Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #54841
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Its a shame but in actual practice the "medical" has proven to be just a sham. The "DR shopping" for prescription drugs is a monstrous problem and many of those "morons" are aware of it. I understand your point and respect it but many are still very skeptical. For good reason.
So what, at least it's not nearly as destructive as most of the prescription pain killers on the market currently. You want to punish somebody, punish the Docs and drug companies for becoming legalized pushers.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #54842
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
So what, at least it's not nearly as destructive as most of the prescription pain killers on the market currently. You want to punish somebody, punish the Docs and drug companies for becoming legalized pushers.
All I know is;

If my cancer spreads to the point where I'm in vast amounts of pain it ain't gonna be morphine drips for this kid. I'm gonna have a baggie of pot in front of me for pain relief. With or without a 'script.

This is a discussion that could make the rounds several time without any firm conclusion. Each of us has a belief or opinion on this, and many other subjects. There is probably a fair amount of right and wrong in any one opinion, but that doesn't change this fact for me. This is about as fine a group of folks I've ever been involved with. I've seen charity, caring, ridicule, helpfulness, slandering (), fun poking, advice, etc shared in this thread as well as others. If churches and government would conduct themselves like the motorcycling community then our world would probably be a happier place. I've never been involved with a group of folks who do more to share and help than the m/c family.
So, it don't matter who gets elected. Or who promises what. It's all sorted out on the personal level.

And a flight of military choppers just floated over the house Awesome sight and sound.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #54843
DrLewall
Banned

Oddometer: 32,121
all my voting issues are done and over...now to plan a feast and a ride..lets do it!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #54844
ozarkrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
all my voting issues are done and over...now to plan a feast and a ride..lets do it!
Speakin' of feasts. We ain't had an ADV brekkie gathering in a while. Or should we do a lunch for the late blossoming risers? I'm in need of some ADV fellowship.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #54845
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
It's amazing how many idiots on both sides don't understand that it's legalizing MJ for MEDICAL reasons. Listening to callers on the radio the other day many talked like it's a law to just legalize it. And to think, many of these morons will actually vote. Pretty much explains the state of things now.
Aren't Headaches a medical condition? IIRC Glaucoma is also relieved by said potential drug.
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #54846
DrLewall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Speakin' of feasts. We ain't had an ADV brekkie gathering in a while. Or should we do a lunch for the late blossoming risers? I'm in need of some ADV fellowship.
yeah..me too
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #54847
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Well get to planning!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #54848
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Show me the way I can eat and ride to day . Is that too quick?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #54849
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,868
Most excellent post, it should be read again....

Quote:
All I know is;

If my cancer spreads to the point where I'm in vast amounts of pain it ain't gonna be morphine drips for this kid. I'm gonna have a baggie of pot in front of me for pain relief. With or without a 'script.

This is a discussion that could make the rounds several time without any firm conclusion. Each of us has a belief or opinion on this, and many other subjects. There is probably a fair amount of right and wrong in any one opinion, but that doesn't change this fact for me. This is about as fine a group of folks I've ever been involved with. I've seen charity, caring, ridicule, helpfulness, slandering (), fun poking, advice, etc shared in this thread as well as others. If churches and government would conduct themselves like the motorcycling community then our world would probably be a happier place. I've never been involved with a group of folks who do more to share and help than the m/c family.
So, it don't matter who gets elected. Or who promises what. It's all sorted out on the personal level.

And a flight of military choppers just floated over the house Awesome sight and sound.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #54850
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:
All I know is;

My dad has been fighting cancer for the past 4-5 months. Surgery and now radiation. These past few weeks he has had a really rough time. I've always known him to be strong and push through anything, but right now he's confined to a lazy boy or the bed. His appetite and taste is gone, and he's been losing weight dramatically. I'm on the boat for this act to get passed. If it were available for him, I have no doubt it would make him feel better and improve his life as it is now.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #54851
DrLewall
Banned

I suspect that Obama will take lead in the polls as voting goes on thru the day..Once the Romney supporters get off work and go vote, that margin will narrow substantially!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #54852
ozarkrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
My dad has been fighting cancer for the past 4-5 months. Surgery and now radiation. These past few weeks he has had a really rough time. I've always known him to be strong and push through anything, but right now he's confined to a lazy boy or the bed. His appetite and taste is gone, and he's been losing weight dramatically. I'm on the boat for this act to get passed. If it were available for him, I have no doubt it would make him feel better and improve his life as it is now.
Kyle, I've been sparring with cancer for 2 years now. If your Dad needs someone to visit with pm me for my number. I'd be happy to talk to him. Biggest thing I can offer is for him to stay positive. Cancer can be beat. He's tougher than this disease. And there's things he can do to help quality of life as well.
I'll be praying for him as well. I find faith is a good helper as well.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #54853
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
I suspect that Obama will take lead in the polls as voting goes on thru the day..Once the Romney supporters get off work and go vote, that margin will narrow substantially!
Your making me laugh today Doc. Thanks.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #54854
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:
Kyle, I've been sparring with cancer for 2 years now. If your Dad needs someone to visit with pm me for my number. I'd be happy to talk to him. Biggest thing I can offer is for him to stay positive. Cancer can be beat. He's tougher than this disease. And there's things he can do to help quality of life as well.
I'll be praying for him as well. I find faith is a good helper as well.
I appreciate that. His faith is strong, the surgery went well and he just finished up his radiation treatments. So, hopefully, things will just get better from here.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #54855
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
All I know is;

Well said as usual!

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote