User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #46741
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Well

Here I sit in the airport in Branson. Waiting to get on a plane to Chicago to see yet another doctor, who I don't wanna see. I wish my family and closest friends would simply let me make my own decisions about my health and support me, rather than pushing me relentlessly to do something I simply don't want to do.

Yeah, I'm bitter and grumpy about this...

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #46742
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Scored the axle badly too, ack. I have a bearing/seal kit n axle on the way! Damn the luck, I just talk about riding with Doc and stuff goes south! I mean WTf?

Charlie
Buggered by association....
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #46743
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Here I sit in the airport in Branson. Waiting to get on a plane to Chicago to see yet another doctor, who I don't wanna see. I wish my family and closest friends would simply let me make my own decisions about my health and support me, rather than pushing me relentlessly to do something I simply don't want to do.

hope you have a safe trip O'jay. I did not know you were going, I hope things are relatively ok?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #46744
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,838
Quote:

O'Jay, best of luck. Family and close friends really have a hard time separating what they want, from what you want, because they are blinded by their love for you.
All of you are in a hard spot. Please know that I and these other FF's on this thread certainly have you in our thoughts!
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #46745
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
O'Jay, best of luck. Family and close friends really have a hard time separating what they want, from what you want, because they are blinded by their love for you.
All of you are in a hard spot. Please know that I and these other FF's on this thread certainly have you in our thoughts!
Well said Magoo..........
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #46746
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:

O'Jay - Hang tough. For what it is worth I agree with you. Our friends and family love us, however, at some point they need to respect our right to make our own decisions. You may consider a letter to your family and close friends explaining how you feel. I think most of us do not really know how to support our loved ones who are battling a serious illness.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #46747
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Does anyone have a wheel bearing removal tool? I'm looking for the one that has the split bushing that you drive a wedged punch in to push out the bearings?
I made a bearing remover that I can't find right now.

Use an appropriately sized bolt. Hacksaw or cut it lengthways down the middle of the threaded end for an inch or two.
Put bolt through the bearing and use a screwdriver or cold chisel as a wedge in the cut.
Beat on the whole deal and the bearing should come out.

Read this for a pictoral: http://www.goldwingdocs.com/forum/vi....php?f=11&t=74

HTH

Tim

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #46748
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Well said

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #46749
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,147
Love, Respect and Healing White Light headed your way O'Jay.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #46750
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,147
Turns out my bike is a classic. Who knew? The "vintage" junk yard bike shop here in Eureka had a set of new bearings and seals and a junk axle for my bike. Got em all for $20.

Got the old bearings out using Ted's method of "beatthehelloutofitology". Worked brilliantly. Put the new parts back in and on the bike and Voila' I'm ready to roll again.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #46751
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,465
Quote:
Turns out my bike is a classic. Who knew? The "vintage" junk yard bike shop here in Eureka had a set of new bearings and seals and a junk axle for my bike. Got em all for $20.

Got the old bearings out using Ted's method of "beatthehelloutofitology". Worked brilliantly. Put the new parts back in and on the bike and Voila' I'm ready to roll again.

works for me
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #46752
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Thanks Y'all

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I'm trying to maintain a good attitude about this, if only for Kathe's sake. She's holding up well under my constant barrage of grumbling and mumbling.

On the brighter side,

I thought when the paperwork said we would be picked up at the airport by a limo I was thinking "Yeah, a mini-van being driven by some kid named Juan." Surprise, surprise. A full stretch Lincoln limo pulls up, driver jumps out and put the luggage in the trunk, opens up the rear door for us and says "There's water and ginger ale in the cooler. Enjoy the ride, it'll take about 90 minutes. My name is Juan." No joke! Middle age fella who didn't utter a peep the entire trip.

The hotel is top notch, much nicer than I would pay for on my own. But through it all, All I wanna do is get back on a bird and head back to the hills.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #46753
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:

I am always bitter and grumpy and I aint no where near an airport waiting!

Sux that you have to go thru this...all I have is healing light and prayers your way..good luck and hang tough.
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #46754
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:

I am home..good ride, just larry and I..XR ran rough today..bad gas I think..gonna hafta pull the carb I think..anyway, RR to come later..got pix too!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #46755
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Don't know ya O'Jay, but I am sure you're like any of these dudes I met and Magoo has some sense (), so best wishes and I'm figurin you got this pack behind you. some serious critical mass and good thoughts.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote