Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #53476
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
I am still partial to this guy, nearly a daily listen for me, I hope you like him as well.
It's funny how my music taste changes and sites like youtube and pandora only accelerate the change.

Right now I primarily slide a trombone, when I'm not mixing and recording my friends. So most my music gravitates to a group sound. Thanks for passing Whitmore along. I'll keep him mind, when I trade my mandolin for a dobro and a busted beer bottle. I've wanted a dobro for a while now but there's just too many hands in the cookie jar.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #53477
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,632
I agree with a few things that you say, the crowds are certainly not my thing either, I can observe and objectify as well as anyone I guess though.

I do not consider myself a biker, im just a guy that likes to explore, camp,, and I have found a bike to be the faster/cheaper method for me, and I prefer to ride than drive to work 340+ days per year.

as far as law abiding.. see, I was trying to not dabble a foot back, but I swear, on my ride home today, I avoided the main traffic, came up a back road, and lo and behold, a chain of cruisers, mostly 2 up, coming up a hill to a stop sign, every single one of them ran the stop sign to avoid stopping on the hill, thus stopping me and the cars behind me from progressing as we should have down the lane.

that stuff is bullshit, and I understand that it doesnt bother you, it wouldnt bother me if I were 200 miles away either.
But im here, I work every day too, and I have to come and go in that mess, so Id at least like to see SOME basic respect of the traffic laws here.

Oh, ive been told there have been many accidents, and possibly already some fatalities as well, I hope those reports are false....

Oh and you asked earlier why I didnt complain about the other factions of bikers, or spodes.

well, if 200,000 bmw riders in whale foreskin suits showed up and crowded my local starbucks, I can promise you, I wouldnt be silent about that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
MFoL: Good 'nuf.

FWIW: I don't do large crowds too good and large bike events take me about 1-2 hours and I've seen what I want to see. Nothing against the events or their riders in particular, just the way I'm wired. Case in point: A friend talked me into filling a vacancy and going with him to Sturgis in 2010. Even gave me the rooms of the other guy that cancelled. So... I went. (Was riding a Deuce at the time.) We stayed at Keystone. Had a great time on the ride out... enjoyed the Black Hills on Mon and Tues. On Wed, he wanted to head for the actual Sturgis part of the Sturgis thing. I told him I'm not too much into that scene, but I'd give it a shot. We arrived about 8 AM Wed. I was there a total of 1 1/2 hours... just long enough to find/buy the wife a T-shirt, pick me up a shirt and take a pic of mainstreet. I called his cell phone and told him it was nothing personal but I was outta' here. I then went riding the rest of the day and saw some great stuff he never saw. Next day I rode something like 250 miles to see Devil's Tower while he did his bike week thing. Oh, and I only lasted 2 hours at the one and only BBBQ I attended (2008?). Too much crowd. I'm a dual sporter at heart. I like mountains and solitude... maybe a small group.

See above. Just figure if they're on two wheels and not flagrantly breaking the law... then it's all good. Wish the biking world could get together and join forces instead of dividing over preferences. We (all bikers) would have a lot more legislative clout then. That way, we help (calls/letters to Congress/votes) the other facets of biking with the issues they face and they help us with ours (land use, for example). Guess that ain't never gonna' happen though.

V-man
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #53478
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Good music, lame ass bike.

Cut me some slack... not everyone can handle a KTM.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #53479
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

I want a banjo, and to learn how to play one.

and I have an older bluegrass musician at work ( deadeye for those that know NWA music)
he will teach me the banjo and has been trying to teach me the harmonica too, music is hard for me to learn.

I swear, calculus was easier.

trombone... wow. not my cup o tea, son played trumpete for a while, I couldnt get it. I played sax in jr high ( alto) but I was no good at it...

I think I will stick to playing the youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
It's funny how my music taste changes and sites like youtube and pandora only accelerate the change.

Right now I primarily slide a trombone, when I'm not mixing and recording my friends. So most my music gravitates to a group sound. Thanks for passing Whitmore along. I'll keep him mind, when I trade my mandolin for a dobro and a busted beer bottle. I've wanted a dobro for a while now but there's just too many hands in the cookie jar.

nlp
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #53480
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,435
Quote:
that stuff is bullshit,
While the wreck near Pleasant Grove had southbound lanes of I-540 closed today, you should've seen all the "bikers" running down the shoulder.

