ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #56056
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Damn Doc, it must be he'll to get old,
tell me NEWS, not History! It's no wonder tho, I have been up since 0330
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #56057
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky
 
Elvis70's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 5,053
Another reason I won't be putting bags on my bike. If I wanted to carry a bunch of luggage I would drive my wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
HOLY cow! It's a bitch when you forget you have panniers!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...into+sailboat/
__________________
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #56058
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,807
Whelp, y'all missed a damn fine day of riding. Sunny, warm, hell I was sweating out there in my windbreaker! If this is global warming, I'm all for it. In fact, I did my best to contribute to it today on my two-smoker out in Mill Creek.




It's just amazing how different a place can be depending on what bike you're on. I hated this place on my Husky 610. But there was nothing out there that wasn't fun on the KDX. Crazy steep hills, rocks, roots, mud, it was all a blast. Wednesdays are gonna be my Mill Creek days. Nobody out there to be annoyed by my ring-a-dinging through the woods.

Seriously, if you've only ridden dual sport bikes on the dirt, you owe it to yourself to try a lighter bike. So much fun.

__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #56059
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
what color are they?
Most were dark colars. I picked one up in black mostly with a little grey. i wanted a tall size but heck for only $100 i picked up a 2xl and am happy. It does all kinds of stuff. Has a ton of zippers. Also inside a bag for the summer that u zip on that is water proof.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #56060
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,765
Hey..somebody with more tack than me, tell scribe that this is the BS thread and not the ride report thread!








DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #56061
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Whelp, y'all missed a damn fine day of riding. Sunny, warm, hell I was sweating out there in my windbreaker! If this is global warming, I'm all for it. In fact, I did my best to contribute to it today on my two-smoker out in Mill Creek.




It's just amazing how different a place can be depending on what bike you're on. I hated this place on my Husky 610. But there was nothing out there that wasn't fun on the KDX. Crazy steep hills, rocks, roots, mud, it was all a blast. Wednesdays are gonna be my Mill Creek days. Nobody out there to be annoyed by my ring-a-dinging through the woods.

Seriously, if you've only ridden dual sport bikes on the dirt, you owe it to yourself to try a lighter bike. So much fun.


There a lot of trails down there to ride? Not working right now so i have a lot of riding time on my hands. Looking for a fun place to ride by myself and a safe place to take my wife and kids to ride.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #56062
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Hey..somebody with more tack than me, tell scribe that this is the BS thread and not the ride report thread!








Sorry 'bout that. Just thought I'd throw some riding stuff in here to mix it up.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #56063
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
There a lot of trails down there to ride? Not working right now so i have a lot of riding time on my hands. Looking for a fun place to ride by myself and a safe place to take my wife and kids to ride.

stuck

Ton of trails down in Mill Creek. The Blue Loop alone is 27 miles. There's some gnarly stuff though, really steep hills, rocks, etc. What are you riding?
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #56064
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Sorry 'bout that. Just thought I'd throw some riding stuff in here to mix it up.
mix'n it up is good! I was just mocking the ride report thread.. glad you posted it here, cause I aint allowed in the ride report thread anymore
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #56065
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Ton of trails down in Mill Creek. The Blue Loop alone is 27 miles. There's some gnarly stuff though, really steep hills, rocks, etc. What are you riding?

Got a Stock XR400. not legal so cant ride To much on the street. my first bike and maybe have riden 30 miles on it so far.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #56066
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lincoln AR.
Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
mix'n it up is good! I was just mocking the ride report thread.. glad you posted it here, cause I aint allowed in the ride report thread anymore
It could be BS .
__________________
If loud pipes save lives what will knowing how to ride do for you?
BIGASSDIRTRIDER100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #56067
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Got a Stock XR400. not legal so cant ride To much on the street. my first bike and maybe have riden 30 miles on it so far.

stuck
That's a good choice for out there. If you have the time off during the week it's the time to go. If not, weekends are good too. Lemme me know when you want to go.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #56068
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,767
I'm back. My trips to DC always both inspire me and piss me off. On one hand, the history that surrounds me is truly awesome. On the other hand, being close to the petty and constant partisan BS spewing from politicians drives me nuts.

I got there about 4 hours early, so I walked along the Mall. I wonder if our elected weenies even look at these war memorials anymore. They have they forgotten to do their jobs, and instead just focus on making sound bites for their re-election.
The memorials are incredibly powerful, reminding me of..

...the sacrifices of my father in law (Marine sniper) and others suffering the "police action" now known as the Korean War.



...all that my dad and so many young boys left of themselves in the South Pacific on that LCT.



...the hell endured by many of my ADV buddies in Vietnam.



If you haven't seen these in person, to me they made my trip.
__________________
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club
| You can follow My Spot | Last Ride: 2014 3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #56069
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,860
I have a hard time breathing when there.

Thanks for the respect.
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #56070
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
There a lot of trails down there to ride? Not working right now so i have a lot of riding time on my hands. Looking for a fun place to ride by myself and a safe place to take my wife and kids to ride.

stuck

My boy and I sure had a good time riding part of the blue loop, a few months back.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1274

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014