ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #53416
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
They are already on it.



SGT Jason M. Swindle, 24, Beebe, AR, 27, 28, 29 SEP 12

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForum...1/Default.aspx
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #53417
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by protondecay123 View Post
The Westboro Baptist Nuts are coming to Beebe Saturday to Protest the Funeral of Sgt. Jason M. Swindle at the First Baptist Church at 101 HWY 64 West, in Beebe, AR at 115pm on Saturday Sept 29, 2012. The family is requesting that "bikers" come shield them from the protest. Please spread the word. With Bikes, Blues and BBQ in town, surely some can make the ride to Beebe on Saturday.
Has anyone requested for Patriot Guard Riders to be there?
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #53418
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Has anyone requested for Patriot Guard Riders to be there?
See my post above
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #53419
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-razor View Post
See my post above
One day I'm gonna learn to read the whole thread before I hop on the keyboard. I also got a notification email from PGR about some local guys heading that way.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #53420
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
protondecay123's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Has anyone requested for Patriot Guard Riders to be there?
Looks like they have a plan.
__________________
Sometimes the Lights are all Shinin' on Me
Other times I can barely see
Lately It Occurs to Me
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #53421
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-razor View Post
They are already on it.

SGT Jason M. Swindle, 24, Beebe, AR, 27, 28, 29 SEP 12

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForum...1/Default.aspx
Thanks Steve. Yes, this was distributed to Guard members some time ago. Actually, there are several missions in the region this week, including one in Fayetteville on Friday afternoon. PGR is a very organized group, and a worthy organization. If you are interested in joining, go to the web site, read up on PGR, and attend a local mission to meet the local ride captains and regulars. These are great fellows, and the missions are all about respect for our fallen service men and women. Riders are not in it for glory or attention.

Regarding the Beebe mission, there will be a large gathering of PGR members already there, and it doesn't help to have a bunch of random BBB riders over there, as they can actually distract from the service. The Westboro idiots like threatening attendance to KIA missions just to stir things up. PGR is always ready for them, and have a formal plan if they do.
In any case, a big mission like that isn't the best for your first PGR ride, if you are interested. A better choice is a smaller, local service where PGR members are sometimes stretched thin. Unfortunately, there are lots of opportunities to join a local PGR mission and show your respect to our local fallen heroes, and that would be a better first mission.
__________________
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club
| You can follow My Spot | Last Ride: 2014 3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #53422
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Thanks Steve. Yes, this was distributed to Guard members some time ago. Actually, there are several missions in the region this week, including one in Fayetteville on Friday afternoon. PGR is a very organized group, and a worthy organization. If you are interested in joining, go to the web site, read up on PGR, and attend a local mission to meet the local ride captains and regulars. These are great fellows, and the missions are all about respect for our fallen service men and women. Riders are not in it for glory or attention.

Regarding the Beebe mission, there will be a large gathering of PGR members already there, and it doesn't help to have a bunch of random BBB riders over there, as they can actually distract from the service. The Westboro idiots like threatening attendance to KIA missions just to stir things up. PGR is always ready for them, and have a formal plan if they do.
In any case, a big mission like that isn't the best for your first PGR ride, if you are interested. A better choice is a smaller, local service where PGR members are sometimes stretched thin. Unfortunately, there are lots of opportunities to join a local PGR mission and show your respect to our local fallen heroes, and that would be a better first mission.
Well said
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #53423
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,020
got a few photos, of the real bikers that showed up...

coolest bike I saw


who rode this, is that a girls bike?


I parked near Gus


being the true badassed biker Doc is, he was having a run in with Johnny Law!

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 11:21 AM
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #53424
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer
 
sc-razor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 3,746
Thanks Matt!
__________________
2009 XR650L

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #53425
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,020
from this different angle, I can tell what the cop was hassling Doc about!




then Doc blurted out " I am armed! if you try and cuff me I will defend myself!"

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #53426
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,020
and then! I realized that Doc knew the cop, crisis averted! look at those happy smiles.


__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #53427
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,020
back to business!

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #53428
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
and then! I realized that Doc knew the cop, crisis averted! look at those happy smiles.


BWAAAAHHAHAHAHHH! Matt that is awesome!!!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #53429
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,448
Bluhduh Dang

I thought I was going to see pics of you guys riding up the WAC steps.
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #53430
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,020
gus did.

then when the cops chased him, he rode that bike like a trials bike thru the flowerbed, then pulled a wheelie thru the first 4 gears to get away!


it all happened so fast I didnt get a pic though.
it was incredible you should have seen it!





Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
I thought I was going to see pics of you guys riding up the WAC steps.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014