I have no idea where they thought they were going, and I wondered what the ASP and Rogers cops did when they ended up with a shoulder full of pirates at the accident scene!

IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #53481
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

poor guys, they were just trying to get to the bar before happy hour.

when are you headed to Erbie?

I had fleeting thoughts of backpacking this weekend, but its just not cold enough, I dont like chiggers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
While the wreck near Pleasant Grove had southbound lanes of I-540 closed today, you should've seen all the "bikers" running down the shoulder.

I have no idea where they thought they were going, and I wondered what the ASP and Rogers cops did when they ended up with a shoulder full of pirates at the accident scene!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #53482
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,435
Quote:
poor guys, they were just trying to get to the bar before happy hour.

when are you headed to Erbie?

I had fleeting thoughts of backpacking this weekend, but its just not cold enough, I dont like chiggers!
I have to work tomorrow night, so we're heading over there early Saturday. Staying at the Erbie Horse Camp with two of our horses Saturday Night.

Saturday afternoon, we plan on riding Cecil Creek Trail, then down to Cherry Grove and Parker-Hickman to check out the old buildings.

Sunday, the plan is to ride Erbie-Comption Road > Bench Trail > Sneeds Creek > Old River Trail in a big loop back to Erbie.

When we were over there three weeks ago, we didn't have any troubles with ticks or chiggers.

Water levels are super-low. It's a good time to be on Old River Trail, since a lot of the crossings won't even get you wet right now!

IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”

rocker59 screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 09:13 PM
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #53483
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I want a banjo, and to learn how to play one.

and I have an older bluegrass musician at work ( deadeye for those that know NWA music)
he will teach me the banjo and has been trying to teach me the harmonica too, music is hard for me to learn.

I swear, calculus was easier.

trombone... wow. not my cup o tea, son played trumpete for a while, I couldnt get it. I played sax in jr high ( alto) but I was no good at it...

I think I will stick to playing the youtube.

I'd like to own a banjo, but I'd never pay the price for a "good one". those suckers are expensive. I mess around at times with a harmonica but not very often. Bass is what plucks my strings and that's why I enjoy the trombone. Right now my wife is teaching our children how to read music and play a horn. We have 5 clarinets, an alto clarinet, a flute, 3 trombones, a piano, a guitar, a ukelele and a mandolin. I've been thinking a set of drums and a bass guitar, are next on the list..

nlp

Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #53484
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

sounds like a well rounded family band!
if yall end up sounding like "hanson" I will strait up unfreind you, fair warning.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #53485
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
sounds like a well rounded family band!
if yall end up sounding like "hanson" I will strait up unfreind you, fair warning.

You've been warned. The kids started vocal lessons last week.

nlp

Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #53486
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,885
Mornin fellers

wow...lots to talk abt..I have both a banjo and a dobro..I can pick the banjo a little..I prefer drop thumb or frail style over scruggs style..the dobro, no clue..I just need to pick it up and do it, purpose would be for blues, and maybe a little bit o bluegrass..wish I had someone to pick with..use to be in a bluegrass band 30 sumthing yrs ago, I played fiddle..I miss it.

as for the crowds at BBBQ..I only go to lust for the women and pass judgment upon the pavement surfers, and the smell of the carny food! Unlike Mouth, I don't have to ride everyday to work like him so I don't have to be out in that mess, lucky me eh?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #53487
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,885
Reminds me of SPOT

Here ya go Gus

hey guys, remember yesterday there was talk at BBBQ abt some guy who lost his fingers in a open primary on a bike?

this is related!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #53488
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,095
Gmornin YFF's :-)
Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #53489
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

we should start an adv band!

Ted can play the lead skin-flute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Mornin fellers

wow...lots to talk abt..I have both a banjo and a dobro..I can pick the banjo a little..I prefer drop thumb or frail style over scruggs style..the dobro, no clue..I just need to pick it up and do it, purpose would be for blues, and maybe a little bit o bluegrass..wish I had someone to pick with..use to be in a bluegrass band 30 sumthing yrs ago, I played fiddle..I miss it.

as for the crowds at BBBQ..I only go to lust for the women and pass judgment upon the pavement surfers, and the smell of the carny food! Unlike Mouth, I don't have to ride everyday to work like him so I don't have to be out in that mess, lucky me eh?
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #53490
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,095
Quote:
we should start an adv band!

Ted can play the lead skin-flute.

And you can play the Hairy Bag Pipes.