The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,775
not a drop out here at all..dark skies and some thunder..but no rain
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #49352
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,915
Uggh, had a couple small showers come through here and basically turned my garage into a sauna!!!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #49353
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,860
Got a small one here in Prairie Grove........ Still water standing in a few depressions.

Like at Albie's, too muggy to go outside but it did drop the temps from 100 to 84......
Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #49354
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,775
Am shuttin it down..SLAP on tv (Deliverance)

gn fellers
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #49355
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Hey guys. I made it back. One hell of a long, hot, 16 days. Passed another checkride so good for one more year.

Big changes announced in pay this week. The IFR captains are all shopping for chrome diamond plate siding for their double wides.

Basicaly the VFR captains and IFR sic's got a 3% raise in August. This is applied to the whole 25 year scale so I also get my step raise next April. Works out to just over 6% for the year total. But the big raises, and I mean big went to the IFR captains. They got their scale raised by 20% immediately and the kicker is Captains jump to a minimum of step 11 on the scale. So essentially they now have a 15 year scale. It means an SIC with 5 years in the company makes captain and he jumps from around 70k to near 130k plus a big bonus of around 15k each year. That is a big raise.

Our company had a strike in 06 and the company busted the union, or I should say the union fell apart with the help from some scabs. So the union still has just over 100 members out of 700 pilots. Most left, and took many years of experience with them. We currently have 25% turnover and training cost is killling them. Meanwhile Bristow, our competitor has 100% union membership, as close to zero turnover as you can get and they just inked a 4% raise for each year in their new contract. They are saving money working with the union fairly. We have no contact. I must say though I am now interested in going to the IFR program. Still want to hold out for the EC135 (our only VFR twin, and actually harder to get into) and fly it for awhile before I do, but will take whichever comes first. Tired of flying for our bottom feeder customers.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #49356
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,860
Sounds like a plan & great that you got any raise in this economy....
Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #49357
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,583
Sat Meet & Eat?

Kathe and I are in ES for the weekend visiting with folks from KS. Anyone wanna meet up for dinner tomorrow night?

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #49358
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
I got a 3% raise and now take home an extra $14.00/day......but at least I'm enployed!
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #49359
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,448
Thumbs down no rain

No rain yet in Siloam, I figured that all the unpainted lumber I have nailed up it would have to.

It looks/sounds like Westville is getting drenched though.
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #49360
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
Hey guys. I made it back. One hell of a long, hot, 16 days. Passed another checkride so good for one more year.

Big changes announced in pay this week. The IFR captains are all shopping for chrome diamond plate siding for their double wides.

Basicaly the VFR captains and IFR sic's got a 3% raise in August. This is applied to the whole 25 year scale so I also get my step raise next April. Works out to just over 6% for the year total. But the big raises, and I mean big went to the IFR captains. They got their scale raised by 20% immediately and the kicker is Captains jump to a minimum of step 11 on the scale. So essentially they now have a 15 year scale. It means an SIC with 5 years in the company makes captain and he jumps from around 70k to near 130k plus a big bonus of around 15k each year. That is a big raise.

Our company had a strike in 06 and the company busted the union, or I should say the union fell apart with the help from some scabs. So the union still has just over 100 members out of 700 pilots. Most left, and took many years of experience with them. We currently have 25% turnover and training cost is killling them. Meanwhile Bristow, our competitor has 100% union membership, as close to zero turnover as you can get and they just inked a 4% raise for each year in their new contract. They are saving money working with the union fairly. We have no contact. I must say though I am now interested in going to the IFR program. Still want to hold out for the EC135 (our only VFR twin, and actually harder to get into) and fly it for awhile before I do, but will take whichever comes first. Tired of flying for our bottom feeder customers.
Good to hear you got a raise, and a job. Why not start to the instrument rating right away, sounds like the way to go, as they got a heck of a pay increase. i don't blame you for wanting to fly the C135, then move up to the clouds, and better pay. Does the company help pay for the training to get your instrument rating? If so go for it, for many reasons. It is pretty easy
I Follow Roads or is it I Follow Rails.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #49361
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,364
I know you're sick of your job Elvis, but I'd be thrilled just to have a job and get a raise at the moment? I bet you make a pretty darn good wage doing what you do.

I'll decline comment on the unions.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #49362
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
Saturday sleep-in Doc?!?!

Blue skies again for the umpteenth day in Lubbock. Making a plan to go up to Palo Duro canyon with the kiddos this weekend.

Got to get used to this yard thing. Everyones yard on the block is neat and clean, ours is country brown and sticks out like a sore thumb. oops.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #49363
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Kathe and I are in ES for the weekend visiting with folks from KS. Anyone wanna meet up for dinner tomorrow night?

Dang DANG DARNIT! We were going to go stay saturday night over there but decided we were too pooped from all the holiday festivities.

Internet Stalker Ray (RJHarris) is in town from St Louis, we are supposed to have lunch with him today and let our famdamilies hang out.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #49364
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
I'll decline comment on the unions.
appreciated. I will in turn save my pro-union stance.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #49365
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMoto View Post
appreciated. I will in turn save my pro-union stance.
Thank goodness.

Oh and Palo Duro Canyon...have you asked Larry about that place? It seems like he mentioned to me his hate for that place one time.