ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #56476
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager
 
OLEARY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Rogers, AR
Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Picture looks like the perfect size on my screen.

On your name, I figured it was something like that. Everytime I see your name I start hummin 'Oh Lord, I'm Stuck in Lodi again'!
__________________
Yamaha WR250R, KTM 450EXC
Moab Ride 10
Trails of the West Lite 2011
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #56477
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Crazy no, blind yes. That is one of, if not the ugliest bike going. I mean, it makes a Vstrom look good.
What's not to like, it's a got a big chest and a little rear.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #56478
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
I really like but me and dry clutch dont get along or I need BMW to take a look at one I had.....either stunk or killed on most hills
The 2007 MTS1100 came with a wet clutch and should get about 48-50mpg.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #56479
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
i found a 70 at a good price. was hoping for a 50.
Looks good to me. I recommend people pick up a 70 for the first bike. My boy outgrew his 50 within about 6 months of owning it. A 70 will last a long time for your boy unless he gets off into racing.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #56480
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Probably the same day, you help me inspect the valves.

nlp
They're easy enough to do. I'd be happy to walk you through it.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #56481
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Looks good to me. I recommend people pick up a 70 for the first bike. My boy outgrew his 50 within about 6 months of owning it. A 70 will last a long time for your boy unless he gets off into racing.

nlp
My older two have 110's. There tall for there age. Not sure of the next bike for them. I liked the 110s for no clutch. But now looking back on it i wish i had gotten taller bikes with a clutch.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #56482
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 930
Well boys... I am out for this Sunday, I have to attend a funeral in Missouri. Give Santa's beard a yank for me.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #56483
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
My older two have 110's. There tall for there age. Not sure of the next bike for them. I liked the 110s for no clutch. But now looking back on it i wish i had gotten taller bikes with a clutch.

stuck
The clutchless bikes should be easy sell, when the time comes for an upgrade. If I had it to over I probably do just like you've done. IMO, learning to operate a clutch really doesn't matter, unless you're racing or moving up to a bike in the 250cc class. It seems a lot easier on me, when the kids can just gas and go, particularly on inclines and water crossings.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #56484
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
The clutchless bikes should be easy sell, when the time comes for an upgrade. If I had it to over I probably do just like you've done. IMO, learning to operate a clutch really doesn't matter, unless you're racing or moving up to a bike in the 250cc class. It seems a lot easier on me, when the kids can just gas and go, particularly on inclines and water crossings.

nlp

Yea it is nice when there getting used to riding. They dont mind going up hills but going down there not to happy with. They also hate rocky spots. we do a lot of riding at Rushsprings in MO. There is a big grassy loop the side of two football fields that has been great for them to learn to ride. The 110s are fun to ride. even with me on them if u twist it the front tire will come off the ground pretty fast.

Any idea of a good size dirt bike for a kid that is 5'5? i will put a picture of them on there 110s. they just look to big for them i think. but i am new to all this. what do u all think?


stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #56485
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin
 
Dravintoad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Looks good to me. I recommend people pick up a 70 for the first bike. My boy outgrew his 50 within about 6 months of owning it. A 70 will last a long time for your boy unless he gets off into racing.

nlp
I ride my kids 50
__________________
Coitus Thou, Thou coital coitus.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #56486
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
I ride my kids 50
Yea the little ones are a lot of fun. i have a ton of fun with the 110's. there a little bigger but a lot more power

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #56487
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
What's not to like, it's a got a big chest and a little rear.

nlp
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #56488
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,832
The 123KB count is good but...
I like 800 X 600 and less than 100 KB

YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
wanted to test this picture out. this is my youngest getting ready to put his training wheels on a couple months ago. he just turned 4. i found a 70 at a good price. was hoping for a 50. but he just wants to ride with me. the hole time he wants to look for jumps and go faster. Does the picture look to big to you guys? this is my first time using photo bucket
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #56489
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
wanted to test this picture out. this is my youngest getting ready to put his training wheels on a couple months ago. he just turned 4. i found a 70 at a good price. was hoping for a 50. but he just wants to ride with me. the hole time he wants to look for jumps and go faster. Does the picture look to big to you guys? this is my first time using photo bucket
Your picture is great. A good rule of thumb is big pictures are great for kids and hot chicks . and food.

You got him wrenching already? Will he do oil changes and spoon on tires?
__________________
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club...........You can follow My Spot
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #56490
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Your picture is great. A good rule of thumb is big pictures are great for kids and hot chicks . and food.

You got him wrenching already? Will he do oil changes and spoon on tires?
He loves to work on stuff. He got it from his moms side of the family. I am just getting into working on stuff. I was just out there with some tools out. i have to keep an eye on him. He will turn anything that will move. But he did get all the bolts out of the little big after i got it started for him

How do i make the pictures smaller?

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014