ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #61831
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,449
Alright im stuck. Forks are out, drained, despringed. Allen bolt at the bottom musta turned hundred times. Cant get the seal out cant get fork tubes apart
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #61832
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Alright im stuck. Forks are out, drained, despringed. Allen bolt at the bottom musta turned hundred times. Cant get the seal out cant get fork tubes apart
Nevermind
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #61833
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Ted is not his pet.
more like a feral wombat, that Doc just lusts after.

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #61834
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Nevermind

If the wife was in town I'd come over and help ya out. Or barring that, drink your beer. You don't want to see me in a bikini, though.

Sadly, she's not here so I'm in charge of the spawn.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #61835
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Anyone here used one of those Seat Concepts kits? They are the DIY seat kits that supposedly improve the 2x4 on your dual sport into something you can live with. Seeing as the Husky hasn't moved, I'm thinking about keeping it and making a few upgrades.

If you've done one, how'd it turn out? Hard to do? I've never done anything like upholstery work, and I don't want the result to reflect that.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #61836
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
If the wife was in town I'd come over and help ya out. Or barring that, drink your beer. You don't want to see me in a bikini, though.

Sadly, she's not here so I'm in charge of the spawn.
Heck bring the spawn I need someone to do the farmwork today!
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #61837
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,827
How many times have you spawned Scribe?

Ive got 2, 16 year old boy, and a 13 year old girl.

about to take the boy out to wedington and hike to find a few bluff shelters I visited once about 20 years ago.
got to take drastic measures to keep him off the Xbox/computer with such nice weather.

hell I might even take the dog.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
If the wife was in town I'd come over and help ya out. Or barring that, drink your beer. You don't want to see me in a bikini, though.

Sadly, she's not here so I'm in charge of the spawn.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #61838
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Anyone here used one of those Seat Concepts kits? They are the DIY seat kits that supposedly improve the 2x4 on your dual sport into something you can live with. Seeing as the Husky hasn't moved, I'm thinking about keeping it and making a few upgrades.

If you've done one, how'd it turn out? Hard to do? I've never done anything like upholstery work, and I don't want the result to reflect that.
Scribe,

I did one on my kawazuki and it turned out great. If you do not have a staplegun; I have one you can borrow.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #61839
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 959
Scribe,

i also have the spray adhesive you will need. I am not an upholsterer, but I found it an easy job.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #61840
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
How many times have you spawned Scribe?

Ive got 2, 16 year old boy, and a 13 year old girl.

about to take the boy out to wedington and hike to find a few bluff shelters I visited once about 20 years ago.
got to take drastic measures to keep him off the Xbox/computer with such nice weather.

hell I might even take the dog.

Twice that I know of. The youngest, 14-yo girl, is glued to the TV. Wouldn't even come out chasing tags with her old man.

Cute dog.

We had a little excitement in the 'hood the other night. Chimney fire at the neighbors' house. At the height of this horrible conflagration there were no less than four fire trucks on scene. Your tax dollars at work!

__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #61841
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwizard View Post
Scribe,

I did one on my kawazuki and it turned out great. If you do not have a staplegun; I have one you can borrow.
Cool. Got any pics of the seat?
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #61842
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Anyone here used one of those Seat Concepts kits? They are the DIY seat kits that supposedly improve the 2x4 on your dual sport into something you can live with. Seeing as the Husky hasn't moved, I'm thinking about keeping it and making a few upgrades.

If you've done one, how'd it turn out? Hard to do? I've never done anything like upholstery work, and I don't want the result to reflect that.
Larry has 3 or 4 of those suckers. Seem to be good kits. It's pretty simple to install if you have a good pneumatic stapler. If you're using a manual stapler, good luck then.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #61843
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,769
Well, i spent the morning chasing a FI fault code on the gixxer. Got to love it when you put it in to dealer mode and it reads NO FAULTS. Take it out of dealer mode and the damn thing starts flashing a FI fault code immediately. God I hate Suzuki!!!

Started digging around and found out that these types of phantom fault codes are usually triggered by the really shitty attempt at mimicking Yamaha's EXUP system they call a SET. So after an hour of tweaking the damn POS SET, I finally cleared that pesky code.

Anyone want a low mileage Gixxer 600?
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #61844
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post

Anyone want a low mileage Gixxer 600?
Not sure what would kill me first, the wife or myself riding the bike.

stuckin screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 11:45 AM
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #61845
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Not sure what would kill me first, the wife or myself riding the bike.
Well now, only one way to find out!
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014