Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #52591
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Whew what a day, we had a fiasco this morning trying to find a place to park Kris's truck. Had no luck in Breckenridge so he had to load up and drive to Buena Vista and drop it off. We all met there and rode to Ouray. Got here at near dark, and u can already say Ouray is the coolest town I've ever been too! Surrounded by huge cliffs on every side, and everyone is nice. Can't wait to ride here tomorrow!
Don't even consider leaving without one evening meal at the Bon Ton. And another at the Outlaw. No life should be lived without spending lots of time in Ouray and the area.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #52592
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
bench press the sick kiddo

+1

Charlie
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #52593
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I agree! But then I don't work so what do I know?

I will be in town agn today, gettin my Aunt ready to come home on saturday. I gots to chase down the wheel chair and table, stop by the lock smiths to ask questions and there was something else but I don't have my list infront of me..maybe it was to try and hook up with you bozo's for lunch??
You may have worked once upon a time. Now it is more work than I can possibly do, and I am wanting to be more like you, retired.
arraflipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #52594
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Petcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
I should of posted that I don't have the original vacuum operated petcock. If I did and it was working I wouldn't of wound up with gas all over the floor.

I have an Acerbis 4.0 tank with a single tube up in the tank. The DR factory tank and petcock has two tube. This petcock is a cheap peice of crap but not sure which good one would fit it. However since my petcock is normally on and normally I don't wind up with fuel on the floor, what went wrong? Needle stuck maybe? Maybe a peice of junk in it that hopefully will go away on it's own?

I turned on the petcock for a bit today and nothing seemed to happen. Low on fuel though, so when I get a chance I will top it up and leave the petcock on while keeping an eye on it and see what happens.
For 50 years I turned the petcock on and off, now they don't have one on the BMW and I still keep reaching for one.

Hope you found your problem, and the kid is feeling better, too.
arraflipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #52595
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,517
Matt, that is one funny story. I had a mean ol Rooster when living on the farm as a kid. Finally got him with my bow & target arrow. But the tough old bird took off running across the yard with the arrow, which barley pierced his tough ol hide, dangling along behind him just as Dad pulled in.......not good from there on out..

Quote:
actually i no longer have a real pet cock.

he gave his life defending the hens against a possum a couple of years back.. haha

I dont miss him, he was a mean bastard, and his spurs were just starting to get sharp.

used to shoot him in the ass with a bb gun just to watch him jump and attack thin air, then one day he realized it was me causing him the sting, and he made a bee line for me, I couldnt reload fast enough so I swung the bb gun like a baseball bat, the crossman 760 broke in half, the rooster flew about 12 feet, and came right back to attack my leg.

I walked back in the house and handed the now pistol grip bb gun to my son, and said sorry about your bb gun, but your rooster sucks..

10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #52596
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,827
bwwhahahaha

My grandfather always tells me , when he was a kid they would tie a black ribbon or piece of cloth to the roosters leg, and said a rooster would nearly run itself to death trying to outrun the "snake"

bwhahahha

I used to tell the neiborhood kids that I would tie them some trout flies if they would get some pretty red rooster feathers.. that bird would run those poor kids all over the yard, up trees, and over the fence.. it was hilarious, I miss that mean old rooster!

How are you liking the big Bavarian beast Mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Matt, that is one funny story. I had a mean ol Rooster when living on the farm as a kid. Finally got him with my bow & target arrow. But the tough old bird took off running across the yard with the arrow, which barley pierced his tough ol hide, dangling along behind him just as Dad pulled in.......not good from there on out..
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #52597
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
my recliner just died!
Riding it to hard!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #52598
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Doc and I found Teds new to box and tools at Sears.

Charlie
Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #52599
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
I think you are right. It is just something that will happen once in a while if you leave the valve open. Stock DR vacuum operated petcock made this a non issue. It was brutally hot and tank was near full so maybe the pressure was a contributing factor. I will just turn it off from now on I guess. I usually do in the garage I just forgot.

In the helicopter I fly one of the two electric fuel boost pumps is hard wired to the battery via the fuel valve. Forget to turn off your fuel valve and the battery will run down pretty quick. This is done so in case of electrical bus failure you still have at least one pump. The pumps are always on when you fly, but actually only needed above 5,000' due to low barometric pressure. Below that the engine driven mechanical pump is enough.
Also could be a sign of something sticky down there maybe a carb cleaner additive would help
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #52600
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
actually i no longer have a real pet cock.

he gave his life defending the hens against a possum a couple of years back.. haha

I dont miss him, he was a mean bastard, and his spurs were just starting to get sharp.

used to shoot him in the ass with a bb gun just to watch him jump and attack thin air, then one day he realized it was me causing him the sting, and he made a bee line for me, I couldnt reload fast enough so I swung the bb gun like a baseball bat, the crossman 760 broke in half, the rooster flew about 12 feet, and came right back to attack my leg.

I walked back in the house and handed the now pistol grip bb gun to my son, and said sorry about your bb gun, but your rooster sucks..

PETA and humane society would.love to hear that story ROFLMAO
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #52601
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Oddometer: 439
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Got here at near dark, and u can already say Ouray is the coolest town I've ever been too! Surrounded by huge cliffs on every side, and everyone is nice. Can't wait to ride here tomorrow!
I rode out there just a few weeks ago--it was my first Ouray experience. WOW. It's amazing out there, and Ouray is a very off-road friendly town. Telluride, not so much.

Every place we ate out there was really good. Service can be slow, but you are on vacation, so relax. I can also highly recommend the dining just up the road in Ridgeway. The True Grit Cafe has great food and the history of the True Grit movie, which was filmed in the area. Kate's Place in Ridgeway has EXCELLENT breakfast.

When you see the orange Jeep on the sidewalk--the city of Ouray raffles one off each year as I understand. The drawing is later in the fall. Tickets are $5 each and sold at many of the local businesses. One of my 3 tickets is going to win it, so don't bother.

tcourdin, I don't know you really, but from some of your posts I've read, I gather you can ride off-road. Be sure you find the time to ride the Nate Creek singletrack. When the serious switchbacks start, there are 13 more as you gain 1,000 feet in a very short stretch! So HOLD ON!

This singletrack was also fantastic--it was accessed off Engineer Pass as I recall. I can get the details if desired.

When you want to really relax those muscles, hit the Orvis Hot Springs just S of Ridgeway (clothing optional). Several of us enjoyed more than one late evening in the hot pools. I even got a massage once evening--one of the best I've ever had. Get your mind out of the gutter. Yes, at least half the people are nude, but the nudity is perhaps more of a distraction than anything. Soaking for an hour in the pools feels great on the bike-sore body.
http://www.orvishotsprings.com/

Have a great ride!
Arkansas OHV Conservation Assoc.RideForum.NETAMA #1009541 ■ BlueRibbon #42185 ■ 11 BMW F800GS ■ 09 Honda CRF 50 ■ 07 KTM 450 EXC ■ 99 KTM 300 EXC
TroyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #52602
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
That does it, wife, get to packing! Its been to long.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #52603
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Don't even consider leaving without one evening meal at the Bon Ton. And another at the Outlaw. No life should be lived without spending lots of time in Ouray and the area.
Always go to the Outlaw and a good soak at the pool is also great after a long day riding!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #52604
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

I thought Albie and Mouth (being the food critics they are) would appreciate this video. Priceless!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #52605
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thanks! We hit the Outlaw last night as suggested by locals, it was great. What an atmosphere! We are at a condo near Best Western, and they have a pool we gotta hit tonight.