Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #53326
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Oh... I dunno'... I still think it's the shitdz! That is a NICE restoration.

FWIW:

Did you know the latest scourage to hit the streets and hiways of our nation? SCOOTER GANGS.

Yup, that's right. It's terrifying. Pirates roaming our streets on big V twins have nothing on these notorious bands of n'er do wells.

Check it out for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMmL-N3cWM

V-man
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #53327
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
There must have been three Eagles. I bought one when I was 15 and rode it a year...Hot shit I was...oh yeah!
Charlie

You are the same age as my brother. I was five years younger than him and I remember that all of his friends had scooters of one type or another, but the Eagle was the the coolest one. His had chrome trim and he put a pointed Cadillac tail light in place of the regular tail light. I wish I had a picture of it, but I can still see it in my mind's eye.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #53328
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Four. A cousin of mine had a red one, too. I rode it... it existed.

Queue the Twilight Zone guitar music...

V-man
You can make that 5, my brother inheirated one from my dad and i got the rokon

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #53329
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post
OK thanks! By the way, where the tat crosses highway 23 there was a sign up that said road closed. We started to go ahead and see if we could go through, but a guy stopped us, I think he might have been working on the road. He said we couldn't go through. Anyone know anything about this? We went a mile north on 23 and picked up another road that tied back into the tat.
yeah, good thing he stopped ya..if the forestry LEOS catch ya back there, it aint good..stiff fine and possible loss of your bike..and they do patrol it and I have it on good authority that they have cameras back there too.

For refference next time, there where you came upon the locked gate and road closed signs just on that hairpin curve, if you had gone right (new route of the TAT) you would have gone to 4 corners, made a left on west fly gap road to the big Y intersection you would have turned left heading south back down to white rock mtn road and back on the TAT..its a simple go around and bypass..the section that is closed is due to the mountain slid away taking the road with it..and it is likely to be closed for a few years until they can get it fixed...

in the detail below, the BLACK track is the road closed and where the slide is. The Mangenta is the TAT route and you can see where it goes north and then south back to White Rock Mtn Rd (TAT)...hope this helps

DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #53330
fotobo
KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
yeah, good thing he stopped ya..if the forestry LEOS catch ya back there, it aint good..stiff fine and possible loss of your bike..and they do patrol it and I have it on good authority that they have cameras back there too.

For refference next time, there where you came upon the locked gate and road closed signs just on that hairpin curve, if you had gone right (new route of the TAT) you would have gone to 4 corners, made a left on west fly gap road to the big Y intersection you would have turned left heading south back down to white rock mtn road and back on the TAT..its a simple go around and bypass..the section that is closed is due to the mountain slid away taking the road with it..and it is likely to be closed for a few years until they can get it fixed...

in the detail below, the BLACK track is the road closed and where the slide is. The Mangenta is the TAT route and you can see where it goes north and then south back to White Rock Mtn Rd (TAT)...hope this helps

We never made it to the locked gate. This guy stopped us right off 23. I saw the trail on the gps that you highlighted and I was going to try to go that way but the guy said we couldn't get there. He must not have known what he was talking about. This happened just this morning. The weird thing is, he was backing down the road with a trailer with a water tank on it when we came upon him. This was only about 1/2 mile off 23. That's when he stopped and got out and told us we couldn't go through. Couldn't figure out why he was backing back down the road, if he knew it was closed.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #53331
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwizard View Post
Charlie

You are the same age as my brother. I was five years younger than him and I remember that all of his friends had scooters of one type or another, but the Eagle was the the coolest one. His had chrome trim and he put a pointed Cadillac tail light in place of the regular tail light. I wish I had a picture of it, but I can still see it in my mind's eye.

Mine was pretty basic but it was nearly as nice as the one that Mouth posted. My tailight was a "Catseye" lense. It had three different colors. red on the largest part of the cone, the center was purple and the middle was yellow. It was really cool to see. The kick starter was in front of you on the right side as I recall and it had a pull cord too.

It was a girl collector back in the day.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #53332
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post
We never made it to the locked gate. This guy stopped us right off 23. I saw the trail on the gps that you highlighted and I was going to try to go that way but the guy said we couldn't get there. He must not have known what he was talking about. This happened just this morning. The weird thing is, he was backing down the road with a trailer with a water tank on it when we came upon him. This was only about 1/2 mile off 23. That's when he stopped and got out and told us we couldn't go through. Couldn't figure out why he was backing back down the road, if he knew it was closed.
yeah he was full of it..the road closed is 6 miles in..unless there was a big tree across the road would be abt the only reason for him back down..would have loved to have been there with ya, to prove him wrong and to show you the way!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #53333
DrLewall
The Human GPS

way past my bed time..I am outta here!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #53334
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Oddometer: 1,658
There was a "gang" of these guys at Deal's Gap when we were there. They took off and headed up the hill and I swear they were louder than anything that will be on Dickson this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Oh... I dunno'... I still think it's the shitdz! That is a NICE restoration.

FWIW:

Did you know the latest scourage to hit the streets and hiways of our nation? SCOOTER GANGS.

Yup, that's right. It's terrifying. Pirates roaming our streets on big V twins have nothing on these notorious bands of n'er do wells.

Check it out for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMmL-N3cWM

V-man
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #53335
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,730
Not that y'all care... But it appears that Ducati is marking down the 796 Hypermotard. I hope this is an indication that Ducati is about to offer an 848 Multi at the Intermot show, next week.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #53336
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
He was probably watering his pot plants one more time before harvest.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #53337
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Mornin fellers
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #53338
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
My brother had a Cushman and delivered papers in Boonevile on it. He's 17 years older than me Chuck.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #53339
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
Mornin Doc.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #53340
DrLewall
The Human GPS

get to work Joe!