Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #47416
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Wow. If I knew Ted was possibly coming up behind me I coulda gotten up that hill in a hurry.
I would have loved to have ridden your WR outta there, a real test to see how I liked riding one! I enjoyed the DR650 this weekend but man it's just not quite what I want. It's a tad heavy, low and not as snappy as I'd like. I gotta spend some time on a WRR.

I hope you're feeling more better. I also hope the whole thing doesnt leave a bad taste in any of your mouths. It was a bad decision and a cruddy day, shart happens.

I had to have my spankin new DRZ towed out of a holler once by an atv. I was so pissed off. Looking back it's funny as heck.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #47417
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
I would have loved to have ridden your WR outta there, a real test to see how I liked riding one! I enjoyed the DR650 this weekend but man it's just not quite what I want. It's a tad heavy, low and not as snappy as I'd like. I gotta spend some time on a WRR.

I hope you're feeling more better. I also hope the whole thing doesnt leave a bad taste in any of your mouths. It was a bad decision and a cruddy day, shart happens.

I had to have my spankin new DRZ towed out of a holler once by an atv. I was so pissed off. Looking back it's funny as heck.
No bad taste here, just chewing pride and rehabbing. I got the WR cleaned up yesterday and the mirror put back on. Now I just need to check for loose and potentially broken stuff. I think all I ended up with was a mangled foot peg, bent-in rear brake lever, bent hand guards, and character scratches, I think it survived completely. I'll buy some wider pegs for comfort anyway.

I'm not riding it for a month, so come on over anytime and take it out. Seriously, I'd be fine with it. One thing for sure, I need to go with a bigger rear sprocket (as TinCup recommended!!!), as I had to move way too fast or feather the hell out of the clutch to go up even easy grades without stalling. Toyman even struggled with it and stalled and laid it down on the worst stretch at the end.
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #47418
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Magoo,
I actually carried my Helmet down the trail with the EMT's expecting to ride someones bike out, last I head from Bill was you couldn't walk you was crawling.

Then I shot out of there to get help.....

Did you happen to get any pictures of me on the helmet cam? I know that typically you wasn't that close but I can wish. :)

I was going to change the oil on the XTique today as a reward for all the hard work and took it to the shop and noticed I lost the right side cover off it someplace. :(

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #47419
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,514
We stopped this weekend and gazed in the windows of this house for sale on W Rock Mountain, I like that place! It's got 3 HUGE shops, someone needs to make it ADV headquarters and buy it!

http://www.trulia.com/property/30631...nslow-AR-72959
Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #47420
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post
Magoo,
I actually carried my Helmet down the trail with the EMT's expecting to ride someones bike out, last I head from Bill was you couldn't walk you was crawling.

Then I shot out of there to get help.....

Did you happen to get any pictures of me on the helmet cam? I know that typically you wasn't that close but I can wish. :)

I was going to change the oil on the XTique today as a reward for all the hard work and took it to the shop and noticed I lost the right side cover off it someplace. :(
I crawled about 50 yards, as it didn't hurt that way, but I'd still be there if I didn't just grin and go. It was a huge relief knowing you were heading out for help! You did it right, for sure.

Yes, there are some shots of you (taking a piss, crouching in the bushes taking my photo, and below are a few on the XTique.

I didn't see the side cover on the way up, and if was on the trail I woulda. I did see that nearly new banged-up truck bumper about halfway between the exit and the falls, tho. Can't figure why anyone would have drug that down there.

This was on Gus' little fun loop he made us take on the way.

Leading into the abyss.

Zecat....not surfing, he just got on.
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #47421
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,552
http://www.neuticles.com/
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #47422
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
We stopped this weekend and gazed in the windows of this house for sale on W Rock Mountain, I like that place! It's got 3 HUGE shops, someone needs to make it ADV headquarters and buy it!

40 acres!!!! Looks like a deal to me. What a place that would be.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #47423
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Wonder if we could send ****** there?

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #47424
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,486
Quote:

I seen a cute lady on a mower there at that house as I was heading home..it would make a neat ADV club house, but what a pain it would be to get grocerys to it!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #47425
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I seen a cute lady on a mower there at that house as I was heading home..it would make a neat ADV club house, but what a pain it would be to get grocerys to it!
For 299K she had better be cute..........
Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #47426
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
For 299K she had better be cute..........
And have really nice breast implants!, just sayin
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #47427
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,552
Teds the only one I kinda know and that guy that spends more time in Europe than work, that could afford that. Lol sorry Ted

Hey Doc can Petey use a set of Neuticles?

wayno
Tapatalk
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #47428
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Hey Doc can Petey use a set of Neuticles?

wayno
Tapatalk
nah...but I could!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #47429
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,056
When we was eating at Natural Dam a local rider on ADV goes by NaturalDamRider or some abbreviated version of that pulled up a chair and chatted with us. Says the Oark store was for sale, key word was. Fella told us his cousin just bought it. Haven't been there all year I need to get my but down there.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #47430
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
When we was eating at Natural Dam a local rider on ADV goes by NaturalDamRider or some abbreviated version of that pulled up a chair and chatted with us. Says the Oark store was for sale, key word was. Fella told us his cousin just bought it. Haven't been there all year I need to get my but down there.
You would think someone would have heard with all the folks through there this weekend????? It is a secret?