Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #60901
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,123
I envy you guys with your winter weather melting so fast, wed already gots another storm coming monday and around 10 on the ground now.
What a difference 3-4 hours make.
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #60902
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,220
Albie did you own that Aprilia? I've always liked them, never ridden one. They are one sexy lookin bike!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #60903
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
This is some silly as attempt by drunk Italian douchbags to bastardize a class of bike i.e. NOT a Supermoto:

Any questions?
What's so silly about the 2013 Hyper? It has ABS, Traction Control, Programmable Fuel Mapping, 18K mile Valve Inspection, 4 Gallon Tank, 2 year Unlimited Mile Warranty, a Liquid cooled 110HP engine and will cost around $12K.

The bike pictured below doesn't have any of the niceties that are mentioned above, is very high maintenance, gets like 50 miles per fill up(2 gallon tank) and isn't even available, new, in the states. Would it be a blast to ride? Sure. Is it a bike any of us, with the exception of maybe you, would own? Not likely.

Quote:

It's a fire breathing 70 HP 280 lb bike with a 550 cc V twin motor.
And at the end of the day, a Supermoto KTM, Husky, Husaberg, Aprilia, Yamaha, etc... is going to push over $10K, require extremely high maintenance and only be appreciated by a select few. So few, in fact that the US "Supermoto" market is dead and in the last few years, many companies haven't imported their supermoto line.

BTW, the Italian douchebag, that your raggin on, is Pierre Terblanch. Hardly a resume to piss on and probably the envy of nearly every motorcyclist.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #60904
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Harps at Crossover was doing that this year! Damn if I didnt miss it though, lurve me some Hatch Chilies.

Well Teddy,

When you see them doing that in the next year can you send out a notice here on the BS link? I will need to load up a freezer for easy peeling and chili making later. Albie and Matt will most likely join us in buying them out of peppers. Oh wait Albie doesn't work, as a retired folk I recon he needs some chili roasting to help keep him busy.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #60905
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
Damn Mr. Pain, you seem to be a little testy here lately. Maybe a little more roughage in the diet will help.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #60906
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,123

This bastage likes that bike!
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #60907
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Looks like a great bike to try out!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #60908
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Damn Mr. Pain, you seem to be a little testy here lately. Maybe a little more roughage in the diet will help.
Having a good cool day, here in Central AR. I rode my POS dual-sport imposter BMW today, for the first time in about a month. I'm thinking that my POS supermoto imposter WR250X is going on the auction block. I'll be looking for a POS Honda XR trail bike imposter, to ride off road with my boy. I would consider a POS KTM, but the orange reminds me too much of TX and the that goes along with people who measure people by where they live or what they own.

Speaking of diet, I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks and have about 10lbs more to go. Looking to transform in to a 210lb Fire Breathing Father of 3 teenage girls.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #60909
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
What's so silly about the 2013 Hyper? It has ABS, Traction Control, Programmable Fuel Mapping, 18K mile Valve Inspection, 4 Gallon Tank, 2 year Unlimited Mile Warranty, a Liquid cooled 110HP engine and will cost around $12K.
It's just a naked bike, nothing hyper about it, and not even remotely is it a motard. CB 100F has the same power, costs 1/2 as much, and will be much cheaper and easier to maintain. I mean if practicality is what you are looking for in a bike, then the Honda is a way better choice.

Quote:

The bike pictured below doesn't have any of the niceties that are mentioned above, is very high maintenance, gets like 50 miles per fill up(2 gallon tank) and isn't even available, new, in the states. Would it be a blast to ride? Sure. Is it a bike any of us, with the exception of maybe you, would own? Not likely.
So what, it's 10 times more fun to ride then a average powered naked bike. But at least it's a real motard, not some Italian version of a UJM with a high price tag and plain Jane performance. Sorry if I don't go gaga over nothing more then a name and chic designer plastic.

Quote:

And at the end of the day, a Supermoto KTM, Husky, Husaberg, Aprilia, Yamaha, etc... is going to push over $10K, require extremely high maintenance and only be appreciated by a select few. So few, in fact that the US "Supermoto" market is dead and in the last few years, many companies haven't imported their supermoto line.
Sure, some of them are pushing $10K now, but then a CBR 600 600 is pushing $12K now as well. Inflations a bitch and it is happening across the board.

Quote:

BTW, the Italian douchebag, that your raggin on, is Pierre Terblanch. Hardly a resume to piss on and probably the envy of nearly every motorcyclist.

nlp

Now that's just hilarious.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #60910
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
I would consider a POS KTM, but the orange reminds me too much of TX and the that goes along with people who measure people by where they live or what they own.
nlp
Like BMW, and Ducati owners.

Hell slap a Ducati logo on a turd and the fan bois will come running.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #60911
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It's just a naked bike, nothing hyper about it, and not even remotely is it a motard. CB 100F has the same power, costs 1/2 as much, and will be much cheaper and easier to maintain. I mean if practicality is what you are looking for in a bike, then the Honda is a way better choice.

So what, it's 10 times more fun to ride then a average powered naked bike. But at least it's a real motard, not some Italian version of a UJM with a high price tag and plain Jane performance. Sorry if I don't go gaga over nothing more then a name and chic designer plastic.

Sure, some of them are pushing $10K now, but then a CBR 600 600 is pushing $12K now as well. Inflations a bitch and it is happening across the board.

Now that's just hilarious.
The CB1100 has a price tag of $10K, a hefty weight of 560 lbs and 87 hp. The Hyper has a price tag of $12K, a wet weight of 440lb and 110hp. Comparing the 2 bikes, makes about as much sense as comparing the Hyper to the Aprilia SV550. All three of these bikes serve different markets, were created for different reasons and in the end, no one really cares if you like or don't like the nomenclature. I mean even KTM labeled the 990SM a "Supermoto".

With regard to maintenance, some of us are actually interested in riding more, wrenching less. The new Duc looks like a great bike for commuting and weekend riding. I posted it because I like it, I enjoyed the video and I like talking about motorcycles. I don't like brand bashing, particularly when it's baseless and unprovoked.

nlp

NateLePain screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 12:38 PM
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #60912
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,220
Quote:
Like BMW owners.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #60913
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Italian Stallion

I love that Hyper Motard. If it is Italian, either shoes, suits, cars, bikes, or women I want to fuck it.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #60914
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
The CB1100 has a price tag of $10K, a hefty weight of 560 lbs and 87 hp. The Hyper has a price tag of $12K, a wet weight of 440lb and 110hp. Comparing the 2 bikes, makes about as much sense as comparing the Hyper to the Aprilia SV550. All three of these bikes serve different markets, were created for different reasons and in the end, no one really cares if you like or don't like the nomenclature. I mean even KTM labeled the 990SM a "Supermoto".

With regard to maintenance, some of us are actually interested in riding more, wrenching less. The new Duc looks like a great bike for commuting and weekend riding. I posted it because I like it, I enjoyed the video and I like talking about motorcycles. I don't like brand bashing, particularly when it's baseless and unprovoked.

nlp

The CB1000 is not the CB 1100. Two different bikes.

And just like the Hyper, the 990 is not a motard.

I thought it was pretty apparent I wasn't brand bashing. Just model bashing for ridiculously naming something. You getting butthurt and seeing it for something it wasn't's on you.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #60915
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post