Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #43336
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,132
Or Blueberry Hill where Chuck Berry jams once a month or used to...food prob no good tho but Blues?????
Glad to here your doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Just got in from St. Louis, yet again. Had another CT scan to check on the livers growth. Apparently it's going like planned, surgery is set up for March 20th. Ray, could you bring me a beer and some fries on the 21st please?

Dizzer Charlie and Ray had both suggested eating some time at an area called "The Hill", know for Italian cuisine. I heartily endorse their endorsements. We ate at a restaurant called Gian-Tony's. Awesome food. I had chicken cannelonni, which was flavourful and artfully prepared. Kathe had the house fettuccine, which was prepared with shrimp and mushrooms. Both were done with a white wine sauce with a touch of marinara added for flavour and colour. The wait staff were attentive without being intrusive and the atmosphere of the place was subdued and peaceful. Well worth the money spent for the meal. I will make another trip to The Hill to sample some of the other eateries scattered about.

Since surgery is in roughly 3 weeks I guess I better get some more saddle time in before I'm grounded by the surgeon. He says recovery will still take app 6 weeks, I told him I looked forward to proving him wrong. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through ride reports and BS.

I reckon I need to go see when the next brekkie is, and where...
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #43337
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Rigazzis is the the best eatery on the Hill. Great food in the old tradition. Charlie Gittos is also very good and the pricing is pretty reasonable (my old boss...don't ask). Gian-Tony's is where you ate I think.

Also, if you want the best sub sandwich you have EVER eaten or will EVER eat try Amighetti's Bakery and Cafe this is absolutely the best you will have anywhere.

Martha and I lived across from the Zoo (yeah I know it's appropriate) for a few years. What a great place to live.
South? heard it was common to hear gun fire in that area someplace so you should have been right at home
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #43338
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Dude that's what happened to me last night, sitting here watching tv about 10pm and just started shivering! That was a long night, I was cold, then hot..miserable. I got antibiotics, cough pills and nighttime cough med so hopefully tonight is better. Hope you get well soon.
You need to run a temp and burn that shit out!!!
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #43339
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Looks like a 61 to me.
Agreed
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #43340
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
yeah if that junk hangs out long enough, that comes too, it sucks.
I had a quack dr a few years back, Id go see him, and I got tired of hearing the same old advice " get some rest, take a few days off"

he would always say " its viral, you just need rest"

I always wanted to say " jackass, can YOU take 3 days off from life? because I cant, gimme some damn pills"

hahaha

I feel better today, but still got some sniffle in the nose, and such, I really think its allergies, the pollen counts and everything are high. It sucks though, wonderful weather outside, and not feeling 100%
'
if you and Elvis dont get better soon, maybe we need a Teepee with a smudge fire, and some steam, maybe a medicine man named Doc?
For me it's definitely allergies. I'm taking a cocktail of Zyrtec D, Claritin, and Zantac 150. Apparently, Zantac is not only an acid reducer, but it's got an antihistamine that the other 2 don't have. Go figure.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #43341
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,048
63?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #43342
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,298
yep, the zirtec works well for me, but wife hates it when I take it, she says it makes me irritable.

I contend that it is HER that makes me irritable, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
For me it's definitely allergies. I'm taking a cocktail of Zyrtec D, Claritin, and Zantac 150. Apparently, Zantac is not only an acid reducer, but it's got an antihistamine that the other 2 don't have. Go figure.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #43343
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,823
When I first saw it I guessed a 59 but was told it is a 1960..... He is doing a great job, the picture does not do it justice.
Thanks for playin guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Guys fixin my Blazer are also doin this:
Guess the year....

Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #43344
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,226
Mornin fellers

late nite for me last nite..Raintona Firehundred wrapped up at midnite last nite..took all I had to hang in there
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #43345
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Mornin fellers

late nite for me last nite..Raintona Firehundred wrapped up at midnite last nite..took all I had to hang in there
I fell asleep on the couch waitin for the clean-up.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #43346
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Morn'n dudes. At the risk of being severely chastised for putting plane pictures on the motorcycle web site I wanted to post a few I ran across during my moving deal. Long story short my first plane was a Mooney 205 which comes stock with a 4 cyl two blade prop and is kind of like driving a corvette as say compared to a Beach Bonanza etc. Anyway I put a six cylinder IO550 in it with 300 hp and a three blade prop. Hocheee Momma. It would cruise at 177 knots. Anyway my oldest Grandson really liked to fly with Grandpa. Here are a few shots of that. The really neat thing about this is that he is now in college at OSU studying Aeronautical Engineering and is going for his first solo flight today. Getting his pilots license as part of his schooling. All very cool in Grandpa's opinion of course. Hope you don't mind my sharing this with you. Have a good one.

10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #43347
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Morn'n dudes. At the risk of being severely chastised for putting plane pictures on the motorcycle web site I wanted to post a few I ran across during my moving deal. Long story short my first plane was a Mooney 205 which comes stock with a 4 cyl two blade prop and is kind of like driving a corvette as say compared to a Beach Bonanza etc. Anyway I put a six cylinder IO550 in it with 300 hp and a three blade prop. Hocheee Momma. It would cruise at 177 knots. Anyway my oldest Grandson really liked to fly with Grandpa. Here are a few shots of that. The really neat thing about this is that he is now in college at OSU studying Aeronautical Engineering and is going for his first solo flight today. Getting his pilots license as part of his schooling. All very cool in Grandpa's opinion of course. Hope you don't mind my sharing this with you. Have a good one.

Good stuff Mike. That's quite a hop-up to the Mooney. Really brings home the fact that I learned to fly in a '49 Ercoupe.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #43348
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,226
I miss the days when I was flying...it was fun..but I have moved on...but I do miss it
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #43349
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,823
Great pictures Mike.
I had never known that you could STC that much engine into a Money like yours. What a great plane it must have been.

You do like to go fast don't ya? Bawahahaha

I'm still a still a Comanche guy but Dad had a 69 Exec. for a while and when my neck could stand the bend I would fly it. I loved the mechanical gear.

Jay, I was around 'copes' a lot but never go to fly one. Always did think they were cool.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #43350
Redburn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Nice Mooney. Got any pics of the stearman in the background.