razzed you I was think I should be nice and but Matt or Glen's name in there on the recommended arse position comment to Ted but I don't think they appreciate the love of our razzing as much. Next time I will give it a try and see if Matt stops talkn to me on Wednesday.
Razz Doc? I can't imagine....
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #43317
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,417
Rigazzis is the the best eatery on the Hill. Great food in the old tradition. Charlie Gittos is also very good and the pricing is pretty reasonable (my old boss...don't ask). Gian-Tony's is where you ate I think.

Also, if you want the best sub sandwich you have EVER eaten or will EVER eat try Amighetti's Bakery and Cafe this is absolutely the best you will have anywhere.

Martha and I lived across from the Zoo (yeah I know it's appropriate) for a few years. What a great place to live.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #43318
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Just look up at Tinks Avatar, Ok technically thats more of a shining moon, but the moon is reflecting the sunshine and it brings a smile to my face.
You are smarter than you look..... I will subscribe to your news ;letter....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #43319
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,258
Quote:
Well I got my sinus coctail shot in the ass (he used lube) and a z-pack. Honestly going to the gym made feel better than anything. I think I took too much drugs last night, I went to bed shivering and my teeth chattering. I woke up ok in the middle of the night and hacked up something I spit down the drain that will probably end up living in a swamp somewhere and eating tourists.
Dude that's what happened to me last night, sitting here watching tv about 10pm and just started shivering! That was a long night, I was cold, then hot..miserable. I got antibiotics, cough pills and nighttime cough med so hopefully tonight is better. Hope you get well soon.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #43320
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,598
I did not realize an antibiotic would fix a virus?
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote