Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #47956
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Sometimes heavy isnt a b a d thing, at least it may be built well? I'm not gonna fret over 30 pounds. Honda hasnt been known to realease a POS, I'm sure it will be a good dependable bike.
I seriously doubt the Honda is gonna be built as well as the Yammy, but you're right, Honda typically doesn't release POS', they just release a lot of MEH.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #47957
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Yup, dual sport, railing on twisties and blasting through ATV trails and single track. Great performance and handling = SPORT. The DRZ, XRR's and WRR's can't match the EXC for any of that. BTW, McDonalds sells more hamburgers then any other restaurant in the world, don't make them good burgers.
I think you two are talking about two different things, IF someone was to ride to Colorado and back home, you are going to be hard pressed to find someone that rides a 450 or 530 EXC down the interstate to get there.

Sure the EXC is more fun and sporty in every way, but not nearly as dependable if you're going to log 10's of thousands of miles.

Why did you buy a DR650 instead of riding your 450 KTM? Werent you taking the DR to Utah with 10Cup instead of the KTM too?

Just two total different beasts. My DR is about as exciting to ride as Doc doing a strip tease..not alotta fun.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #47958
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
I seriously doubt the Honda is gonna be built as well as the Yammy, but you're right, Honda typically doesn't release POS', they just release a lot of MEH.
I'll agree with that! Honda was the shiznit in the 80's and 90's, they ruled MX and the desert. I would like to know whats changed there.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #47959
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
I think you two are talking about two different things, IF someone was to ride to Colorado and back home, you are going to be hard pressed to find someone that rides a 450 or 530 EXC down the interstate to get there.

Sure the EXC is more fun and sporty in every way, but not nearly as dependable if you're going to log 10's of thousands of miles.

Why did you buy a DR650 instead of riding your 450 KTM? Werent you taking the DR to Utah with 10Cup instead of the KTM too?

Just two total different beasts. My DR is about as exciting to ride as Doc doing a strip tease..not alotta fun.
You're right, I'm talking about dual sporting, Joe's talking about adventure riding two VERY different things The DR my adventure bike.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #47960
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
But you're right, at that price I think Honda's gonna sell a lot more CRFL's the Yamaha will sell WRR's

I'll try one for that price, that and I can get one where as I cant hardly find a WRR! I'm still kicking myself for not buying a spanking new 08 WRR on the showroom for $4700. They were just sitting there for the taking a few years ago.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #47961
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
I'll agree with that! Honda was the shiznit in the 80's and 90's, they ruled MX and the desert. I would like to know whats changed there.
They built a great rep and now have just been sitting back and living off of it the last couple decades.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #47962
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
I'll try one for that price, that and I can get one where as I cant hardly find a WRR! I'm still kicking myself for not buying a spanking new 08 WRR on the showroom for $4700. They were just sitting there for the taking a few years ago.
I know, back then it was a buyers market, now, it's a sellers market. Bike prices have gone through the roof on the used end. Hell, my buddy that buys stuff from auctions all the time bought a 08 R1 earlier this month that was rashed on one side for $5500!! A couple years ago that bike that age and that damaged wouldn't have gone for more then $3500.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #47963
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
I know, back then it was a buyers market, now, it's a sellers market. Bike prices have gone through the roof on the used end. Hell, my buddy that buys stuff from auctions all the time bought a 08 R1 earlier this month that was rashed on one side for $5500!! A couple years ago that bike that age and that damaged wouldn't have gone for more then $3500.
Yeah I've been seeing rashed sportbikes selling high too. I've been looking for a clean older R! but there arent many deals out there.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #47964
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
They built a great rep and now have just been sitting back and living off of it the last couple decades.
Theyve sure made some flops! That DNC01 or whatever that big auto bike was...the RUNE, the latest flop is that Chopper they made and only made it 1300CC instead of using the big 1800CC engine they use? That was a big flop. I see they are marketing that chopper now in about 5 different variations, and I still never see one on the roads.

They are making a comeback with the MX bikes I think, the reviews on the 450R are great and it's a good looking bike.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #47965
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,818
My Dr350 wont start.

when I use the kickstarter, it moves easier than it used to, there is noticeable compression, but its not nearly as 'tight' as it used to be.

clutch is adjusted correctly, decomp is released, is there something common that would cause this?

I cant see how it lost compression sitting in the garage?

any ideas from the peanut gallery?
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #47966
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
My Dr350 wont start.

when I use the kickstarter, it moves easier than it used to, there is noticeable compression, but its not nearly as 'tight' as it used to be.

clutch is adjusted correctly, decomp is released, is there something common that would cause this?

the xr does this on occasion..especially if I let it sit morn than 2 weeks with no starting..for me, I suspect that the decomp kinda sticks and allows the valve to remain slightly open..when this happens, its a pain to keep kicking to get it started, but once it finally starts and runs, no mor issues the rest of the week, but let it set another 2 weeks, and it starts all over agn
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #47967
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Yeah I've been seeing rashed sportbikes selling high too. I've been looking for a clean older R! but there arent many deals out there.
I've been looking for a 08/09 R6 or ZX6R and a lot of people are asking more for them then they were selling new when Yam and Kaw were clearing them out at the end of 09.

Hell, there's a guy on Craigslist in Dallas asking $9K for a 08 CBR 1K, 2 years ago Al Lambs Honda was selling them band new for $7.5K Those 08's had a bad oil burning issue as well. Honda quality, NOT.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #47968
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
My Dr350 wont start.

The ring could be stuck. That would lead to a serious loss of compression. Todd bought a DRZ 400 a while back that had that same problem. He just pulled off the head and soaked the ring in carb cleaner and it popped back out of the ring groove.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #47969
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Curb(wet) weight on the Honda site is listed at 320lbs w/ 2.0Gallon fuel tank, vs the WR250X - 298lbs(Yamaha site).

Is 20lbs really gonna make that much difference, to anyone, who isn't riding a KTM? Obviously $2k will make a difference to a lot of folks.

nlp
Just eat less bacon, and drink less beer, and you will make up the 20lb difference.. Stay away from goat cheese, as well...
Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #47970
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,654
Must be a Southern MS-TX-AR and the rest of the nation kind of thing...

Quote:
...there's a guy on Craigslist in Dallas asking $9K for a 08 CBR 1K, 2 years ago Al Lambs Honda was selling them band new for $7.5K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post
One thing I hate about our state is the blatant overpricing of vehicles.
Only place worse I've seen is south MS.
nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote