Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #43831
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
Never ridden a bike with ABS but if I had it I would use it on pavement. Make a amature break like a pro, make a pro out break himself.

I used massive trail breaking to pass faster motorcycles under breaking so I think it would of been great on my
ZR-7. By massive trail breaking I mean front suspension fully compressed and near lock all the way to the apex. Rear fed in slowly after full front application.
Had it on a harley, it was OK for wet roads unless you needed to slide the rear. just like in dirt there are times you need to over ride it but you didn't have the option.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #43832
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,465
Sitting in our room waiting for the car movement to leave my body and having a glass of wine. Life is good. Y'all keep workin so I can afford to take more trips...
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #43833
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
OUCH! I just got the call from Bentonville BMW on why my "brake failure" light is on, ABS pump failure to the tune of $1,800 for the part! Fortunately he has worked on a few of the units and thinks he may be able to repair it. It turns out only the 2007 models have this failure as they fixed the part in 2008, that figures. It's a shame BMW doesnt stand behind their product better, espescially since it's a known problem.

I had the bike for sale before the stupid light came on, and I took it off the market because I wasnt comfortable selling it when it wasnt 100%. Hopefully they will get it lined out. Either way I never leave the ABS on when I ride it so It doesnt bother me, but I still like everything working as it should.
That definitely hurts. What about making it ABS free or can you not do that on the 07s?

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #43834
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,465
Quote:
This Baja report looked fun! I'd love to camp at the hot springs place.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769730
Maybe you could invite Doc to go, he could scrub your back and massage your tired muscles.....just sayin
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #43835
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1w1t1m View Post
That definitely hurts. What about making it ABS free or can you not do that on the 07s?
I hit him up about just ditching the abs module and installing hard lines to make it non-abs, he thought it would be pretty pricey. I believe some of the wiring goes through that abs module for the tailight etc also.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #43836
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Well we made it to coastal Georgia, now for for a great seafood meal.

Charlie
I HATE you! Post up some pics of the seafood!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #43837
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Had it on a harley, it was OK for wet roads unless you needed to slide the rear. just like in dirt there are times you need to over ride it but you didn't have the option.
I could see where that could have it's downside. I think the average rider would be saved more often than harmed by it, but I would need to ride it a bit to see for sure. Harlelys should come with training wheels don't you think?

I tell you though the rear slipper clutch on high end sports bikes like the Aprillia is amazing. Anybody can downshift like a pro and can't see where you would ever want the rear to lock up cause you downshifted too soon for the grip provided.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #43838
Elvis70 OP

Charlie I hear the Atlantic coast split fish is awesome.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Old 03-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #43839
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,962
Quote:
I HATE you! Post up some pics of the seafood!!!
there's only two things in the world that smell like fish and one of them is fish!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #43840
Elvis70 OP

Gents I am off to work tomorrow morning so don't know when I will post up again. Only gone a week so you guys won't miss me too much. Be home for 2 after that, and hopefully my bike will be ready to ride again.

Till next time.............
Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #43841
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
Gents I am off to work tomorrow morning so don't know when I will post up again. Only gone a week so you guys won't miss me too much. Be home for 2 after that, and hopefully my bike will be ready to ride again.

Till next time.............
Sounds good elvis, let's ride when ya get home. Have a safe trip.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #43842
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,104
Be careful Daron. Another someone special is counting on you. [And I don't mean Doc.]
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #43843
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,962
Quote:
Sounds good elvis, let's ride when ya get home..
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #43844
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Mornin' Y'all.

Got a call from my cancer Doc on Monday afternoon, said he needed to see me. I figured it's because he hasn't seen me since December and wanted to do some checking up, especially since I've got insurance that needs milking.
I trot into his office yesterday, go through all the vital sign stuff, and settle into an examination room. The requisite 10 minutes go by and here he comes.
First words outta his mouth; "Dr. Linnehan called me from St. Louis yesterday. Your tumours have grown and they can't do surgery."
You've gotta be kidding! Is this circus ever gonna leave town?
So, today I get to start riding the chemo pony again. I'm starting to lose confidence in the boy genius from St. Louis. This is the third time I've had surgery scheduled and the third time it's been put off due to "something we found after you left."
On the plus side, DaMoron and I get to take the mancation over spring break.

Having cancer sure is an interesting thing. Ain't been bored, that's for sure.
Hang tough OJay.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #43845
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Big C

I have yet to meet you Ojay, sorry to hear the news, sounds like you have one of the best things going for you. A positive attitude, hope you can kick it to the side real soon.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote