ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #49786
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,220
Darn that's not bad mileage outta that Big Block Matt. I was thinking people were getting less mileage out of the Kenda than the TKC. I would have tried one..but I already put on a new TKC and have another on the wall.
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #49787
NWAredrider
Adventurer
 
NWAredrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
Haha. I can't control myself on my bike, I ride the thing like... well like it's a supermoto. I'll be lucky to see a couple thousand out of my rear tire.



JASON GORDON LEVITT YOU GET YOUR SEXY BEHIND BACK IN BED!!!

...??? ~sigh~ Yes honey.
You got that right apple. BTW, how the hell did you know my wifes boyfriends name? LOL!

I am having some major withdrawls. I need to find another bike that my wife is cool with...:)....Of course she loves dual sports...
NWAredrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #49788
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,326
well, its been slick down the center for the last few hundred miles, but better on dry and wet pavement than tkc80 , longer mileage, runflat ability, and cheaper , it is $105 shipped.

no brainer tire solution there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Darn that's not bad mileage outta that Big Block Matt. I was thinking people were getting less mileage out of the Kenda than the TKC. I would have tried one..but I already put on a new TKC and have another on the wall.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #49789
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,454
There goes the neighborhood

Greetings!

You probably don't recollect, but I pinged this forum seven or eight months ago with the news that I may be moving to your neck of the woods. Well, despite the best efforts of city fathers and the chamber of commerce, it's happened. I'm moving to Fayetteville. Bought a house there last week and everything.

So allow me to introduce myself:



I'm Scribe, a.k.a. Bob. Likes: KTMs, two strokes, two-stroke KTMS, long walks on the beach, Husqvarnas, single track, asphalt in small twisty doses, whiskey, rain, beer, travel and sincerity. (OK, strike that last one, sounds a little gay.)

Dislikes: KTMs, Justin Bieber, Good Morning America, Husqvarnas, interstates and other stuff I can't think of at the moment. Why get hung up in the negative, man?

I'm a journalist, or at least I was for the last 24 years. Not exactly a growth industry these days. In Fayetteville I'll likely be a freelance writer/professional road tester/house dad/rolling middle-age crisis. I'm looking forward to it, it should be fun.

In addition to the sweet-ass 950 pictured above, I've got one of these:


(but it doesn't run at the moment)



One of these:


(but it doesn't run at the moment)


And one of these, meaning the XR100. (I've actually got two daughters but neither of them really like to ride. Not sure where I went wrong there.) The XR runs great, of course. It's a Honda.




I'm excited to ride a new area, and can't wait to learn more about goats, which seems to be a recurring topic 'round here. When's the next (big-bike friendly) ride?
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #49790
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,825
Welcome....
Hide your daughter.
Albie & Terrascout will love your orange stuff.
Lots of places & roads to do.

Hook up with somebody & go ride around.......
GPS stuff, lots of guys who just go, some fast, some slow. siome single track, some roads, some camp & some just vamp....

So don't work & go anytime, lots of help for broken stuff.....

You'll have a blast if your skin is thick and you don't believe nuttin........
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #49791
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,403
You'll do. Welcome to the circus.

I ride a GS so big bike friendly rides are always welcome. I live about 120 east of ya if you wanna make a Saturday jaunt thisaway to play on some dirty roads in this area. Or I can meet ya halfway/partway/all the way (did I really just say that?) to ride.

We mostly all olde pharts who still think we're 20 so we get in pretty deep pretty fast.

Nice stable of toys.

O'Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Greetings!

You probably don't recollect, but I pinged this forum seven or eight months ago with the news that I may be moving to your neck of the woods. Well, despite the best efforts of city fathers and the chamber of commerce, it's happened. I'm moving to Fayetteville. Bought a house there last week and everything.

So allow me to introduce myself:



I'm Scribe, a.k.a. Bob. Likes: KTMs, two strokes, two-stroke KTMS, long walks on the beach, Husqvarnas, single track, asphalt in small twisty doses, whiskey, rain, beer, travel and sincerity. (OK, strike that last one, sounds a little gay.)

Dislikes: KTMs, Justin Bieber, Good Morning America, Husqvarnas, interstates and other stuff I can't think of at the moment. Why get hung up in the negative, man?

I'm a journalist, or at least I was for the last 24 years. Not exactly a growth industry these days. In Fayetteville I'll likely be a freelance writer/professional road tester/house dad/rolling middle-age crisis. I'm looking forward to it, it should be fun.

In addition to the sweet-ass 950 pictured above, I've got one of these:


(but it doesn't run at the moment)



One of these:


(but it doesn't run at the moment)


And one of these, meaning the XR100. (I've actually got two daughters but neither of them really like to ride. Not sure where I went wrong there.) The XR runs great, of course. It's a Honda.




I'm excited to ride a new area, and can't wait to learn more about goats, which seems to be a recurring topic 'round here. When's the next (big-bike friendly) ride?
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #49792
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,285
Mornin fellers and welcome scribe

Charlie has extra stators and know alot abt these!

DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #49793
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin
 
Dravintoad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Mornin fellers and welcome scribe

Charlie has extra stators and know alot abt these!
That's a Husky Doc.
__________________
Coitus Thou, Thou coital coitus.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #49794
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin
 
Dravintoad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 1,731
...and good morning. Welcome scribe.
__________________
Coitus Thou, Thou coital coitus.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #49795
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,256
Welcome Scribe.

Another day of moving stuff and a couple of VA appointments for me today. I'm beginning to get excited regarding our trip starting this Friday! I can't wait to get gone.


Charlie
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #49796
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
That's a Husky Doc.
oh...
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #49797
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
That's a Husky Doc.

Poor Doc!


I've always had a thing for Huskys ever since my friends dad bought him an 80cc in like 1985! Welcome scribe, glad to have you on board.

EDIT: I also remember that Husky being kinda finicky like a KTM. If you pushed the kill button it would shock the h*ll outta you!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #49798
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,432
Welcome to the fray Scribe.

Oh and Doc, not all yellow bikes are Suzuki's
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #49799
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Welcome Scribe.

Another day of moving stuff and a couple of VA appointments for me today. I'm beginning to get excited regarding our trip starting this Friday! I can't wait to get gone.


Charlie
+1, I'm ready to roll!!

Got to spend the morning getting tags renewed on bikes and truck. Ugghhh
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #49800
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Welcome....

You'll have a blast if your skin is thick and you don't believe nuttin........
Except Santa Clause..............Duh!
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014