Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #51616
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Just wondering, have you had any reports of the fish kills down there? We had probably 100 perch, some big catfish and a couple large bass just die for no reason in our pond one day. After doing some searching it seems pretty common in a long hot drought like this.

Ride the mighty Mississippi! That sounds like a ride report in the making.
I hear the fishing is really good right now, as just about everything is biting. I'm thinking a ride to the river may be just what I need.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #51617
HUBBA BUBBA'S #1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
I've ridden some creek beds. Richland Creek here in NWA usually goes dry in the summer, lots of atv's/4x4's drive down it. It's fairly rodky and not alot of fun on a bike.
i rode on the white river bed couple days ago over by durham and springstons ford. and there is a lot of smooth flat rock where i was at. it was fun man. but beware of some of the puddles haha some of them are really not puddles but giant holes in the river bed. i almost went over the handle bars. guess it was a good thing i wasnt rompin through there . but definatly a bunch of fun. there are some ppretty knarly sand banks there too.
HUBBA BUBBA'S #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #51618
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,505
Gotcha Gus, I've seen the small store battery backups, I've just never seen one like your 1,000,000 Gigawatt model!

I had a whole home surge protector installed recently, and still use the surge protectors I already had on my equipment.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #51619
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,894
Quote:
Gotcha Gus, I've seen the small store battery backups, I've just never seen one like your 1,000,000 Gigawatt model!

I had a whole home surge protector installed recently, and still use the surge protectors I already had on my equipment.
Good plan........

You prolly have much more reliable power at your place too. So surge protection is higher up the priority list for you I would think.....

Down at Petit Jean, beofre they replace a lot of power line wire and cleared ROW, our power made it like a disco club with our lights some days......... :::: grump ::::::

Been a bit of a problem here also with the lightning strikes, not out long, 30 seconds at most so far, but happening more often than I like.....
Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #51620
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Good plan........

You prolly have much more reliable power at your place too. So surge protection is higher up the priority list for you I would think.....

Down at Petit Jean, beofre they replace a lot of power line wire and cleared ROW, our power made it like a disco club with our lights some days......... :::: grump ::::::

Been a bit of a problem here also with the lightning strikes, not out long, 30 seconds at most so far, but happening more often than I like.....
Yes our power has been pretty reliable. I recall a time not too long ago that it did fluctuate alot. Lights would get wonky and dim quite a few times a day etc.

You should check into the whole home surge with as much electronics as you have, I think it was under $200 installed. It goes outside right on the meter, takes an electrician all of 20 minutes. If you ever need an electrician lemme know, I have been using a veteran Harley rider such as yourself, you guys would hit it off.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #51621
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,463
Hey Gus..got kitties up here yet?

DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #51622
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Oddometer: 1,658
Water temp getting to warm will cause the dissolved oxygen level to go down. Fish suffocate. Need to aerate. If nothing else just use a boat motor and spray the water up in the air. Depends on how big and deep it is too.

Quote:
Just wondering, have you had any reports of the fish kills down there? We had probably 100 perch, some big catfish and a couple large bass just die for no reason in our pond one day. After doing some searching it seems pretty common in a long hot drought like this.

Ride the mighty Mississippi! That sounds like a ride report in the making.
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #51623
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,459
IM not sure Teds pond is deep enough to stratify, but IM betting some areation would help.

a buddy in west fork , has a large bubbler in his pond, and he fishes directly on top of it, says the fish congregate around it.

plus, it looks like doc is underwater 24 hours a day there.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #51624
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Getting the hang of this pic thing. Riding this thing around the Mill Creek area would make a man out of you... maybe that's what we need to do to the kid.

My '79 IT400 Barn fresh.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #51625
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg12 View Post
Getting the hang of this pic thing. Riding this thing around the Mill Creek area would make a man out of you... maybe that's what we need to do to the kid.

My '79 IT400 Barn fresh.
I had the 465 version right after I moved here..it sure impressed the local hillbillies!

scared a few of em too!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #51626
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
IM not sure Teds pond is deep enough to stratify, but IM betting some areation would help.

a buddy in west fork , has a large bubbler in his pond, and he fishes directly on top of it, says the fish congregate around it.

plus, it looks like doc is underwater 24 hours a day there.
Shallow is bad. Water loses its ability to hold O2 the warmer it gets. When we treat waste water for discharge we have to re-aerate to a higher level in the summer because of that.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #51627
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Water temp getting to warm will cause the dissolved oxygen level to go down. Fish suffocate. Need to aerate. If nothing else just use a boat motor and spray the water up in the air. Depends on how big and deep it is too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post

We have an air pump built onto the windmill that aerates the pond, and we have a fountain but the water level has gotten low enough we cant run the fountain. Hope we get some rain soon!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #51628
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,747
Quote:

My '79 IT400 Barn fresh.
That's sweet!

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #51629
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
Good plan........

I don't know but it sure seems that we have alot more, and more violent, lightning strikes than we did when I was a kid.

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #51630
DrLewall
The Human GPS

I would LOVE to have me one of those 5,000 gal water trucks! I've always wanted one!