ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #47746
tsnizek
n00b
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Russellville Area
Oddometer: 9
I know this is a BS thread...

But I figure more people read this first, so... Please don't hate me for asking a real (if stupid) question.

I have a 2007 wee, I am trying to find out how many links I need in a new chain.
Stock sprocket sizes.
I am finding answers ranging from 116 to 124 links.
The adjuster has a lot of range, but can it really cover that wide a range?
Should I split the difference and get something around 120?

Tom, lost in the Ozarks.

p.s. I am also going to try and find the 'proper' place to post this
tsnizek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #47747
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnizek View Post
But I figure more people read this first, so... Please don't hate me for asking a real (if stupid) question.

I have a 2007 wee, I am trying to find out how many links I need in a new chain.
Stock sprocket sizes.
I am finding answers ranging from 116 to 124 links.
The adjuster has a lot of range, but can it really cover that wide a range?
Should I split the difference and get something around 120?

Tom, lost in the Ozarks.

p.s. I am also going to try and find the 'proper' place to post this
and that is why we are here, to BS and HELP..so...


HEY ALBIE, YOU'RE BEING PAGED!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #47748
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnizek View Post
But I figure more people read this first, so... Please don't hate me for asking a real (if stupid) question.

I have a 2007 wee, I am trying to find out how many links I need in a new chain.
Stock sprocket sizes.
I am finding answers ranging from 116 to 124 links.
The adjuster has a lot of range, but can it really cover that wide a range?
Should I split the difference and get something around 120?

Tom, lost in the Ozarks.

p.s. I am also going to try and find the 'proper' place to post this

116 for stock gearing, the 120 will be too long. The thing that sucks is the 116 link chains can cost as much as $25 more then a 120 link of the exact same chain. Makes owning a chain breaker a good investment. Pays for itself after a couple chains.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #47749
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Riding the Rim!
Nevermind, I won't go there. Your welcome Doc.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #47750
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Nevermind, I won't go there. Your welcome Doc.
oh thanks alot Sir Rim RIder, er I mean Charlie...since we're not going there, then no fun for anyone eh..darn..
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #47751
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,322
Yo TED!

looks like I am out..somthing else just came up that requires a trip to springdale
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #47752
Clew540
Ready to Ride
 
Clew540's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Oddometer: 88
Biker pulling a bobby petrino in elkins ambulance on the way
__________________
Love the power of big bore two strokes!!
Clew540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #47753
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,758
3 fire trucks and an ambulance just blew by my house headed east,
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #47754
tsnizek
n00b
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Russellville Area
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
116 for stock gearing, the 120 will be too long. The thing that sucks is the 116 link chains can cost as much as $25 more then a 120 link of the exact same chain. Makes owning a chain breaker a good investment. Pays for itself after a couple chains.

Thanks Albie.

I guess that after 30 some odd years it is finally time to get a chain breaker and riveter.
All those years riding shaft drive Hondas spoiled me.

But, I picked up a 2003 KLR 650 today to keep my Wee company. So now I have another chain drive.
(I may have to let my brother ride the KLR, cause I don't trust him with the wee.)

Tom
tsnizek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #47755
Zecatfish
XTique Rider
 
Zecatfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas USA
Oddometer: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnizek View Post
Thanks Albie.

I guess that after 30 some odd years it is finally time to get a chain breaker and riveter.
All those years riding shaft drive Hondas spoiled me.

But, I picked up a 2003 KLR 650 today to keep my Wee company. So now I have another chain drive.
(I may have to let my brother ride the KLR, cause I don't trust him with the wee.)

Tom

Wee's do not make good DS bikes they tend to hurt people.
Theres been a lot of people hurt on a Wee on what should have been
non-events. Like last year at Slap I watched a fellow in the mirror behind me go down, no real reason just a little loose sand and a little mud, it threw him on the ground and busted a collar bone.

I would keep the Wee for street riding and use the KLR as the bashing pig.
__________________
Google Earth GPS Howto (still a work in progress) use USGS TOPO Maps to layout trails.
http://home.windstream.net/catfish/GPS


The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #47756
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,297
Lol, Lewall and I are supposed to be out riding today, instead we ran into each other at harps doing honey dos!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #47757
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,856
Bawahahahaha
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #47758
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,502
too hot to ride.
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #47759
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Lol, Lewall and I are supposed to be out riding today, instead we ran into each other at harps doing honey dos!
you and I should be roomies..you'd make a great wife..bringing home the bacon and grocerys! not to mention the stable of bikes I'd have access to!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #47760
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,614
I rode today you freakin sissies....Damn it was hot though.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014