Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #52561
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by arraflipper View Post
some time away from work is always welcome.
I agree! But then I don't work so what do I know?

I will be in town agn today, gettin my Aunt ready to come home on saturday. I gots to chase down the wheel chair and table, stop by the lock smiths to ask questions and there was something else but I don't have my list infront of me..maybe it was to try and hook up with you bozo's for lunch??
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #52562
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I agree! But then I don't work so what do I know?

I will be in town agn today, gettin my Aunt ready to come home on saturday. I gots to chase down the wheel chair and table, stop by the lock smiths to ask questions and there was something else but I don't have my list infront of me..maybe it was to try and hook up with you bozo's for lunch??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
If you want I can meet you tomorrow for lunch and pay you back. BTW.

Albie already posted that he was buyin! You get to pick the place, Doc.

Anyone else see the pattern? Albie "forgets" his wallet last week. Albie "accidently" leaves without paying last night. And we wonder how he retired so young? He is one smart SOB
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #52563
DrLewall
The Human GPS

I am outta here..my cell is on..let the texts fly!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #52564
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,467
Thumb Food/Ride

Food and Ride Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Jug View Post
This might help

All are welcome this Saturday, Sept 8,

We will meet at the Rusty Jug, El dorado springs for a free breakfast at 8:30 to 9:30 ( meet greet thing) leave by 9:45 AM and be back around 1:00 to 1:30 PM.

(Short version of poker run)
We will do 6 stops along the way each rider will get to draw a card from the deck of cards and they can discard 1 for the best 5 hand. The person with the best hand at the end of the ride gets the grand prize ( gift cert) and the person with the lowest hand gets a gift.

We will mainly be in a group, in a real poker run you would stop at certain spots on your traveling time and there would be person holding a deck of cards you pull one and they write it down or fill your card out. We are going to stop at places of interest and draw card.

Pushing the time back should help people that have long drives, I have about 5 riders that are planing but I know things come up, might only have Me 65% gravel roads on the run.

Bonus after the run we have 135 hot rod car show going on and you can visit El Dorado Cycle

If you have any questions and there is no dumb question just shoot me an email.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #52565
DrLewall
The Human GPS

welp..another day in FYV/SPD running errands getting ready to bring my aunt home from the rehab on saturday..she is excited and we are too frankly..I think because we are getting tired running back and forth to town burning up gas.

Sunday, we have a health care nurse coming in to see what all is going to be done and what her needs will be..once we get into a routine, then maybe I can manage a day to sneak out on, but for now, my aunt will need 24/7 attention...she is very well with it mentally..she just can't stand or walk..so, for now, I am home bound and y'all know where to find me.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #52566
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,056
Good on you for taking care of your Auntie Doc. My dad took care of his parents, it was a major task, don't know how he did it. They lived next door on the same farm so they were close.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #52567
Elvis70 OP

I should of posted that I don't have the original vacuum operated petcock. If I did and it was working I wouldn't of wound up with gas all over the floor.

I have an Acerbis 4.0 tank with a single tube up in the tank. The DR factory tank and petcock has two tube. This petcock is a cheap peice of crap but not sure which good one would fit it. However since my petcock is normally on and normally I don't wind up with fuel on the floor, what went wrong? Needle stuck maybe? Maybe a peice of junk in it that hopefully will go away on it's own?

I turned on the petcock for a bit today and nothing seemed to happen. Low on fuel though, so when I get a chance I will top it up and leave the petcock on while keeping an eye on it and see what happens.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Old 09-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #52568
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,246
the needle tip, or the seat may simply be worn or
if it got hot, it could have pressurized and gotten past the needle, or as you a said a piece of debris may have held it open.

any shaking of the bike with the valve open usualy makes fuel leak out of the bowl over flow.

the float levels are set so high on these bikes so they dont starve at WOT that its really easy to get them to leak like that.

at least thats been my experience with my dr tree fitty.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #52569
Elvis70 OP

BTW I went on a nice bicycle ride today on the multi-use, had to cut it short since Vince had a fever and got sent home and I had to take him to the doc so Marina could go back to work. Routine virus the doc thought, no signs of any infections.

Anywho I was a half mile from home and the damn front went flat. Original 7 year old tube with a 5 year old patch. Looks like the seem on it just opened up in a little stretch. Put it my spare thorn tube and now I need a new one of those. Sucked cause I was tired, hot, and above all hungry, and was just hitting the downhill to home, and had to walk a bike instead. The whole ride home I was thinking about home made tortillas, black beans, and avocado, with a little queso fresco, and sour cream for good measure. Man it tasted good.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #52570
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
I should of posted that I don't have the original vacuum operated petcock. If I did and it was working I wouldn't of wound up with gas all over the floor.

I have an Acerbis 4.0 tank with a single tube up in the tank. The DR factory tank and petcock has two tube. This petcock is a cheap peice of crap but not sure which good one would fit it. However since my petcock is normally on and normally I don't wind up with fuel on the floor, what went wrong? Needle stuck maybe? Maybe a peice of junk in it that hopefully will go away on it's own?

I turned on the petcock for a bit today and nothing seemed to happen. Low on fuel though, so when I get a chance I will top it up and leave the petcock on while keeping an eye on it and see what happens.

Raptor petcocks, you can get them here: http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #52571
DrLewall
The Human GPS

damn..looks like ANOTHER trip to springdale!

the wheel chair I picked up today wont go thru the doors..too wide
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #52572
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
damn..looks like ANOTHER trip to springdale!

the wheel chair I picked up today wont go thru the doors..too wide

Got ChainSaw?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #52573
Elvis70 OP

That Raptor has two tubes so it won't fit my tank, but that Pingel will, but it is damn near a $100. No way Jose. I notice they both say they must be shut off if bike is parked for more than a few hours. I often have left mine on overnight and never had a problem. What gives, have I just been lucky, and my bike dumping fuel was normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Raptor petcocks, you can get them here: http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #52574
Elvis70 OP

So basically I googled it and if your float sticks you dump your fuel, so turn off the petcock to prevent that.

Well I wish my stock vacuum petcock fit this tank, cause I would run it if it did. Maybe my fuel line was the cause of the leak. When I smelled it on my ride yesterday it may of been some residual gas in a crevice somewhere. I see no signs gas went into the cylinder or air box.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #52575
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,246
always close the fuel valve off when you leave the bike for any period of time, if you are too lazy to do that, get a fuel injected bike.

also, there are likely 20 petcocks that fit that tank, they didnt design a valve around the tank.

most are rebuild-able that I have seen

But, I think, your issue lies in your bike sitting dormant in a hot garage too much ( with the damn valve open)