User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #45211
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,130
Awright boys & goys

It's bedtime. We're going camping tomorrow night. Gotta get up early tomorrow and enjoy the free time off. See ya.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #45212
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 28,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Yeah I've got a ranger..would love to go but an tied up tomorrow with work, and sat and sun with easter. That's a pretty long atv ride isn't it?
abt 30 miles one way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I'll help, just gimme a time.
hmmm..I'll hafta get back to ya on that one...since the 4 wheeler is much slower than the XR, gonna take longer to get there..and if I leave here at 9am, baring any mechanical issues, should put me on Warloop between 11 and 12pm..lets shoot for that! and never mind the get back to ya comment
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #45213
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,060
Damn Matt I'm proud of you, most fans I've heard are saying it doesnt matter, who cares as long as we win, AND my favorite "he was setup"! hahahaa.

Theres more to it, WTF is a "previous affair"? I mean he got caught 4 days ago, having a "current" affair. I mthink there is more to it still or more wemminz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
that is much less my issue, more so I am concerned about poor decision making, inability to ride a bike, and the fact that he was soaking up all of that sympathy, and well wishes when people thought he was injured in this 'crash'

I figured he wasnt hurt at all in the crash, his wife probably whooped his ass.

his face looks like it got hit with a skillet more so than a windshield.

damnit Bobby, the last few years I wanted to shake his hand and thank him for making it fun once again to be a hog fan.

That feeling is not real strong today.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #45214
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Oh come on, He's no more a role model then Charles Barkley. He is actually paid to win games. The fact is, he could be a perfect saint, and would be fired in a heartbeat if he didn't win games. And your right, his wife and kids probably do care, but I don't. All I care about is to see that Natty come to AR. I may not have morals, but I got pride.
Awww C'mon Albie. I mean if he wants to be single and do that I'm fine and dandy with it, heck I'd be the first to give him a high five. He is in fact a coach to these students, and IMO needs to be a role model. I dont care what anyone does behind closed doors, but when you're in the spotlight you better be squeaky clean.

The jokes on the radio are hilarious though! I was roling when they said best advice of the day is..."dont dip your pen in company ink"
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #45215
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 7,598
Sorry, but the day of the college athlete is over. These kids aren't at school to be molded into better human beings, they are there to win. This is a business and nothing more. The business is winning. Rick Pitino went through a scandal just like this a few years ago and there he was coaching Louisville in the final 4 last month. Heck these days colleges don't even pretend to be anything but an athletics factory. Calipari and Kentucky flaunted the one and done program all the way to a NCAA championship this year. The kids aren't there to get an education, they're there to win games.

Squeaky clean? Les Miles and Nick Saban aren't squeaky clean, but they win national championships and that's the only thing that matters. Those championships translate into more money.

The University of Texas football program posted the highest earnings in 2010 for NCAA Div 1 teams at almost $69 Million! The UofA made $26.5 mil, that ranked 17th in the NCAA. There are over 100 teams and the little ole UofA in poor assed Arkansas finished in the top 20 in earnings in the country. The reason they finished that high? Bobby Petrino.

Is it right, no, but that's what college sports has become, just another professional business to make money and so long as you don't cheat to get an advantage, or break the law, then everything else is pretty much acceptable, just like any other business. The donating alumni are your stock holders. The more you win, the more they donate. None of this is going to change.

In the end, Petrino may lose his job, but the reason will be because he lied to his boss. Not because he cheated on his wife. It won't have anything to do with morality although it may be painted that way. There is no morality in college sports, there's only win loss columns.

Albie screwed with this post 04-06-2012 at 07:53 AM
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #45216
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 14,409
I agree with you mostly Albie.

I work here, and I have the argument daily, between sports and academics..

BUT,I think, if he gets fired, it will be because of crooked hiring practice, or choosing her over a more qualified applicant because of her other "uses"

Charter member: T.O. club.

Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #45217
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 7,598
Quote:
I agree with you mostly Albie.

I work here, and I have the argument daily, between sports and academics..

BUT,I think, if he gets fired, it will be because of crooked hiring practice, or choosing her over a more qualified applicant because of her other "uses"

The chance of lawsuits from other people that applied for the job will play heavily on the decision. Let's face it, there's no room for morality when the law and especially when lawyers sniffing for a big pay day is involved.

Those lawsuits can still happen regardless if Petrino's there or not unfortunately. The U of A is the real loser in all this. Pretty much a lose/lose situation.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #45218
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

she is 25, with an MBA, hopefully no one else was over looked with better qualifications.
also, this assumes the job was even publicly posted, that doesnt always happen.

right now campus legal is likely very busy.

Quote:
The chance of lawsuits from other people that applied for the job will play heavily on the decision. Let's face it, there's no room for morality when the law and especially when lawyers sniffing for a big pay day is involved.

Those lawsuits can still happen regardless if Petrino's there or not unfortunately. The U of A is the real loser in all this. Pretty much a lose/lose situation.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #45219
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

And thats why I hate team sports and the fans Albie, it's disgusting to me. Back in the day team sports were pretty prestigious, not these days apparently!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #45220
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
she is 25, with an MBA, hopefully no one else was over looked with better qualifications.
I think I heard on the news she was the runner up for the job, there may still be more scandal to come out.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #45221
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

nah its still fun Ted.

the money and excitement that athletics bring to the university are incredible, they are totally self funded, and give lots back to the students.

It is a good thing for the state, and for the students.
Thats why i hate it when some guy cant keep his old willie put away, and tarnishes it.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #45222
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
In the end, Petrino may lose his job, but the reason will be because he lied to his boss. Not because he cheated on his wife. It won't have anything to do with morality although it may be painted that way. There is no morality in college sports, there's only win loss columns.
I agree with that also, the boss is pissed. I didnt say he should be fired for cheating or his morals, I just hate scumbags.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #45223
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Looks like Bobby has made the "perfect line" section.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779372
Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #45224
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,505
I feel sorry for Petrino. Maybe if his wife didn't work him so hard and paid more attention to personal needs, he wouldn't have stepped out on her. I don't blame him for neglecting his kids, lying to his superiors and abandoning a potentially injured woman to get his poor self to the hospital. This man is here to win games and he is vitally more important than his supporting cast. If his wife had recognized her role, none of this would have happened. Go Hogs Go...

nlp
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #45225
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,735
New sig mouth

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote