ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #59521
JaiDee
Petrolhead
 
JaiDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Fateville, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,153
On the road again...

The wife decided we needed to get out of the cold weather in Arkansas so we hit the road west...only to find out it was supposed to be 70 degrees the day we left. We overnighted in Albieville (Amarillo) then off to Santa Fe, where it was a balmy 19 degrees that night. Head west for warmth????? No, I didn't say that to my wife. But OK, it's gotta get better, right?

The next day's trip up to Bandelier National Monument was cancelled...due to heavy snow and icy roads. Crap! I really wanted to see that place. We headed south and west taking the back roads and ended up at...



Though it doedsn't look much like it, it was in the teens and the roads were snowpacked. OK, no problem, we're headed to Arizona where it's warm, right??? Fat chance. When we arrived in Flagstaff it was 17 degrees. I think I said something like "It's really nice here" and got the look of death from my better half. All she said was "I'm COLD!" Good thing I had a couple of tall boy Modelos to keep me company.

Today we finally hit some warmth as we drove down into the Colorado River Canyon in the southern part of Nevada. No, we didn't win any money in the casino, but we didn't lose much either.

Presently we're in Willowbutton California enjoying the warm weather and the sights of thousands of pictacio trees and acres of different kinds of veggies. Tomorrow we hit the coast and Morro Bay.

It's been fun being on the road again, seeing the beauty that this country of ours contains. I've never been a big fan of the desert, but must admit that driving across New Mexico and Arizona was pretty striking.

Ride safe.

-JD
__________________
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #59522
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
The wife decided we needed to get out of the cold weather in Arkansas so we hit the road west...only to find out it was supposed to be 70 degrees the day we left. We overnighted in Albieville (Amarillo) then off to Santa Fe, where it was a balmy 19 degrees that night. Head west for warmth????? No, I didn't say that to my wife. But OK, it's gotta get better, right?

The next day's trip up to Bandelier National Monument was cancelled...due to heavy snow and icy roads. Crap! I really wanted to see that place. We headed south and west taking the back roads and ended up at...



Though it doedsn't look much like it, it was in the teens and the roads were snowpacked. OK, no problem, we're headed to Arizona where it's warm, right??? Fat chance. When we arrived in Flagstaff it was 17 degrees. I think I said something like "It's really nice here" and got the look of death from my better half. All she said was "I'm COLD!" Good thing I had a couple of tall boy Modelos to keep me company.

Today we finally hit some warmth as we drove down into the Colorado River Canyon in the southern part of Nevada. No, we didn't win any money in the casino, but we didn't lose much either.

Presently we're in Willowbutton California enjoying the warm weather and the sights of thousands of pictacio trees and acres of different kinds of veggies. Tomorrow we hit the coast and Morro Bay.

It's been fun being on the road again, seeing the beauty that this country of ours contains. I've never been a big fan of the desert, but must admit that driving across New Mexico and Arizona was pretty striking.

Ride safe.

-JD
I miss AZ. give my Saguaros a high five for me
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #59523
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post


I WANT IT!
If Doc decides he don't like hank williams then he can (finish the quote here) and turn it over to me
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #59524
mdawg12
Old and Slow
 
mdawg12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
The wife decided we needed to get out of the cold weather in Arkansas so we hit the road west...only to find out it was supposed to be 70 degrees the day we left. We overnighted in Albieville (Amarillo) then off to Santa Fe, where it was a balmy 19 degrees that night. Head west for warmth????? No, I didn't say that to my wife. But OK, it's gotta get better, right?

The next day's trip up to Bandelier National Monument was cancelled...due to heavy snow and icy roads. Crap! I really wanted to see that place. We headed south and west taking the back roads and ended up at...



Though it doedsn't look much like it, it was in the teens and the roads were snowpacked. OK, no problem, we're headed to Arizona where it's warm, right??? Fat chance. When we arrived in Flagstaff it was 17 degrees. I think I said something like "It's really nice here" and got the look of death from my better half. All she said was "I'm COLD!" Good thing I had a couple of tall boy Modelos to keep me company.

Today we finally hit some warmth as we drove down into the Colorado River Canyon in the southern part of Nevada. No, we didn't win any money in the casino, but we didn't lose much either.

Presently we're in Willowbutton California enjoying the warm weather and the sights of thousands of pictacio trees and acres of different kinds of veggies. Tomorrow we hit the coast and Morro Bay.

It's been fun being on the road again, seeing the beauty that this country of ours contains. I've never been a big fan of the desert, but must admit that driving across New Mexico and Arizona was pretty striking.

Ride safe.

-JD
If your close go to Williams and ride the train up to the Grand Canyon, spend the night there and ride the train back. We did that one Feb with snow on the ground, pretty breathtaking .
__________________
2006 KTM 450 EXC - Tagged
2005 BMW R1200GS
2001 BMW F650GS
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #59525
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post


I WANT IT!
Its yours Doc. I will get it to you soon. hopefully pickup my bike in a week or two from travis and i will drop it off there or try and find ur place again. maybe get the wife to drop me off and ride home
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #59526
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Its yours Doc. I will get it to you soon. hopefully pickup my bike in a week or two from travis and i will drop it off there or try and find ur place again. maybe get the wife to drop me off and ride home
My fishin poles broke, my boots are full of sand, my womans run away with another man. no matter how I struggle and strive I'll never get that box set alive.
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #59527
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Stuckin you takin poo soon?
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #59528
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Stuckin you takin poo soon?

Maybe just had dinner. might try and pinch one out before bed

The wife is waiting closer to spring.
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #59529
mdawg12
Old and Slow
 
mdawg12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
My fishin poles broke, my boots are full of sand, my womans run away with another man. no matter how I struggle and strive I'll never get that box set alive.

Play it backwards - your woman will come back, sand will run out of your boots, and your pole will get fixed!
__________________
2006 KTM 450 EXC - Tagged
2005 BMW R1200GS
2001 BMW F650GS
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #59530
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
The wife decided we needed to get out of the cold weather in Arkansas so we hit the road west...only to find out it was supposed to be 70 degrees the day we left.
Looks like you're having fun despite the weather!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #59531
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Maybe just had dinner. might try and pinch one out before bed

The wife is waiting closer to spring.
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #59532
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg12 View Post
Play it backwards - your woman will come back, sand will run out of your boots, and your pole will get fixed!
then I'll spit out the whiskey as my dog comes to life
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #59533
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Maybe just had dinner. might try and pinch one out before bed

The wife is waiting closer to spring.
Man, by spring she'll really be bound up won't she?
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #59534
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Man, by spring she'll really be bound up won't she?

kind of like a griz coming out of the den
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #59535
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Man, by spring she'll really be bound up won't she?
(insert yellow face slapping knee and laughing uncontrollably) (while holding stomach)
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014