Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #58666
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
There's a reason I just wire that kinda shit directly to the battery. Really lowers the chance I'm gonna screw up something else on the bike.
That was the original intent but then I began perusing for alternatives....Bad Curiosity!!!BAD!! Killing cats again.
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #58667
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Wow, they actually call you rather then send you a letter? Was it the county or city? Used to get jury duty summons from Dallas county every year like clockwork. Got a municipal summons once. Only served on a jury once though.
They sent me a letter in January then called me to summon me for Thursday and it was the County.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #58668
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Jt if you ever need to know anything about Stators, Wiring harnesses or fire suppression let me know.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #58669
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,629
Run JT!!! Run fast, run far!!!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #58670
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

I will lay out a route and send it to those of you that expressed interest.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #58671
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I will lay out a route and send it to those of you that expressed interest.
Put me down as a confirmed "maybe."

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #58672
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
Read the book, The Millionaire Next Door, and you may change your mind about supplementing her forever. Children of the affluent who get a good education but no financiall support beyond that accumulate much more wealth then do the children who continue to get financial support.
LOL. I read it, and others similar. My philosophy is to raise a person happy and healthy in life, not with a goal of accumulating wealth. I believe the goal of accumulating wealth (or any goal) should be left up to the one living their life. I've never set my kids goals. But, when my kids were about the age of your daughter, I had great plans and ideas about cutting them loose altogether. Dreams of new and bigger bikes were in my plans
My son moved out a month after college, cut the strings, and after two years of part time jobs living in a crap-hole, he got the job he always wanted to do (working with vets). He got married this summer, and seems happy, but he will never accumulate real wealth. My daughter wanted to follow her college training in theatre, and I helped a lot for year 1 after college, cut that in half in year 2, and it is about to be near zero. She is living her dream in the big city, but quickly got hit with the reality that with dream comes work she didn't really have in mind doing (to pay the bills). Who knows where she'll be next year, or in 5 years. She'll decide, not me.
Both of them wanted me out of the "supply chain", but, both of them will get the "daddy back-up" if needed. This is not "supplementing forever" or filling the "I really want a new flat screen" wish, but when they ran into a choice between medical care and not getting it...I'm on it. It happened, and will again I am sure.
Choices of helping financially are pretty simple from my perspective. Love and care first, material shit last.
There isn't a right, wrong or "one way" to do it. That makes us all individuals, generally a good thing.
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #58673
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,641
Good post there Mr. Magoo. I enjoyed reading that.
MartiniUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #58674
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Good post there Mr. Magoo. I enjoyed reading that.
Me too! Way to go Magoo!!
I was raised by this philosophy. I purchased all of my vehicles, paid my own insurance, paid for my own toys, gas money did My chores in return for free rent when in high school. My parents did sign on to my school loan that I paid for (there were times when destitute, that they would help out) Finally finished paying off last year...
I may not make a ton of money, but I feel like I have gotten much more out of life than I would have otherwise. Thanks to you Dads out there.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #58675
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

My Dad used the "Tie em in a sack, throw em overboard" method for teaching independence to his children. Lucky none of us drowned although we had to be revived on occasion.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #58676
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Alright...alright tired of thinking about work...Who wouldn't mind me tagging along on a ride saturday?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #58677
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Jt, see my post above. Several of us are riding Saturday toward Turner Bend through White Rock.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #58678
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Jt, see my post above. Several of us are riding Saturday toward Turner Bend through White Rock.

Sounds Good to me wheres a good place and time to meet up?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #58679
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Sounds Good to me wheres a good place and time to meet up?
You got a GPS, I will send you the route/track, whichever you prefer. Send me a PM with your email and I will send the route back.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #58680
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,570
Quote:
Man I'd love to go but, dammit, I'll be Hawaii. Sucks. Just sucks.