User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #48616
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,582
Crap Doc.

if it werent for shitty luck youd have no luck at all man.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #48617
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,410
Well I got home (barely), after leaving stubborn ole Doc in Eureka my front wheel bearing started screaming for mercy but rode it home. It's shot so a new one will have to be ordered.

As for Doc, he and will be a hurting puppy. His stoicism is commendable but he is one hard headed mofo...sheesh. Imagine, after going down so hard he wanted to complete our ride! Hell he almost couldn't get back onto his bike at this point...the damned dummy. I told him we were going home and he said "Yes mother".....ha

The slab

I was leading both times we crossed it, but my bike stayed upright with a slight slide coming back out. I was lucky and Doc wasn't.

The wreck shortly after it happened.

We were pondering picking up the bike for a while because the whole slab felt like snot on a glass door knob. As I was about to pick the bike up this couple came down the road and offered to help get the bike up. Meet Loyd and Barbara. Nice folks but a little bit country...they (Barbara) apologized to me because they had BOTH taken their false teeth out and left them in the truck...haha

Anyway I couldn't get the rhythm of starting the XR (it wasn't going to happen). The foot peg of his bike was bent so badly that we had to loosen it to give room to kick the bike. It had been on it's side for a while before it was righted so it was slightly flooded.

We had come down a fairly steep hill to the low water bridge so I had to hump the bike up the hill in neutral so Doc could bump start the beast which he did quite gracefully. We then headed for Hiway 76 onto 37 and finally 62 to Eureka.

Doc said he wasn't hurting when he breathed but I'm pretty sure he was. By the time we got to the White River Doc needed gas and didn't get off his bike to do it. He filled the bike with it running and I went in to pay for it so he wouldn't have to get off the bike. Once in Eureka we stopped again so I could see how he was and he couldn't turn his head to talk to me (without pain). I offered to go home get my trailer and take him back but he refused (hard headed dummy...sheesh). More on the ride report thread HERE.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 06-15-2012 at 03:15 PM
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #48618
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,832
Ouch....

What can I do to help?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #48619
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Well good grief! Get well buddy!

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #48620
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Very sorry to read of Doc's painful fall. Hope there are no fractures in his collar bone or shoulder area, etc. If it was a front end wash out... he fell forward and hit hard on that slab of concrete. Very easy to fracture a bone in the shoulder area in such a situation. Watched a friend totally destroy a collar bone on a front end washout on hard pack dirt w/rocks. Not good.

Falls are hard enough on young bodies... so just think how Doc feels. After all, he was born right after the Civil War.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #48621
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Very sorry to read of Doc's painful fall. Hope there are no fractures in his collar bone or shoulder area, etc. If it was a front end wash out... he fell forward and hit hard on that slab of concrete. Very easy to fracture a bone in the shoulder area in such a situation. Watched a friend totally destroy a collar bone on a front end washout on hard pack dirt w/rocks. Not good.

Falls are hard enough on young bodies... so just think how Doc feels. After all, he was born right after the Civil War.
Insert nut kick smiley

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #48622
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,410
Doc is a tough ole bird. He was actually wanting to go onto Powell for a swim. He almost couldn't get back on his bike because of the pain. Maybe being born around the time of the Civil War makes ya tough?
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #48623
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,321
Hope you get healed up soon Doc.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #48624
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,360
Hope you get better ya old coot.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #48625
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,725
FUCK!! THAT HURT!!!!

I am home, as comfortable as I can be..had to drive my 1 ton truck home from Mossycreeks and I left the XR there... took me almost an hour to drive that tank 5.5 miles..I felt each and EVERY bump!

That low water bridge was slick! I did okay going thru it the first time, but sucked into the slime commin back thru. I have never busted a rib before so I am not sure if I had this time or if I just cracked it..but it does hurt and if I move just right, it sucks my breath away.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes..I am gonna be outta commision for a while..now I gotta figger out how to wipe my ass
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #48626
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
S&s

Doc, you take care of yourself, sounds like you took a mean one. Those low water bridges are awful, very slick and slimy too. I went across a one in Texas in truck and just about slid off, and I was just barely moving. It would seem like if you had a friend that took you down that road to your wipe out, it would seem he would be there for the next time you need a wipe off.

Don't laugh if you have a cracked rib, and even worse don't cough, I know quite a bit about how much that hurts. Let us know how you are tomorrow when you are able to make it to the computer.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #48627
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,196
Aw don't worry about it, you can just break the dingle berries off later

wayno
Tapatalk
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #48628
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Paging Joe Nuclear and his camera.
I suppose they could be "leaked"....
Old 06-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #48629
Redburn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Damn Doc healing thoughts headed your way.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #48630
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,082
Ouch Doc! Get better soon.