ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #54766
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Shhhh. Kathe's listening...
Heh. Now that I've traded off my Busa, gonna have to find me another super sport tourer. I'm thinking ZX 14

Already got some of the parts I need to get my little Gixxer street worthy. Let the tickets commence!!!
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #54767
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Heh. Now that I've traded off my Busa, gonna have to find me another super sport tourer. I'm thinking ZX 14

Already got some of the parts I need to get my little Gixxer street worthy. Let the tickets commence!!!
What size is the Gixxer Albie?

No matter the size though, them things are fun.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #54768
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,739
Info please

Any of y'all ever have Thanksgiving dinner at the Mount Magazine Lodge? Looking for traditional type dinner in a nice setting. Thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #54769
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Any of y'all ever have Thanksgiving dinner at the Mount Magazine Lodge? Looking for traditional type dinner in a nice setting. Thanks.
They serve gumbo and boudin at Mt. Magazine?
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #54770
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
what size is the gixxer albie?

No matter the size though, them things are fun.
600
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #54771
Vinnie the Snake
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, Ok
Oddometer: 1,093
This Eureka Springs thing might work out well. Looking good so far.....
__________________
2007 - Vintage TAT - Ok, NM, Co
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233901

2008 - Vintage TAT - Ut, Nv, Or
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331983

2009 - Vintage TAT - NC, Tn, Ms, Ar
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507149

2010 - Unfinished Business Tour - TAT, CDR Shadow of the Rockies
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615279
Vinnie the Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #54772
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Any of y'all ever have Thanksgiving dinner at the Mount Magazine Lodge? Looking for traditional type dinner in a nice setting. Thanks.
Mag Mtn is nice to stay at, but the meals in the lodge are "average" at best..you wont be too impressed, UNLESS they have plans to have a full service dinner crew working then, but I wouldnt count on it...I think you might find a better deal in Eureka Springs
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #54773
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer
 
spagthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,592
So.... Is there a lot of good dirt riding up in NWA? How bad are the winters...do you have to winterize the bikes and wait till spring, or can you get out often enough to not bother?
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #54774
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
So.... Is there a lot of good dirt riding up in NWA? How bad are the winters...do you have to winterize the bikes and wait till spring, or can you get out often enough to not bother?
You won't like it. Miles and miles of dirt roads. Twisty, undulating paved roads. Mom & Pop eateries everywhere you look.

It ain't safe. There's Docs and Albies and Tedleys and Dizzer Charliez and banjos and...


__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #54775
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lincoln AR.
Oddometer: 114
You paint a picture that is right on.
__________________
If loud pipes save lives what will knowing how to ride do for you?
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #54776
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Mag Mtn is nice to stay at, but the meals in the lodge are "average" at best..you wont be too impressed, UNLESS they have plans to have a full service dinner crew working then, but I wouldnt count on it...I think you might find a better deal in Eureka Springs
Thank you Sir, I appreciate that. I am impressed ,,,,,,but kinda confused. You don't seem to be anything like your "friends" describe you. Hmmm!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #54777
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thank you Sir, I appreciate that. I am impressed ,,,,,,but kinda confused. You don't seem to be anything like your "friends" describe you. Hmmm!
You did notice that he's trying to get you to Eureka Springs didn't you? Probably for "Diversity Weekend" no less.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #54778
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
So.... Is there a lot of good dirt riding up in NWA? How bad are the winters...do you have to winterize the bikes and wait till spring, or can you get out often enough to not bother?
You might peek at Arkansas ride reports to get an idea of our dirt...Here.

I winterize my bike:
1. Plug in heated vest
2. Turn on heated grips.
3. Ride.

Seriously, we have a day here or there all winter long that you can sneak in a ride.
__________________
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club
| You can follow My Spot | Last Ride: 2014 3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #54779
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer
 
spagthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,592
Temp doesn't scare me off much, but black ice and roads covered in sand and other crud aren't my favorite. As much as I love dirt, I put more miles on the GS.

Weighing a job in the area against some other possibilities, and I've never been anywhere in AR other than passing through Little Rock (which I didn't care for much). NWA seems like it would be decent for outdoor activities. I just didn't know if it included any public use dirt road/trails. Something more made for a thumper.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #54780
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thank you Sir, I appreciate that. I am impressed ,,,,,,but kinda confused. You don't seem to be anything like your "friends" describe you. Hmmm!
them fawking liars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Temp doesn't scare me off much, but black ice and roads covered in sand and other crud aren't my favorite. As much as I love dirt, I put more miles on the GS.

Weighing a job in the area against some other possibilities, and I've never been anywhere in AR other than passing through Little Rock (which I didn't care for much). NWA seems like it would be decent for outdoor activities. I just didn't know if it included any public use dirt road/trails. Something more made for a thumper.
oH my good man..you would be in for a treat..but keep it under your hat and check out the arkansas ride report thread in this section!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014